Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 110

Thread: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

  1. #31
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's funny to watch how some people are trying to spin the Obama administrations successful effort to disarm the Syrians of their chem weapons as a bad thing.

    That wouldn't be me. I'm all about it, especially sense that's what this administration said president Assad could do to prevent a US attack!

  2. #32
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That wouldn't be me. I'm all about it, especially sense that's what this administration said president Assad could do to prevent a US attack!
    Exactly!

    Just yesterday, the haters were wailing about how Obama was making the US look weak for making threats he couldn't back up. Now that Assad has completely folded on chem weapons, they are flailing about trying to find a reason to argue that giving up his chem weapons is a bad thing for the US.

    It's pretty funny
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #33
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southern USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    52

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    The US should never agree to conditions of "guaranteeing to not using force" on this issue. Of course Assad and Putin readily propose to remove chemical weapons from Syria, even though that is almost impossible to do in a civil war, because as one poster pointed out, Syria is winning the conventional war and will continue to do so with help from Iran and Russia. Hope Kerry has enough sense to keep military force on the table, regardless of any of Putin's proposals.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Selling S300's to Iran should be enough to get sanctions against Russia. All that would do is bolster Iran's ability to defy the existing UN Resolutions against them by making air raids almost too dangerous. In fact, given Obama's predilection to be anti-military action, the presence of S300's would make him lock slam up and never give the order.

    Iran... the new nuclear power and terrorist weapon flea market.
    Do you think Russia and China are going to support sanctions against Russia for selling weapons? It is big business and won't be stopped. As for nuclear reactors--those are unavoidable. Persia will run out of oil before it runs out of people and they need the electricity.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Exactly!

    Just yesterday, the haters were wailing about how Obama was making the US look weak for making threats he couldn't back up. Now that Assad has completely folded on chem weapons, they are flailing about trying to find a reason to argue that giving up his chem weapons is a bad thing for the US.

    It's pretty funny
    Yes, except that war with Syria is the alternative, and THAT is not funny, as I'm sure you agree.

  6. #36
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, except that war with Syria is the alternative, and THAT is not funny, as I'm sure you agree.
    And the haters will complain that we're not at war with Syria.

    Just give them some time
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #37
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizmo View Post
    The US should never agree to conditions of "guaranteeing to not using force" on this issue. Of course Assad and Putin readily propose to remove chemical weapons from Syria, even though that is almost impossible to do in a civil war, because as one poster pointed out, Syria is winning the conventional war and will continue to do so with help from Iran and Russia. Hope Kerry has enough sense to keep military force on the table, regardless of any of Putin's proposals.

    It was offered as an escape from any US attack. NOW, the US needs to keep its word. If that's even possible.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Putin probably actually plays chess while Obama plays checkers with Malia and Natasha and loses most of the time.

    You have to be street wise with dealing with Putin. He's a street thug (X-KGB) and like most thugs they want respect they haven't earned. When dealing with Putin you have to have perpetual vision or Putin will cold cock you when your not expecting it.

    Where as Obama was given the benefit of doubt in the beginning and shown the respect he never earned and soon it was obvious, Obama wasn't ready for the major leagues.
    Hope Obama dont read the NYT.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And the haters will complain that we're not at war with Syria.

    Just give them some time
    Who on here is hating that we are not at war with Syria. The only poll about it is running around 87% against.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: How the Syria Plan Broke Through, Just in Time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Exactly!

    Just yesterday, the haters were wailing about how Obama was making the US look weak for making threats he couldn't back up. Now that Assad has completely folded on chem weapons, they are flailing about trying to find a reason to argue that giving up his chem weapons is a bad thing for the US.

    It's pretty funny
    How do you know he "folded", be will probably get more help from Putin in lieu of the weapons.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •