Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 254

Thread: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase [W:68]

  1. #241
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,048

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    You only have "several" friends who served ?

    That's the problem today, the vast majority of younger Americans have no connections to the military.
    Or that those who have served long ago seem to believe that their opinions about the military are the only ones worth anything when it comes to military issues, even ignoring and bashing facts presented by those of us who have been in the military in the last decade or less.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #242
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You're not even correct on your information. 2010 is prior to DADT being repealed. It was just repealed last year, not in 2010.
    Once DADT was repealed, and we knew it would be (we as in the military) prosecution of all homosexual cases were stopped and new ones were not prosecuted. So yes, it did effectively end in 2010. The Staff Judge Advocate and JAG were not wasting their time on investigating and prosecuting something that was going to be repealed anyway. Further, the official repeal DID occur at the end of 2010 with the beginning of the Joint Chiefs overview and the 60 waiting period following. Get your facts straight.
    Democrats in both houses of Congress first attempted to end DADT by amending the Defense Authorization Act. On May 27, 2010, on a 234–194 vote,[125] the U.S. House of Representatives approved the Murphy amendment[126] to the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011. It provided for repeal of the DADT policy and created a process for lifting the policy, including a U.S. Department of Defense study and certification by key officials that the change in policy would not harm military readiness followed by a waiting period of 60 days.[127][128] The amended defense bill passed the House on May 28, 2010.[129]
    Don't ask, don't tell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Plus, you have no support for what you are trying to say. In fact, another key fact that you fail to consider is that reports are not released to the Corps about who made them, but the numbers are. But if an investigation was conducted, even with the victim not being named, that would still have clashed with DADT possibly in the past but would not now. None of what you posted makes any sense in regards to the arguments being made. You are simply stating stupid opinions that have nothing to do with the true facts.
    There are no assumptions being made here.
    Regarding retention, 10 percent of active-duty U.S. personnel said they were not planning to leave when their obligation ended but would leave sooner in the event of repeal. By service, the portions of this group identified as most likely to leave ranged from 2 percent among those in U.S. Coast Guard nonoperational occupations to more than 12 percent among U.S. Marines
    Gays in the Military | RAND
    More than 70 percent of respondents, spanning all branches of the military, said the effect of repealing the prohibition on openly gay troops would be positive, mixed or nonexistent. But about 40 percent of the Marine Corps respondents expressed concern about lifting the ban.
    Why are the Marines the military's biggest backers of 'don't ask, don't tell'?
    66.5 percent of U.S. Marine combat forces surveyed by a special Defense Department working group said that putting homosexuals in their units would hurt their effectiveness in the field, and 47.8 percent of Marines in combat units specifically said putting homosexuals in their units would hurt their effectiveness “in an intense combat situation.”
    67 Percent of Marine Combat Forces Say Putting Homosexuals in Their Units Will Hurt Their Effectiveness in the Field, Says DOD Report | CNS News
    Does this sound like a force that is gay friendly?
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    All men, Marines or not, are afraid to report a sexual assault, whether to military authorities or to civilian authorities. The reason reports go up is because men feel that they are able to report them without people finding out. It has little to nothing to do with how many people are actually being assaulted. Your assumptions are based on pure fantasy about Marines that doesn't exist.
    A) I think I know a little about Marines. I've been one for 15 years. I have created over 400 Marines as a Drill Instructor, have led them in combat on 5 different occasions, and have served in numerous spots with numerous MOS's. As opposed to you who may have met a few once or twice and may have given some of us a ride to a fight.
    B) Sexual assault training has been in the military for as long as I've been in. Sexual Assault Prevention Coordinators have been around for that long as well. So what changed? All of the steps that have been taken (civilianizing the coordinators, etc) have been retroactive to the uptick in reports. So that isn't the reason. So what is? You throw the "idiot" name around yet have nothing to back your claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Sexual assault isn't about sexual orientation.
    Yes, because straight men rape other straight men most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And cases are not going to increase just because gay men are now allowed to say that they are gay without fear of reprisal for that.
    Why wouldn't it? If a man who previously wasn't allowed to join based on his sexual orientation now joins, then gets drunk one night and decides to have his way with his roommate in the barracks, didn't being gay in the first place AND being allowed to join make that happen? Of course that's a hypothetical scenario, but, it is totally in keeping with what happens during many sexual assaults, regardless of sex. Alcohol is involved many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    DADT being repealed didn't make it okay for men to be sexually assaulted and only an idiot would think that the repeal is responsible for any perceived increase in sexual assaults.
    Where did I say it did make it okay? Only an idiot would have the theories that she has and not have a single thread of evidence to back it up. Where are your stats that reports are up just because people think it's okay to do now? Where's your proof?



    Anyway, what is your take on why, when we've received sexual assault training for as long as I can remember, that it suddenly became okay to these guys to report when it wasn't before? You have yet to present any thing that supports your THEORY. Nothing. I at least have a factor that directly influences my theory, the repeal of DADT. I'll you know, by the way, that
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #243
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You're not even correct on your information. 2010 is prior to DADT being repealed. It was just repealed last year, not in 2010.
    Once DADT was repealed, and we knew it would be (we as in the military) prosecution of all homosexual cases were stopped and new ones were not prosecuted. So yes, it did effectively end in 2010. The Staff Judge Advocate and JAG were not wasting their time on investigating and prosecuting something that was going to be repealed anyway. Further, the official repeal DID occur at the end of 2010 with the beginning of the Joint Chiefs overview and the 60 waiting period following. Get your facts straight.
    Democrats in both houses of Congress first attempted to end DADT by amending the Defense Authorization Act. On May 27, 2010, on a 234–194 vote,[125] the U.S. House of Representatives approved the Murphy amendment[126] to the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011. It provided for repeal of the DADT policy and created a process for lifting the policy, including a U.S. Department of Defense study and certification by key officials that the change in policy would not harm military readiness followed by a waiting period of 60 days.[127][128] The amended defense bill passed the House on May 28, 2010.[129]
    Don't ask, don't tell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Plus, you have no support for what you are trying to say. In fact, another key fact that you fail to consider is that reports are not released to the Corps about who made them, but the numbers are. But if an investigation was conducted, even with the victim not being named, that would still have clashed with DADT possibly in the past but would not now. None of what you posted makes any sense in regards to the arguments being made. You are simply stating stupid opinions that have nothing to do with the true facts.
    There are no assumptions being made here.
    Regarding retention, 10 percent of active-duty U.S. personnel said they were not planning to leave when their obligation ended but would leave sooner in the event of repeal. By service, the portions of this group identified as most likely to leave ranged from 2 percent among those in U.S. Coast Guard nonoperational occupations to more than 12 percent among U.S. Marines
    Gays in the Military | RAND
    More than 70 percent of respondents, spanning all branches of the military, said the effect of repealing the prohibition on openly gay troops would be positive, mixed or nonexistent. But about 40 percent of the Marine Corps respondents expressed concern about lifting the ban.
    Why are the Marines the military's biggest backers of 'don't ask, don't tell'?
    66.5 percent of U.S. Marine combat forces surveyed by a special Defense Department working group said that putting homosexuals in their units would hurt their effectiveness in the field, and 47.8 percent of Marines in combat units specifically said putting homosexuals in their units would hurt their effectiveness “in an intense combat situation.”
    67 Percent of Marine Combat Forces Say Putting Homosexuals in Their Units Will Hurt Their Effectiveness in the Field, Says DOD Report | CNS News
    Does this sound like a force that is gay friendly?
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    All men, Marines or not, are afraid to report a sexual assault, whether to military authorities or to civilian authorities. The reason reports go up is because men feel that they are able to report them without people finding out. It has little to nothing to do with how many people are actually being assaulted. Your assumptions are based on pure fantasy about Marines that doesn't exist.
    A) I think I know a little about Marines. I've been one for 15 years. I have created over 400 Marines as a Drill Instructor, have led them in combat on 5 different occasions, and have served in numerous spots with numerous MOS's. As opposed to you who may have met a few once or twice and may have given some of us a ride to a fight.
    B) Sexual assault training has been in the military for as long as I've been in. Sexual Assault Prevention Coordinators have been around for that long as well. So what changed? All of the steps that have been taken (civilianizing the coordinators, etc) have been retroactive to the uptick in reports. So that isn't the reason. So what is? You throw the "idiot" name around yet have nothing to back your claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Sexual assault isn't about sexual orientation.
    Yes, because straight men rape other straight men most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And cases are not going to increase just because gay men are now allowed to say that they are gay without fear of reprisal for that.
    Why wouldn't it? If a man who previously wasn't allowed to join based on his sexual orientation now joins, then gets drunk one night and decides to have his way with his roommate in the barracks, didn't being gay in the first place AND being allowed to join make that happen? Of course that's a hypothetical scenario, but, it is totally in keeping with what happens during many sexual assaults, regardless of sex. Alcohol is involved many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    DADT being repealed didn't make it okay for men to be sexually assaulted and only an idiot would think that the repeal is responsible for any perceived increase in sexual assaults.
    Where did I say it did make it okay? Only an idiot would have the theories that she has and not have a single thread of evidence to back it up. Where are your stats that reports are up just because people think it's okay to do now? Where's your proof?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #244
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    I am so tired of the Liberal "feel goods" who are in a state of denial. The bottom line there is a huge problem with women serving aboard Combatants. 726 cases in one year and probably that many again that went unreported. Wake up Liberals!!!!
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am so tired of the Liberal "feel goods" who are in a state of denial. The bottom line there is a huge problem with women serving aboard Combatants. 726 cases in one year and probably that many again that went unreported. Wake up Liberals!!!!
    So you're saying the Navy is un-disciplined and can't help from raping women huh? If not then there isn't as big a problem as you make it. Your choice

  6. #246
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you're saying the Navy is un-disciplined and can't help from raping women huh? If not then there isn't as big a problem as you make it. Your choice
    Read my posts on the issue.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Read my posts on the issue.
    I have and you say they cant help it. So they are undisciplined. That's according to you.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I have and you say they cant help it. So they are undisciplined. That's according to you.
    You are clueless as to what its like being on Navy ship after 90 days at sea
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you're saying the Navy is un-disciplined and can't help from raping women huh? If not then there isn't as big a problem as you make it. Your choice
    I wasn't a sailor but a Marine. I was never a member of a ship's company, never a member of a ship's Marine detachment. But was aboard the USS Valley Forge, USS Princeton and the USS Iwo Jima while with BLT 1/26 and 2/26.

    The Valley Forge and Princeton were significant, they have a proud history during WW ll and Korea,

    While we Marines were trying to fill the boots of the Marines who served before us on Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima. Those sailors on the Princeton, Valley Forge, all of the 900 ships back then were doing their best to fill the boots of the sailors who served before them during the sea battles of Gudacanale, Savo Island, Battle of Midway, Philipine Seas or off of Okinawa.

    Who in #### are today's sailors boots are they trying to fill in todays PC Navy ???

    Turning warships into love boats in the name of diversity and political correctness.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You are clueless as to what its like being on Navy ship after 90 days at sea
    Yes evidently it turns sailors into sex-crazed rapists according to you.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •