Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 254

Thread: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase [W:68]

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I blame no one.........There are enough problems on a Navy Combatant without adding women to the equation and its not just the males...Liberals want to ake the Navy a social experiment with women or gays and it just won't work
    You are blaming liberals so that is lie #1

    You have in the past blamed women for using sexuality (cock teasing) to gain rank so that is lie #2

    You seem to think no gay men have ever served and 'serviced' aboard a US Navy ship before DADT lie #3

    What would be interesting is prior to DADT how many discharges were given to gay Naval men for homosexual acts while underway. How many reports of homosexual acts while underway were reported. How many people serve aboard US Navy ships each year to get an idea if the reported sexual assaults are above land based units and the civilian population in general.

  2. #112
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Except that, as it has been pointed out over and over again in this thread, a lot of it goes unreported. A lot of it goes unpunished. And that won't do. A lot of men don't know it's not okay to sexually assault a woman. In fact, that there were no circumstances where it was okay is a relatively new concept. Remember, when you were born, it was legal for husbands to rape their wives in most states. So no, there is plenty logical to do besides segregate women out of opportunities that we reserve to men. You teach men not to freaking rape anyone.
    So, let me get this straight. Your contention is that raping of women has not been properly exposed as the bad practice it is to males in general. Therefore, we shouldn't segregate men and women (in the military) but instead just try to train it out of men? Not being sarcastic, just stating what I think I'm reading.
    As far as the military and sexual assault, trust me, we know it's wrong. When I joined the Marine Corps in 1999 there were sexual assault classes. It was annual training, we had a sexual assault representative for each battalion (about 600-700 Marines) that was sent to Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) school, and we had a specific chain of command to go to in case of sexual assault. It has only gotten more comprehensive since then. We now are training quarterly on sexual assault and the SARC's are civilians now so as to encourage reporting. This is why I initially said that unless a person is in the military, they don't know what they're talking about. Sexual assault has been exposed as the bad thing that it is to us. It's not a lack of training. Heck, we even have training now that actually shows a video of a soldier convicted of sexual assault telling us why it's wrong. It's not a lack of punishment. We see people getting hammered with courts martial, etc every time it happens. The only other thing it can be is more exposure between sexes.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #113
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well since rapes happen each year in the U.S. and obviously men can't control themselves we should get rid of all women in the U.S. as well since men can't control themselves according to your logic.

    I have never seen a bunch of apologetics to rapists as I have seen in this thread. I guess using your logic marines and navy have absolutely NO discipline.

    now given what I've seen you are wrong and navy and marines DO have discipline but if you are saying they can't keep their hands off women and act professionally you are degrading the military.
    Well, seeing as how according to The Campus Sexual Assault Study (2007) our sexual assault rate is significantly lower than similar age groups in the civilian world I'd say we are much more disciplined that you guys aren't we? No one is trying to make excuses for rapists here, as I have pointed out. What I am saying is that our leadership should have anticipated this happening due to the increased exposure that men and women are having to each other. Like I said to another user, if you drive more, you wreck more. If you play sports, you're more likely to get injured. If you put men around women more, it's bound to happen. Let me also point out that male on male sexual assault has skyrocketed since DADT was repealed. That has also contributed to the rise in assault numbers. 53 percent of sexual assaults are male on male.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/us...anted=all&_r=0
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #114
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You are blaming liberals so that is lie #1
    They were the ones who pushed the policy

    You have in the past blamed women for using sexuality (cock teasing) to gain rank so that is lie #2
    Actually that is correct, and a well known phenomenon among both males and affronted females who are treated suspiciously because of it.

  5. #115
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    So, let me get this straight. Your contention is that raping of women has not been properly exposed as the bad practice it is to males in general. Therefore, we shouldn't segregate men and women (in the military) but instead just try to train it out of men? Not being sarcastic, just stating what I think I'm reading.
    As far as the military and sexual assault, trust me, we know it's wrong. When I joined the Marine Corps in 1999 there were sexual assault classes. It was annual training, we had a sexual assault representative for each battalion (about 600-700 Marines) that was sent to Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) school, and we had a specific chain of command to go to in case of sexual assault. It has only gotten more comprehensive since then. We now are training quarterly on sexual assault and the SARC's are civilians now so as to encourage reporting. This is why I initially said that unless a person is in the military, they don't know what they're talking about. Sexual assault has been exposed as the bad thing that it is to us. It's not a lack of training. Heck, we even have training now that actually shows a video of a soldier convicted of sexual assault telling us why it's wrong. It's not a lack of punishment. We see people getting hammered with courts martial, etc every time it happens. The only other thing it can be is more exposure between sexes.
    Precisely. The military long since reached the point of diminishing returns with its' sexual assault training requirements.

  6. #116
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Rape is a felony. There are two other options that are far more appropriate:

    1) Better screening of our military. People who commit rape are not average, run of the mill males. They are criminals or suffer from some issue. Our military should be doing all it can to make sure that members are not going to commit criminal acts. Now, I understand that preventing this completely is not possible. Not everyone shows signs. However, better screening might prevent some of these acts.
    Currently, no one that has committed a felony of any kind can join the military. Further, especially in our current recruiting environment, people that have committed violent misdemeanors are not viewed as a desirable candidate and are not actively recruited. I am sitting right next to a recruiter who is in charge of recruiting for the entire northeast. Now, if we're speaking of the past, yes some people were accepted with some of these things. You can thank our politicians that put us in a two front war for that. We had to plus up for those wars. Trust me, recruiters had already gotten pretty much every desirable candidate they could get into the training pipeline. The only thing the services could do was lower the standards. The Army was especially guilty of this. I was a Drill Instructor on Parris Island during the plus up in the 2005-2006 timeline. I could see a distinct difference in recruits.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    2) Education of our military. More sex interaction education. We are dealing with young people who need to be reminded that just because they have impulses, do NOT mean that they have the right to succumb to them, and just because women are around, doesn't mean that they can do as they please.
    We receive sexual assault training quarterly to include a new video showing a soldier convicted of sexual assault telling his story and why he was wrong. We also have Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARC) whose sole job is to deal with sexual assault. They are civilians at the higher level. There is no specific chain of command regarding sexual assault either. Servicemembers are encouraged to contact whomever they are most comfortable with if they have something to report.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Preventing women from serving is absurd. It's reactionary. It gives the impression that women are the lesser sex and need to be protected. It also designates men as predators. These are gross overgeneralizations.
    I never said prevent women from serving. Never did. What I said is that men and women should be more segregated like they used to be. When I first joined in 1999, women were not allowed to serve in combat commands at any level. Now, they can serve at the regimental level (a regiment is about 3000 Marines) and a proposal is out there to put them at the battalion level (about 600 Marines). Battalions are much more close knit and in the field more often. The numbers will go up.
    Further, as I said in another post, male on male assault now accounts for 53% of sexual assaults. This has skyrocketed since 2010. Remember what happened in 2010? I'm not proposing that we should reinstate DADT. I don't think anyone should be prevented from serving due to their sexual orientation. However, like I've said with integrating men and women, the more exposure you have to more likely sexual assault is to occur.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #117
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Precisely. The military long since reached the point of diminishing returns with its' sexual assault training requirements.
    I know bro! It's just like suicide man. We have talked about it so much that it's now giving people ideas. Did you hear about the Marine in 2d LAR that left a note stating the Suicide Prevention training that he had seen that day gave him the idea to kill himself? When you talk about it so much, it's almost like the human brain automatically thinks about it more.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    They were the ones who pushed the policy Actually that is correct, and a well known phenomenon among both males and affronted females who are treated suspiciously because of it.
    You miss the point, he claims to blame no one and then blames the Liberals...

    Yeah those bad ol' 'liberals' pushing to end separate race based units in the military. Pushing to end the prosecution of gays in the military- they have served proudly and honorably for centuries. Now to allow women the chance to advance in a career field that includes duty at sea. What would the Cons have the Navy do, keep the females on shore typing and being nurses?

    The excuse a woman can unbutton a few buttons or wear a 'Polly push-up bra' and gain career favor attacks the NCO corps of the Navy. It says the Navy lacks the basic professionalism and basic discipline needed if war was to break out. (It also ignores the brown noser male trying to curry favor)

    Doesn't fly.... or perhaps a better term... doesn't swim....

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Let's see... two libs, one left, and one communist implying the left. No substance in your post at all.
    Sorry that you have a comprehension problem.

    Should I have thrown in progressive ?

  10. #120
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,107

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Sorry that you have a comprehension problem.

    Should I have thrown in progressive ?
    He's saying you should have more content to your posts beyond "grumble grumble grumble Liberals grumble grumble Communists grumble grumble grumble". Having suffered through many of your previous threads, I personally think he's asking too much of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •