Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 254

Thread: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase [W:68]

  1. #91
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    I had a bunch more comments, but I'm going to leave it to just the problematic assumptions about the various genders.



    Instead, rapist sailors just raped civilians. Yes, when rapists don't have victims to rape, they don't rape them. But what kind of backwards idea is it to coddle the rapists and punish the victims? Tell me, do you think that women would be less often the victims of rape if they were always escorted by a male keeper? You're suggesting limiting women's choices because men just can't help but rape them, right? Why not follow that line of thinking past the navy?



    And you think that one gender over another is more inclined to falsely accuse someone of this? We keep coming back to you blaming problems on women as a whole, like tempting men and lying to men is just in their nature.



    So, it's just in men's nature to rape? And you're okay with this? What else should we not let women do because men can't help themselves?

    Just so we're clear, I'm pretty offended whenever someone contends that I, as a man, am just built to be rape-y. If you're okay with it, you should re-evaluate your view of yourself.
    Man you are really out in left field. I see your a socialist but still there is no excuse for what you have stated.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    726 sexual assaults in the Navy last year. a couple hundred more then the previous year...Those are the facts.
    I truly believe that the only way you can solve this problem is to have one sex ships but that will never happen.
    Well yeah, you could also put everyone in a bubble and then no crimes at all would ever happen. Some times you have to weigh the pro's and the con's. So...what are the pro's and the con's of having women on ships? We already have one con. So what would be a pro?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #93
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Man you are really out in left field. I see your a socialist but still there is no excuse for what you have stated.
    The nonsensical lean attacks aside, that men can't help but force themselves on women, and so women must be removed from the equation, is the central premise of your argument. I take a lot of offense at that. My gender doesn't make me a rapist. Why do you think it makes you one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    726 sexual assaults in the Navy last year. a couple hundred more then the previous year...Those are the facts.
    I truly believe that the only way you can solve this problem is to have one sex ships but that will never happen.
    Got that? You truly believe that there is no way for men and women to serve on a ship together without the men forcing themselves sexually on women. You are contending that sexual assaults are an intrinsic part of masculinity. Don't you get pissed off when feminists say that?

    So seriously, stop being dismissive and answer the question. Do you really think that men cannot help themselves? Why do you think so little of our gender? And how do men not have the moral obligation to rise above that baser nature? Why should women be stripped of an opportunity and not men... all because men can't help themselves?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  4. #94
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    So, it's just in men's nature to rape? And you're okay with this? What else should we not let women do because men can't help themselves?

    Just so we're clear, I'm pretty offended whenever someone contends that I, as a man, am just built to be rape-y. If you're okay with it, you should re-evaluate your view of yourself.
    Yeah, it is in SOME men's nature to rape. You act as if I said all men rape all women. Read what I friggin said. I said the more women are around men, the more rapes will occur. It's inevitable. That's with anything in life. If you drive more, you're more apt to wreck. If you play sports, you're more apt to be injured. The more women are around men, the more likely it is that a woman will run across a man who will sexually assault her. It's the way the world works. And NOWHERE in my post did I say it was okay bro. If you can point it out, I'd love to see it. You just decided you didn't like what I said and tried to take it to an extreme because you really have no counterpoint or understanding of what I'm talking about.
    The fact of the matter is that we can't predict what men will sexually assault women. We can't control that. The one thing we CAN CONTROL is the amount of time women spend time around men in confined/stressful/austere environments. When our leadership, civilian and military, decide they want to allow women to be in areas or MOS's that will make them be around men more often, they need to be prepared to deal with the consequences. All men know it's not okay to sexually assault a woman. We all know we'll go to jail for it. Yet some of us still do it. So really there's no other logical thing to do other than separate men and women in the military. Politicians and General officers have decided that equality is more important than safety. And here we are.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #95
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    The fact of the matter is that we can't predict what men will sexually assault women. We can't control that. The one thing we CAN CONTROL is the amount of time women spend time around men in confined/stressful/austere environments. When our leadership, civilian and military, decide they want to allow women to be in areas or MOS's that will make them be around men more often, they need to be prepared to deal with the consequences. All men know it's not okay to sexually assault a woman. We all know we'll go to jail for it. Yet some of us still do it. So really there's no other logical thing to do other than separate men and women in the military. Politicians and General officers have decided that equality is more important than safety. And here we are.
    Except that, as it has been pointed out over and over again in this thread, a lot of it goes unreported. A lot of it goes unpunished. And that won't do. A lot of men don't know it's not okay to sexually assault a woman. In fact, that there were no circumstances where it was okay is a relatively new concept. Remember, when you were born, it was legal for husbands to rape their wives in most states. So no, there is plenty logical to do besides segregate women out of opportunities that we reserve to men. You teach men not to freaking rape anyone.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #96
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase [W:68]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I told all you "feel Good" Liberals a long time ago that women serving on Navy combatants at sea would never work....Its really the tip of the iceberg.



    Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase - ABC News





    NORFOLK, Va. September 11, 2013 (AP)

    By BROCK VERGAKIS Associated Press




    Associated Press



    The number of sexual assaults reported to the Navy has grown by about 50 percent in the past year, which Navy officials said Wednesday is a sign that a growing number of sailors feel more comfortable reporting an assault and believe something will be done about it when they do.

    The Navy said it is on pace to end the 2013 fiscal year later this month with about 1,100 reports of sexual assault. That's up from the 726 sexual assaults reported in the previous fiscal year
    The big problem I have with this is that it is looked at as if it is a recent problem. The truth of the matter is that sexual assault and rape are actually WAY DOWN in the military. A few factors are driving the upward trend in numbers. One factor is the reporting system. The reporting system gives victims options they did not have before to report sexual assaults and rapes. Victims can remain anonymous until the investigation is completed and charges are filed. This was a much needed change.... However, while this was a positive change, the negative change is the expansion of the definition of sexual assault. Simply put, sexual assault is defined by the offended individual. Simply looking at a female the wrong way can be sexual assault in the military. The other negative aspect is that since reported sexual assaults and rapes have gone up due to the ease of reporting and not because there has been an actual increase in the number of sexual assaults and rapes, there has been a lot of alarmism and knee jerk reactions. This has allowed more frivilous and false claims lead to prosecution of innocent people. There has not been a counter ballance to this such as sever punishments for false reporting, nor has there been emphisis on investigating the credibility of the claim. In many cases, the credibility of the victim is not admissable in court.

    So all in all, this has been a negative thing for victims of real sexual assault and rape along with the protection of false accusations.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Yeah, it is in SOME men's nature to rape. You act as if I said all men rape all women. Read what I friggin said. I said the more women are around men, the more rapes will occur. It's inevitable. That's with anything in life. If you drive more, you're more apt to wreck. If you play sports, you're more apt to be injured. The more women are around men, the more likely it is that a woman will run across a man who will sexually assault her. It's the way the world works. And NOWHERE in my post did I say it was okay bro. If you can point it out, I'd love to see it. You just decided you didn't like what I said and tried to take it to an extreme because you really have no counterpoint or understanding of what I'm talking about.
    The fact of the matter is that we can't predict what men will sexually assault women. We can't control that. The one thing we CAN CONTROL is the amount of time women spend time around men in confined/stressful/austere environments. When our leadership, civilian and military, decide they want to allow women to be in areas or MOS's that will make them be around men more often, they need to be prepared to deal with the consequences. All men know it's not okay to sexually assault a woman. We all know we'll go to jail for it. Yet some of us still do it. So really there's no other logical thing to do other than separate men and women in the military. Politicians and General officers have decided that equality is more important than safety. And here we are.
    Well since rapes happen each year in the U.S. and obviously men can't control themselves we should get rid of all women in the U.S. as well since men can't control themselves according to your logic.

    I have never seen a bunch of apologetics to rapists as I have seen in this thread. I guess using your logic marines and navy have absolutely NO discipline.

    now given what I've seen you are wrong and navy and marines DO have discipline but if you are saying they can't keep their hands off women and act professionally you are degrading the military.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 09-13-13 at 01:19 AM.

  8. #98
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well since rapes happen each year in the U.S. and obviously men can't control themselves we should get rid of all women in the U.S. as well since men can't control themselves according to your logic.

    I have never seen a bunch of apologetics to rapists as I have seen in this thread. I guess using your logic marines and navy have absolutely NO discipline.
    Rape apologists? What exactly do you define as a rape apologist. Certainly, there are victims of rape and there should be punishments handed out for the perpetrators if the evidence supports the charge. But today, the court system and society as a whole is creating an evironment where claims can be made and are held up regaurdless of the credibility of the claim. In any other case such as murder, theft, or any other crime, the strength of the evidence must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused committed the crime. In rape cases, many times a simple allegation is evidence enough to convict someone. Not sure if you have been watching the news, but recently there have been cases of men wrongly accused who have spent years in prison. The cases were based on testimony and accusation alone. And in many states, the credibility of the victim is not allowed to be questioned in court or used against the victim.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  9. #99
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,075

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase [W:68]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I told all you "feel Good" Liberals a long time ago that women serving on Navy combatants at sea would never work....Its really the tip of the iceberg.



    Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase - ABC News





    NORFOLK, Va. September 11, 2013 (AP)

    By BROCK VERGAKIS Associated Press




    Associated Press



    The number of sexual assaults reported to the Navy has grown by about 50 percent in the past year, which Navy officials said Wednesday is a sign that a growing number of sailors feel more comfortable reporting an assault and believe something will be done about it when they do.

    The Navy said it is on pace to end the 2013 fiscal year later this month with about 1,100 reports of sexual assault. That's up from the 726 sexual assaults reported in the previous fiscal year
    Let me clear something up for you...

    increase in "sexual assaults reported" =/= increase in sexual assaults

    You've proven nothing. In the past reporting it was more likely to have you face retaliation than today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Rape apologists? What exactly do you define as a rape apologist. Certainly, there are victims of rape and there should be punishments handed out for the perpetrators if the evidence supports the charge.
    Rape apologists are those blaming people putting women in the military for rapes instead of blaming the people who actually do the rapes.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •