Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 101

Thread: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM[W:95]

  1. #11
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Terble, just terble!
    Yep, we know, you don't care. As long as you get what you want when you want it that's the gold standard. We'll see how you feel in a generation when the folks who did care have checked out, given up and joined the gimme set.

  2. #12
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    First you say no slippery slope then you make a comment that proves there is one.
    not if you can read there not, maybe read the post over

    try focusing on the words new right, no precedence leads itself to polygamy

    there is no slippery slope and the best part is if you could ever prove one which you cant it would be based on marriage period, not GAY marriage. but that point is moot since there isnt one.

    but as always if you disagree by all means explain to me what the slippery slope of GAY marriage is and how it leads to other marriage using only its precedence.

    hey maybe you are right and the many others are wrong?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #13
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Terble, just terble!
    yep always funny watching people get upset and angry of equal rights, pure hypocrisy.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #14
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,562

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Gay marriage doesnt lead to polygamy anymore than hetero marriage does and theres no precedence set by gay or hetero marriage alone that lends itself to fight for polygamy.
    This slippery slop fallacy is always a complete failure.

    we heard it with minorities and women voting, "if they get to vote I might as well let my horse vote" and with interracial marriage, "if a white can marry a black why not just marry a dog"

    these irrational failed straw men and slipper slope fear tactics were illogical and inane back then and that holds true today fore gay marriage.

    so to answer your question where does THIS particular issue end (where does equal rights for gays lead)?, it ends at equal rights for gays because that argument doesnt hold true for any other groups.

    to make your question honest and or logical, you would have to ask where does marriage lead us PERIOD.

    and ill try to answer that question also. Marriage is consenting, sound mind adults. SO if polygamist want to fight for the NEW right to marry they "could" and if they would win, which i would support, it will have nothing to do with solely GAY marriage but them wanting to have marriage laws recognize multiple partners which it doesnt do currently.

    the hard part would be figuring out the rules, property rights, taxes, what happens when one member of the marriage dies or divorces etc. Among fighting for a new right that is their other hurdle.

    after that theres nothing left that fits legal contract law and consenting sound mind adults. Do you have any specific ones youd like to discuss?
    That all depends on how SSM is implemented. As a standard popular change to state law, I agree with you, but if changed by judicial fiat on "equal rights" grounds being redefined as applying to a (any?) "strong personal desire" then polygamy, polyandry and polygyny may be just a matter of time as well.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    not if you can read there not, maybe read the post over

    try focusing on the words new right, no precedence leads itself to polygamy

    there is no slippery slope and the best part is if you could ever prove one which you cant it would be based on marriage period, not GAY marriage. but that point is moot since there isnt one.

    but as always if you disagree by all means explain to me what the slippery slope of GAY marriage is and how it leads to other marriage using only its precedence.

    hey maybe you are right and the many others are wrong?
    A "new right" within the confines of the word "marriage" makes marriage a different word. Your saying that polygamist may be the next to demand to be married is the slippery slope argument.

  6. #16
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yep always funny watching people get upset and angry of equal rights, pure hypocrisy.
    Yeah, yeah, tell it to someone who buys your lame argument that this all has anything to do with equal rights under the Constitution. I know you like to repeat it incessantly, so have at it. Still not buying it.

    Do what you want, the country I served, was proud to call my own, is history. You and folks who spout the same garbage can polish this turd. Just give me my free stuff.

  7. #17
    Advisor douglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-16 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    458

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    pretty much or in 25 years they are going to look like this

    you know how most people laugh and make fun of these baboons below and how dumb and bigoted they were and most of uc cant imagine there were people this imbecilic.
    Attachment 67153441


    well in 25 years it will be no different but the picture will look like this
    Attachment 67153440


    now of course if people want to BELIEVE, THINK, and PREACH minorities, women and gays are bad and evil they are free to do so and i would protect thier right to do so. But discriminating against them and trying to deny them equal rights is just dumb.

    Slowly but surely the US fixes its social wrongs.
    After a careful forensic analysis of that image, I think I've found the source of American Conservatism!!
    pgsw8o5o.jpg

  8. #18
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That all depends on how SSM is implemented. As a standard popular change to state law, I agree with you, but if changed by judicial fiat on "equal rights" grounds being redefined as applying to a (any?) "strong personal desire" then polygamy, polyandry and polygyny may be just a matter of time as well.
    no equal rights wouldnt apply since NOBODY can have a marriage contract with multiple partners

    so unless a state banned specifically polygamous MAARRIAGE first, then they could argue discrimination and equality but that would have NOTHING to do with gay marriage or hetero marriage.

    also polygamy is polandry/polgynyy
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #19
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    1.)A "new right" within the confines of the word "marriage" makes marriage a different word.
    2.) Your saying that polygamist may be the next to demand to be married is the slippery slope argument.
    translation: you cant provide the argument for the slippery slope like i asked
    1.)nope not at all, it would be a new right because NOBODY can enter into a marriage contract with more than two parties
    2.) factually false, like i already ask if you disagree provide the facts that lead for gay marriage to polygamy marriage just based on gay marriage. Id love to read it. Maybe you dont know what slippery slope actually means?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Gay Marriage Stirs Little Public Outcry in NM

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you cant provide the argument for the slippery slope like i asked
    1.)nope not at all, it would be a new right because NOBODY can enter into a marriage contract with more than two parties
    2.) factually false, like i already ask if you disagree provide the facts that lead for gay marriage to polygamy marriage just based on gay marriage. Id love to read it. Maybe you dont know what slippery slope actually means?
    You are the one that said it could be a next step and by so doing agreed with me. I don't know what you want to argue about?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •