Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 345

Thread: Police detain George Zimmerman after 911 call from wife [W:265]

  1. #161
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    re: Police detain George Zimmerman after 911 call from wife [W:265]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Would you or would you not feel threatened if someone who was clearly upset with you had a gun in their hands? It's presence is what is relevant not whether or not he took a shot at someone. Right?

    If it was in his hand momentarily, while pointed at the floor, because he was putting in his luggage to take out to the car.... no, I would not automatically feel threatened.

    Per most state's laws, simply having a gun in your hand is not necessarily a crime of assault or threatening act, unless you add menacing behavior or verbal threats to same, or POINT the gun at someone, or commit another crime while armed.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #162
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    re: Police detain George Zimmerman after 911 call from wife [W:265]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Would you or would you not feel threatened if someone who was clearly upset with you had a gun in their hands? It's presence is what is relevant not whether or not he took a shot at someone. Right?
    Of course I would. But now she's saying it wasn't. So what do I believe? What she said when she was hysterical and pissed off at him and trying to get him in trouble? Or what she's saying now?

    The only reason I even got into this thread, was when I saw that what everyone thought, including me, was wrong.

  3. #163
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Police detain George Zimmerman after 911 call from wife [W:265]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    If it was in his hand momentarily, while pointed at the floor, because he was putting in his luggage to take out to the car.... no, I would not automatically feel threatened.

    Per most state's laws, simply having a gun in your hand is not necessarily a crime of assault or threatening act, unless you add menacing behavior or verbal threats to same, or POINT the gun at someone, or commit another crime while armed.
    As a women. If a man was angry at me, especially if his ego was involved because I was leaving him, I would feel threatened. I understand your reasoning here but I do think it is different for women.


    Regardless, his language was threatening. That is if she has provided an accurate account of what he said.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: George Zimmerman in Custody After Gun Incident

    The asshole punched his father-in-law in the face possibly breaking his nose. It doesn't matter if she pleads to let him go and claims him to be an angel ...that's assault.
    He' going to jail.

  5. #165
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Police detain George Zimmerman after 911 call from wife [W:265]

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Of course I would. But now she's saying it wasn't. So what do I believe? What she said when she was hysterical and pissed off at him and trying to get him in trouble? Or what she's saying now?

    The only reason I even got into this thread, was when I saw that what everyone thought, including me, was wrong.
    Well once again. No one will ever know for certain unless some else can provide more objective evidence. It is not uncommon for women to back down though. Even if she was wrong about the gun, the menacing behavior is telling.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #166
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: George Zimmerman in Custody After Gun Incident

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The asshole punched his father-in-law in the face possibly breaking his nose. It doesn't matter if she pleads to let him go and claims him to be an angel ...that's assault.
    He' going to jail.
    And I'm fine with that. IF it's true. This whole story has been just another example of the media and the public jumping to conclusions.

  7. #167
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: George Zimmerman in Custody After Gun Incident

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The asshole punched his father-in-law in the face possibly breaking his nose. It doesn't matter if she pleads to let him go and claims him to be an angel ...that's assault.
    He' going to jail.
    They're not pressing charges and he was not arrested.
    Maybe a new agency can patch together something racial to cause public outrage to force the police to arrest him again. Someone call NBC quick!
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #168
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    re: Police detain George Zimmerman after 911 call from wife [W:265]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Well once again. No one will ever know for certain unless some else can provide more objective evidence. It is not uncommon for women to back down though. Even if she was wrong about the gun, the menacing behavior is telling.
    That I'm sure is true, but not with my wife... it's one of the reasons I love her so much (and am scared to death of her as well).

  9. #169
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Police detain George Zimmerman after 911 call from wife [W:265]

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    That I'm sure is true, but not with my wife... it's one of the reasons I love her so much (and am scared to death of her as well).
    My man is in the same predicament. I was about 5'3" and just broke 100lbs in high school and stood up to football players who were bullying kids. I'm definitely trouble.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    re: Police detain George Zimmerman after 911 call from wife [W:265]

    Zimmerman again? One of these days that guy is going to kill somebody.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •