Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 178

Thread: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Just making sure you know this is going down without Montecresto's blessing!
    Well.....Looks like it is going to go down with a whole lot of the American people that will get no say in the matter.

    Actually doesn't even look like Our Congressman and women will get to have their say.
    Last edited by MMC; 09-08-13 at 12:00 PM.

  2. #32
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by gulfa View Post
    Yes, I agree, this won't end as easily as quickly as planned.




    The Arab League is incapable of dealing with ANY situation. On the other hand, US does have interests in the middle east, Syria borders Lebanon (which is torn by the Syrian Civil War and has a potential of being a strong country to support US in the region, only if Syrian Regime is killed and Hizbullah which supported by Syria is weakened), Israel (One of US strongest allies) and Jordan, an ally of US which has a benefit of the failure of the Syrian Regime.



    This can't be further from the truth...

    1- Syria has never been "75 %" Christian in the history and Christians are currently on 10 % of Syria's Population. From the CIA factbook, Syria's Demographics
    2- "we claim Assad used gas" ??? the proof is all over the news... just open ur eyes
    3- I agree, there are some Extremist groups fighting against the Syrian Regime, but there are also free minded and innocent people who are fighing for their democracy and deserve support from the international community.

    It is not a matter of gains... It is a matter of humanity, freedom and democracy.
    1-You're almost right about the percentage of the Christian population. My information came from a Greek Orthodox Christian Syrian who overstated Christianity. Here's the actual numbers:

    The exodus of Christians from Syria has been increasing over the past four decades since president Hafez Al-Assad, father of Bashar Al-Assad, took power in 1971. When the country became independent in 1945, Christians represented some 20 per cent of the population, but by 1980 this figure had dropped to 16.5 per cent, or around 2.5 million people, and it dipped to 11 per cent in 1990. Today, it is estimated at six per cent of the population, or 1.5 million people.
    http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/News/2514...rom-Syria.aspx

    2- As another poster mentioned, there is debate about who used gas. The truth is that the rebels have claimed to use it as well so we have a choice. Which user will we support? My eyes are open and what I see are two sides, neither worthy of our support.

    3- Glad we agree on something. Only one side however has Islamist AlQaeda fighters in it's corner who have leaders who cut the hearts out of dead enemies and eat them raw. I guess you side with them.

    How many gains can we have as a nation if we enter into a military conflict with no other stated mission than to annoy one of the combatants. Put another way, as someone here intelligently asked, "how many Syrians should we kill to make Syrians stop killing Syrians. Hows that for humanity?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    In your own quote, there is NO INCONTESTABLE proof. And why all the "secrecy"?
    Per the OP.....Obama will hit the News Stations Monday.....before his Speech on Tuesday.

    Pentagon planners are now considering using Air Force bombers, as well as five US missile destroyers currently patrolling the eastern Mediterranean Sea, to launch cruise missiles and air-to-surface missiles from far out of range of Syrian air defenses, according to the newspaper report.

    The USS Nimitz aircraft carrier strike group with one cruiser and three destroyers positioned in the Read Sea can also fire cruise missiles at Syria.

    "There will be several volleys and an assessment after each volley, but all within 72 hours and a clear indication when we are done," an officer familiar with the planning told the Times

    Obama is scheduled to tape interviews Monday with anchors of the three major broadcast networks, as well as with PBS, CNN and Fox News.

    The interviews, to air that night, will precede Obama's address to the nation Tuesday ahead of an expected full Senate vote.....snip~

    Looks like the media will now call it a Show of Force.....since they don't think it will change anything on the ground. Still Assad has moved things in and around civilian Neighborhoods already. I am sure we will be getting those images as soon as the first volley is done.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Per the OP.....Obama will hit the News Stations Monday.....before his Speech on Tuesday.

    Pentagon planners are now considering using Air Force bombers, as well as five US missile destroyers currently patrolling the eastern Mediterranean Sea, to launch cruise missiles and air-to-surface missiles from far out of range of Syrian air defenses, according to the newspaper report.

    The USS Nimitz aircraft carrier strike group with one cruiser and three destroyers positioned in the Read Sea can also fire cruise missiles at Syria.

    "There will be several volleys and an assessment after each volley, but all within 72 hours and a clear indication when we are done," an officer familiar with the planning told the Times

    Obama is scheduled to tape interviews Monday with anchors of the three major broadcast networks, as well as with PBS, CNN and Fox News.

    The interviews, to air that night, will precede Obama's address to the nation Tuesday ahead of an expected full Senate vote.....snip~

    Looks like the media will now call it a Show of Force.....since they don't think it will change anything on the ground. Still Assad has moved things in and around civilian Neighborhoods already. I am sure we will be getting those images as soon as the first volley is done.

    Howdy MMC! Don't know if you've looked at it or not but in the "Syrian rebels take Christian village" thread you will see that President Assad's forces tried to fight off the all qaida terrorists that were attacking the Christian village but couldn't hold their ground and pulled back. There are now 1,500 of them in the village. I feel deeply concerned for the inhabitants of that city. Feature this, Assad's forces fighting the terrorists to protect a Christian village and the US is BELLIGERENTLY going forward with an attack on him!!!! This is so ****ed up. We really do have lunatics and sociopaths at the helm.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Howdy MMC! Don't know if you've looked at it or not but in the "Syrian rebels take Christian village" thread you will see that President Assad's forces tried to fight off the all qaida terrorists that were attacking the Christian village but couldn't hold their ground and pulled back. There are now 1,500 of them in the village. I feel deeply concerned for the inhabitants of that city. Feature this, Assad's forces fighting the terrorists to protect a Christian village and the US is BELLIGERENTLY going forward with an attack on him!!!! This is so ****ed up. We really do have lunatics and sociopaths at the helm.
    Yeah, I put it up in the Tribute thread for the Rebels.

    They were threatening to behead people and they torched one church and robbed two others.

    Did that Nun ever get out of there that was on the Phone?

  6. #36
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by gulfa View Post
    German Intelligence Contributes to Fact Finding on Syria Gas Attack - SPIEGEL ONLINE


    There is plenty more evidence... phone calls...etc, i heard it on the news, yet i have no time to find the article now.

    Either way, I don't' need evidence, common sense is enough in this situation, the Rebels are amateurs and possess no Chemical weapons, but the Syrian Regime has received lots of chemical weapons although the last 6 decades.
    YoU DO understand the 'rebels' were found to have used chemical weapons in March of this year and were found with containers of Sarin back in June of this year, correct?

  7. #37
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-13-13 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post

    2- As another poster mentioned, there is debate about who used gas. The truth is that the rebels have claimed to use it as well so we have a choice. Which user will we support? My eyes are open and what I see are two sides, neither worthy of our support.
    well, I understand your point of view, still I believe what is happening in Syria should end somehow, if you do not support a military action by the US, what do you suggest? any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post

    3- Glad we agree on something. Only one side however has Islamist AlQaeda fighters in it's corner who have leaders who cut the hearts out of dead enemies and eat them raw. I guess you side with them.
    I am on the side of the Syrian Civilians who are the victims of mass murders, certainly not on the side of AlQaeda who is killing innocent people in the name of GOD.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    How many gains can we have as a nation if we enter into a military conflict with no other stated mission than to annoy one of the combatants. Put another way, as someone here intelligently asked, "how many Syrians should we kill to make Syrians stop killing Syrians. Hows that for humanity?
    Ok let us just sit and watch it all happen?
    Read my Economy related blog entries on Live Economy and Economy Raft.

  8. #38
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-13-13 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    YoU DO understand the 'rebels' were found to have used chemical weapons in March of this year and were found with containers of Sarin back in June of this year, correct?
    I haven't been following the news back then, do you have any trusted sources confirming this? or is it just Syrian government claims?
    Read my Economy related blog entries on Live Economy and Economy Raft.

  9. #39
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by gulfa View Post
    well, I understand your point of view, still I believe what is happening in Syria should end somehow, if you do not support a military action by the US, what do you suggest? any ideas?


    I am on the side of the Syrian Civilians who are the victims of mass murders, certainly not on the side of AlQaeda who is killing innocent people in the name of GOD.



    Ok let us just sit and watch it all happen?
    My suggestion is kill them all and let God sort it out. We are not Hessians. This is a civil war and it will end when there is a winner and that winner has to come from within Syria. They can't have a winner imposed on them, especially by someone from the West.

    I think that answered all your questions. We should sit. It isn't in our national interest to get involved. We fought in Iraq at the cost of billions of dollars and thousands of American lives and now they have turned into Iran's puppet. The problem here is radical Islam and the Islamists will go from country to country destabilizing every nation in the Middle East until all the secular governments are gone and theocracies rule. It won't stop until people in the Middle East demand it stop and stand up to it. An example of that is the defeat of the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt. It's important to understand that the defeat of the Muslim Brotherhood came from within Egypt. Middle Easterners have to decide for themselves what kind of government they want. We can only go there and make enemies. We have no true friends in the Middle East other than Israel and no Islamist will accept friendship from another nation outside of Islam.

  10. #40
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-13-13 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    We fought in Iraq at the cost of billions of dollars and thousands of American lives and now they have turned into Iran's puppet.
    Exactly what happened... well to be honest... the whole middle east is sickening me, so i finally have to say that I agree with most of what you said.
    Read my Economy related blog entries on Live Economy and Economy Raft.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •