Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 178

Thread: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

  1. #161
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,945
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria




    I do not support this kind of action in any way, shape, or form.

    Does anyone think that once we start, we'll not become involved in a much bigger way?

    I see a domino effect happening here, and I don't like it one bit.






    [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    I'm with you. This is strange considering my background. 20 years active duty, another 26 working for the army as a DA Civilian. but I see nothing but bad news comeing from an attack on Syria. I don't know about the domino effect, but you are right on.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,561

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I'm with you. This is strange considering my background. 20 years active duty, another 26 working for the army as a DA Civilian. but I see nothing but bad news comeing from an attack on Syria. I don't know about the domino effect, but you are right on.
    Domino only in that once we flip the one and start it falling, more will fall....

    "3 Days" turns into weeks, turns into months, maybe turns into "boots on the ground", then possibly turns into another Iraq/Afghanistan.....

  3. #163
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,945
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Domino only in that once we flip the one and start it falling, more will fall....

    "3 Days" turns into weeks, turns into months, maybe turns into "boots on the ground", then possibly turns into another Iraq/Afghanistan.....
    Okay, I understand now. The domino theory was applied to French Indochina before. Thanks
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #164
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by majith87 View Post
    Emm here comes the opinion of one American. Come On !!! this is cruel. Really you citizen feels happy when you disturb other country for your interest. This is the main reason, You have waged lots of war after WWII than any other country in world. I dont know, if its american people interest. That crazy to hear that !!!
    I think you have a serious misunderstanding of international relations. You maybe take one or a handful of examples where you think the result wasn't what you wanted, and apply it across the board to all other situations. You also falsely assume that the US is the only country that pursues its national interests. You apparently haven't made the connection that the vast majority of modernized successful countries live under the umbrella of American military and economic protection...protections that exist precisely because countries that didn't or don't play nice get "disturbed".

  5. #165
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Well, but I was being facetious and less focused on the generality of the issue than its specifics. Certainly, there are circumstances when we need to "disturb" other countries.
    I figured that. I just don't want to concede to a non-American that we shouldn't pursue our national interest just because they think we shouldn't.

  6. #166
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    I think you have a serious misunderstanding of international relations. You maybe take one or a handful of examples where you think the result wasn't what you wanted, and apply it across the board to all other situations. You also falsely assume that the US is the only country that pursues its national interests. You apparently haven't made the connection that the vast majority of modernized successful countries live under the umbrella of American military and economic protection...protections that exist precisely because countries that didn't or don't play nice get "disturbed".

    Ya may be I misunderstand. But I know every countries place their own interest but there are very few countries including US are very intensive/aggressive in their interest. And they don't care damn about that country, after their interest has been accomplished. And ya countries which is under america protection control, aren't smart enough to prevent US disturbing.

  7. #167
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by majith87 View Post
    Ya may be I misunderstand. But I know every countries place their own interest but there are very few countries including US are very intensive/aggressive in their interest.
    We have a LOT of interests that need tending to occasionally. The reason there are very few countries that aggressively tend to their interests is because they are not capable of doing so. Is Japan capable of ensuring the straights of hormuz remain open to oil traffic, for example? No, but we are and that benefits the world economies which in turn benefits us.
    Quote Originally Posted by majith87 View Post
    And they don't care damn about that country, after their interest has been accomplished.
    Generally speaking, that is not true. I can list many more examples of that not being true than it being true. Perhaps you are referring to the specific examples of Iraq and a handful of other botched foreign policy stances of the current administration. Referencing the prior administrations actions, however, wouldn't it have been a lot easier to lay waste and then leave? Yes, but we stayed, invested, died to help that country rebuild and reconcile...then we left abruptly after a new president took over with not even a base or SOFA agreement in place. Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by majith87 View Post
    And ya countries which is under america protection control, aren't smart enough to prevent US disturbing.
    I'm having a hard time figuring out what your point is here. Perhaps you could rephrase with the understanding that your English is poor and that's ok. I think what you mean is that countries that enjoy our protections should prevent us from "disturbing" other countries? If that is what you mean, then again false. I'm sure South Korea is quite happy that we back them up with North Korea. I'm sure Japan is happy we are present keeping China in check. etc.etc.

  8. #168
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    We have a LOT of interests that need tending to occasionally. The reason there are very few countries that aggressively tend to their interests is because they are not capable of doing so. Is Japan capable of ensuring the straights of hormuz remain open to oil traffic, for example? No, but we are and that benefits the world economies which in turn benefits us.

    Generally speaking, that is not true. I can list many more examples of that not being true than it being true. Perhaps you are referring to the specific examples of Iraq and a handful of other botched foreign policy stances of the current administration. Referencing the prior administrations actions, however, wouldn't it have been a lot easier to lay waste and then leave? Yes, but we stayed, invested, died to help that country rebuild and reconcile...then we left abruptly after a new president took over with not even a base or SOFA agreement in place. Fail.


    I'm having a hard time figuring out what your point is here. Perhaps you could rephrase with the understanding that your English is poor and that's ok. I think what you mean is that countries that enjoy our protections should prevent us from "disturbing" other countries? If that is what you mean, then again false. I'm sure South Korea is quite happy that we back them up with North Korea. I'm sure Japan is happy we are present keeping China in check. etc.etc.
    Ok let me explain you in a right way as you may have high level of English skill . Ya as you said US have lots of international interest. BTW, rumors of closing straight of Hormuz is just a provocation to bully west & their sanction. It never gonna happen because it will affect major Iranian economy and her close partners.

    Let me get to point of US bad intervention like in Yugoslav(Kosovo War), Iran and Iraq conflict which just killed over half a million people. then Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Russia-Georgia war now Syria. In all this places there was always a diplomatic solution to solve the issue than just fighting around like animals. And the worse thing happening now, in all this place were US/NATO intervene, had very bad corrupted government than before. This would have been prevented if diplomatic solution was made by their own people than any lied foreign military intervention. And please don't mention that NATO/US is acting like savior of world . All this intervene is done to protect west economy and they hate if someones economy blooming then them like BRICS & SCO nations. All this intervene are the reason only to protect their interest, not for the people they are fighting for.

    Ya there is always a saying that 'if 2 enemy have similar ideal, they can be friends'. Thats what is happening in South Korea for North Korea and Japan for China. Ya i agree North Korea is f**ked up nation. But dispute between china-japan makes sense(read about Nanking Massacre, if u haven't), this was the beginning of bad relationship and US took this as a advantage, and now relationship is getting worser everyday than getting into solution..

    Thats why I am mentioning most of US/NATO military intervention is always hurt innocent people than getting to diplomatic solution.

  9. #169
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by majith87 View Post
    Ok let me explain you in a right way as you may have high level of English skill . Ya as you said US have lots of international interest. BTW, rumors of closing straight of Hormuz is just a provocation to bully west & their sanction. It never gonna happen because it will affect major Iranian economy and her close partners.
    If by rumors, you mean threats, then ok. I know its never going to happen, because we would stop them. No worries about English skill. I probably can't speak your language so I can't judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by majith87 View Post
    Let me get to point of US bad intervention like in Yugoslav(Kosovo War), Iran and Iraq conflict which just killed over half a million people. then Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Russia-Georgia war now Syria. In all this places there was always a diplomatic solution to solve the issue than just fighting around like animals. And the worse thing happening now, in all this place were US/NATO intervene, had very bad corrupted government than before. This would have been prevented if diplomatic solution was made by their own people than any lied foreign military intervention. And please don't mention that NATO/US is acting like savior of world . All this intervene is done to protect west economy and they hate if someones economy blooming then them like BRICS & SCO nations. All this intervene are the reason only to protect their interest, not for the people they are fighting for.
    Again, you're cherry picking in order to make your point, which is blame America for everything I'm guessing. Not that the ME is a mess despite America, no, that doesn't fit into your anti-American narrative. Too bad you don't realize the benefits of American protection even as you use a computer or mobile device: Technology developed in America, comes from a company that is probably either American or another country that still exists as a direct result of American protection (like Japan or South Korea), and shipped to your location for your enjoyment via sea lanes that are guarded by America.
    Quote Originally Posted by majith87 View Post
    Ya there is always a saying that 'if 2 enemy have similar ideal, they can be friends'. Thats what is happening in South Korea for North Korea and Japan for China. Ya i agree North Korea is f**ked up nation. But dispute between china-japan makes sense(read about Nanking Massacre, if u haven't), this was the beginning of bad relationship and US took this as a advantage, and now relationship is getting worser everyday than getting into solution..

    Thats why I am mentioning most of US/NATO military intervention is always hurt innocent people than getting to diplomatic solution.
    You're suggesting that Japan and America are enemies? only united by a common threat of China? You're suggesting that we're taking advantage of the Japan/China relationship? Explain.

  10. #170
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    If by rumors, you mean threats, then ok. I know its never going to happen, because we would stop them. No worries about English skill. I probably can't speak your language so I can't judge.

    Again, you're cherry picking in order to make your point, which is blame America for everything I'm guessing. Not that the ME is a mess despite America, no, that doesn't fit into your anti-American narrative. Too bad you don't realize the benefits of American protection even as you use a computer or mobile device: Technology developed in America, comes from a company that is probably either American or another country that still exists as a direct result of American protection (like Japan or South Korea), and shipped to your location for your enjoyment via sea lanes that are guarded by America.


    You're suggesting that Japan and America are enemies? only united by a common threat of China? You're suggesting that we're taking advantage of the Japan/China relationship? Explain.
    Please Please you mistaken I am not anti american. I mostly mean NATO, but any ways. I know US have developed a lot in modern technology. I am very proud of american, which always proves that floods of immigrants with various idea & culture given top-notch qualities in products than been conservative. I love american man. Please dont mistake me, I meat your government always choose weapon than diplomatic solution. And i want you guy to stop supporting it, because it makes things worse.

    But again your guarding your product for your profit, please don't mention like your doing favor for us. And 'guarded by America' those things days are over other than, Atlantic and Asia-Pacific

    Ya come-on have you forgotten the history of world war II. The main reason, which is Nanking Massacre made very bad relationship between japan-china. And Japan have no other choice to ally with American/NATO which is against China to protect her interests. Other than that there is no reason to be this close friendship with US/NATO. Indeed Japan is not member of NATO and never will be. And China-Japan have very rich history of culture and friendship from ancient times which can be very easily to rebound in many ways, if japan didn't have this close relationship with NATO.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •