Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 178

Thread: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

  1. #131
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 01:37 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    You do know that Assad's brother is a ruthless man and he controls the Syrian armed forces.
    "Ruthless", have you ever investigated what America did to the nation of Viet Nam? They are dying still today as a result of our chemical war fare on them. How much Agent Orange did this country dump on southeast Asia?
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    F**f America and it's insane policy of bombing every nation it does not agree with. Why don't the Chines do this or the Russians? How many wars has Russia fought on foreign soil?
    At least GWB had some military service on his resume where is Obama's service record? Is it next to his birth certificate?
    Save the partisan rants. While I don't agree with Obama on the strikes, GWB was completely sophmoric. We will be welcome as liberators in Iraq? Remember that whole line of BS? GWB should have taken a page from his daddy's book and realized toppling Iraq and Afghanistan was just going to cause more issues and more involvement than we needed to do.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    "Ruthless", have you ever investigated what America did to the nation of Viet Nam? They are dying still today as a result of our chemical war fare on them. How much Agent Orange did this country dump on southeast Asia?
    Yes. I know what we did in Viet Nam.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    Assad is a wimp.. and appears to be on valium.

    Watch his interview with Barbara Walters a couple of years ago. He was so vague and unaware of what was going on around him... detached ...

    The power I in the hands of his brother and hardline uncles.
    You can make unsupported claims all you want. However, both sides are bad people. Assad is letting this happen using your logic, so he is just as bad as his brother who you claim is "behind" all this.

  5. #135
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Save the partisan rants. While I don't agree with Obama on the strikes, GWB was completely sophmoric.
    How do you see the WH handling of the Syria military actions over the past two weeks?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You can make unsupported claims all you want. However, both sides are bad people. Assad is letting this happen using your logic, so he is just as bad as his brother who you claim is "behind" all this.
    Watch the interview yourself.

    46 Minutes Interview: Barbara Walters ABC News interviewing Bashar Al-Assad - YouTube

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    I have watched it before and using your logic, if you claim his brother is in charge, than Assad is STILL to blame for letting it happen. Either way, it doesn't change that both sides are the bad guys. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    How do you see the WH handling of the Syria military actions over the past two weeks?
    Horrible, doesn't change the fact that GWB was also horrible in that department. Both Obama and GWB are and were lousy foreign policy implimenters. To quote from Wargames "The only winning move is not to play". We should not have been or be involved in the M.E. in the capacity we have been in the past 12 years.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I have watched it before and using your logic, if you claim his brother is in charge, than Assad is STILL to blame for letting it happen. Either way, it doesn't change that both sides are the bad guys. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.
    I am having difficulty finding the name of the brother...

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    I am having difficulty finding the name of the brother...
    I undertand the interview "looked" like he may be high and in fact he may have been I don't know for sure. The main points I am making is that Obama's strike is only going to help a group with Al-Qaeda ties and Assad (or his brother if you think) are not good people.

    I know bad things are happening in Syria, but unfortunately both sides in this are completely dirty and we should not be involved in this since the U.S. actions will only help the bad guys either way.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •