Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 178

Thread: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    I think the point here is that we can't oust Assad, replace him or make peace between any of the factions.. rebels, terrorists or otherwise... but we can put our foot down on Sarin gas or chemical weapons.
    As long as we don't look like hypocrites and allow terrorists to even think they can get away with using them. Most countries should know better. So terrorists getting to stockpiles of them and using them Should be of the Upmost Priority. The UN and all should be swooping down on any terrorists.

    Especially if any of their groups names are on Terrorists Watch Lists.

    Right now there are many fighting inside Syria. Good Opportunity to kill them enmasse and not even allow them to leave.....except for one way. Solve a lot of future problems coming down the line with these groups too.

  2. #112
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    Interesting article.. but no mention of Sarin gas.
    You asked for delivery systems capable of delivering sarin gas. Those are two systems that can be used. Gas attacks require larger munitions with the high explosive component replaced with a chamber for the high pressure gas or a two-chamber system that carries the two ingredients that would mix on impact. Either way the warhead is the lesser of the two hurdles. The biggest hurdle is the system capable of delivering heavy rounds down range.

    Sarin is usually only deadly when encountered in high concentration, so the efficacy of the weapon depends on the amount of Sarin the weapon can dump in an area, hence the need for heavy munitions.

    The "Unleash Hell" can carry a 160kg munition. More than big enough to cause create zones of lethal exposure.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    As long as we don't look like hypocrites and allow terrorists to even think they can get away with using them. Most countries should know better. So terrorists getting to stockpiles of them and using them Should be of the Upmost Priority. The UN and all should be swooping down on any terrorists.

    Especially if any of their groups names are on Terrorists Watch Lists.

    Right now there are many fighting inside Syria. Good Opportunity to kill them enmasse and not even allow them to leave.....except for one way. Solve a lot of future problems coming down the line with these groups too.
    Where are they getting Sarin gas from? The US had the largest stockpile in the world (in Alabama) until it was destroyed some years ago.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Ahh but this isn't a thread about "manliness", this is a thread about issues. Or are you saying that it's ok to be wrong on the issues as long as someone is appropriately "manly"? Here's a hint this is 2013 and not the stone age, where the intellect puts us above the animals. I'm not even going to mock you for your homoerotic fascination with a 77 year old man.
    You are the one talking about giving him a blow job, not me.

  5. #115
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,551

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    The targets will not be urban areas... They will be airstrips and such to degrade the delivery systems for chemical weapons. Sarin gas isn't cigarette smoke.
    You missed the point. What "international community" is going to do this "humantarian" bombing?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    You asked for delivery systems capable of delivering sarin gas. Those are two systems that can be used. Gas attacks require larger munitions with the high explosive component replaced with a chamber for the high pressure gas or a two-chamber system that carries the two ingredients that would mix on impact. Either way the warhead is the lesser of the two hurdles. The biggest hurdle is the system capable of delivering heavy rounds down range.

    Sarin is usually only deadly when encountered in high concentration, so the efficacy of the weapon depends on the amount of Sarin the weapon can dump in an area, hence the need for heavy munitions.

    The "Unleash Hell" can carry a 160kg munition. More than big enough to cause create zones of lethal exposure.
    So where are the rebels, or terrorists getting large quantities of Sarin gas?

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I didn't support it

    Try again
    Great, YOU didn't, most of the right did. And if you voted for Bush a second time, you did to.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You missed the point. What "international community" is going to do this "humantarian" bombing?
    The US has been vocal in opposing chemical weapons since WW1.. Was that just small talk?

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Great, YOU didn't, most of the right did. And if you voted for Bush a second time, you did to.
    I didn't support the war in Iraq either.... and I voted for Bush the first time.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    I didn't support the war in Iraq either.... and I voted for Bush the first time.
    I was referring to the re-election.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •