Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

  1. #1
    Educator
    Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    09-07-15 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,131

    Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Been wondering where the anti-war crowd is this time around?

    "Another reason some Hollywood progressives have been reticent to speak out against war in Syria, according to Asner, is fear of being called racist.
    A lot of people don’t want to feel anti-black by being opposed to Obama,” he said."

    Asner: Celebs Quiet on Syria 'Don't Want to Feel Anti-Black' | Mediaite
    The painful fact is that Barack Obama is the president that Nixon always wanted to be. - Jon Turley
    If you have to exaggerate my point to make me wrong you've already given up.
    DON'T KILL BEES.

  2. #2
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    The hell? According to recent polls, about 90% of America is part of the "anti-war" crowd in regards to Syria. Have you been living in a cave where you haven't seen the massive opposition to our involvement?

    And calling Obama a piece of **** president is not racist, it's simply a matter of fact. If he were white, brown, purple or green, he'd still be just awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #3
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Liberals will never change. Asner shows once again that liberals always look at things not as right or wrong, smart or dumb but through race, sex or gender. The thought police own everyone of them.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The hell? According to recent polls, about 90% of America is part of the "anti-war" crowd in regards to Syria. Have you been living in a cave where you haven't seen the massive opposition to our involvement?

    And calling Obama a piece of **** president is not racist, it's simply a matter of fact. If he were white, brown, purple or green, he'd still be just awful.
    because the left which is mostly Hollywood use the false narrative if you disagree with Obama it is because he is black. now they have become victims of there own false narrative.
    so now either they agree with Obama so not to be racist and become a warmonger or the disagree with him to not be a warmonger but become racist

  5. #5
    Educator
    Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    09-07-15 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,131

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The hell? According to recent polls, about 90% of America is part of the "anti-war" crowd in regards to Syria. Have you been living in a cave where you haven't seen the massive opposition to our involvement?
    That's the polling of the American people, which can't be denied.
    But where are the Cindy Sheehans. Where are Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Michael Moore, et al?
    They're either mummed by party loyalty or they are just as vocal and the balanced media isn't reporting it.
    The painful fact is that Barack Obama is the president that Nixon always wanted to be. - Jon Turley
    If you have to exaggerate my point to make me wrong you've already given up.
    DON'T KILL BEES.

  6. #6
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    because the left which is mostly Hollywood use the false narrative if you disagree with Obama it is because he is black. now they have become victims of there own false narrative.
    so now either they agree with Obama so not to be racist and become a warmonger or the disagree with him to not be a warmonger but become racist
    It seems like you are the only one pushing the notion that opposing Obama is racism. But by all means, provide some direct quotes from people who have said "If you don't love Obama, you're racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    That's the polling of the American people, which can't be denied.
    But where are the Cindy Sheehans. Where are Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Michael Moore, et al?
    They're either mummed by party loyalty or they are just as vocal and the balanced media isn't reporting it.
    Or they just don't see it as that big of an issue. Do you want to see them whine about every single political action? Is that really what you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #7
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,667

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    That's the polling of the American people, which can't be denied.
    But where are the Cindy Sheehans. Where are Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Michael Moore, et al?
    They're either mummed by party loyalty or they are just as vocal and the balanced media isn't reporting it.
    I realize Cons are feverish to find something to equal the unprovoked war with Iraq under BushII but so far this has not risen to the equal of Clinton's missile strikes which the Cons called wussy not warmongering.

    I do feel there is a difference on calling out someone for using Kenyan when referring to the President or the dozens of racists signs that somehow are never 'noticed' by those at the rallies until the media points them out...

    And saying we don't like the policy.

    Cons also have a bad memory when it suits- wasn't there a great deal of muck being flung over Matt Damon being critical of the President? That was huffed and puffed in here for a minute- don't tell me you eagle eyed cons missed that thread?

    I don't recall Sheehan or the others protesting Iraq up to and included a no fly zone. It was INVADING that was the line crossed for them. Cons just don't get it.

    But most really don't want to...

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,989

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Been wondering where the anti-war crowd is this time around?

    "Another reason some Hollywood progressives have been reticent to speak out against war in Syria, according to Asner, is fear of being called racist.
    A lot of people don’t want to feel anti-black by being opposed to Obama,” he said."

    Asner: Celebs Quiet on Syria 'Don't Want to Feel Anti-Black' | Mediaite
    glad to see Ed Asner out in front on this. He has always been a man of principle regardless of politics and this only underlines that fact.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #10
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,290

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The hell? According to recent polls, about 90% of America is part of the "anti-war" crowd in regards to Syria. Have you been living in a cave where you haven't seen the massive opposition to our involvement?

    And calling Obama a piece of **** president is not racist, it's simply a matter of fact. If he were white, brown, purple or green, he'd still be just awful.
    And yet, he is a 1000% improvement over the last guy.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •