Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    It is true that it hasn't started, but they were out there protesting in droves long before the war in Iraq started. The whole point was to stop it from happening.
    Why are all the right-wingers talking about the Iraq invasion and probable Syrian missile strikes as if they are equivalent?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Well, the war hasn't started yet, so maybe it won't start at all. How about you wait and see what happens before you condemn someone for something they haven't even done yet?
    I didn't condemn anyone. I called for consistency. The phrase "illegal war of aggression" isn't my term, it is a term coined by the left. All of the sudden they don't use it. Waiting for the war to actually start is the wrong time to oppose it. If you are going to make a case against an action, the best time to make that case is before you engage in that action. Obamas plan to attack Syria is him proposing an illegal war of aggression. Those who oppose war on such grounds should speak up now. Not later.

    The vast majority of Americans don't want this war, and if our congress decides to do it anyway, I promise you will see a massive backlash from the citizenry.
    I hope you are right.

  3. #23
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Have we not seen quite an uproar from the citizenry lately opposing an attack on Syria? I sure have.
    We haven't seen ANYTHING like during the lead-up to Iraq. Not even close. Not by a country mile. And topical to the thread, we haven't seen the Sheryl Crows, the Sean Penns, the Alec Baldwins, the Martin Sheens, etc., etc.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #24
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    We haven't seen ANYTHING like during the lead-up to Iraq. Not even close. Not by a country mile. And topical to the thread, we haven't seen the Sheryl Crows, the Sean Penns, the Alec Baldwins, the Martin Sheens, etc., etc.
    Or C-17's loading up with our children about to be put into a ****hole to get blown apart by IEDs.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #25
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    We haven't seen ANYTHING like during the lead-up to Iraq. Not even close. Not by a country mile.
    Perhaps not, since Obama is not going to the UN gathering support. That takes much more time.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #26
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    We haven't seen ANYTHING like during the lead-up to Iraq. Not even close. Not by a country mile. And topical to the thread, we haven't seen the Sheryl Crows, the Sean Penns, the Alec Baldwins, the Martin Sheens, etc., etc.
    Who gives a flying **** what Alec Baldwin or any of those other ****-heads have to say? Why is anybody making a fuss about them shutting their mouths for ONCE in their lives. Frankly I enjoy the silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #27
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Who gives a flying **** what Alec Baldwin or any of those other ****-heads have to say? Why is anybody making a fuss about them shutting their mouths for ONCE in their lives. Frankly I enjoy the silence.
    He thinks they'd hypocrites for having two different reactions to two different situations.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #28
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Syria isn't Iraq and likely never will be. Some need to recognize this fact.

  9. #29
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why are all the right-wingers talking about the Iraq invasion and probable Syrian missile strikes as if they are equivalent?
    I'm sorry; I didn't realize that missile strikes against the military assets (or anything else) of another nation weren't war. I guess when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, that wasn't war -- no invasion.

    So, according to Deuce, as long as you don't put boots on the ground, you can blow up whatever you want, and it won't be "war." Hell, why are we endangering the Navy? We've got ICBMs which will take care of things without anyone having to go anywhere. As long as we don't invade, that should be hunky-dory for Deuce.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    re: Ed Asner: Hollywood Silent on Syria Because They ‘Don’t Want to Feel Anti-Black[W:43]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I'm sorry; I didn't realize that missile strikes against the military assets (or anything else) of another nation weren't war. I guess when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, that wasn't war -- no invasion.

    So, according to Deuce, as long as you don't put boots on the ground, you can blow up whatever you want, and it won't be "war." Hell, why are we endangering the Navy? We've got ICBMs which will take care of things without anyone having to go anywhere. As long as we don't invade, that should be hunky-dory for Deuce.
    I didn't say anything about it not being an act of war. Dump your straw man, respond like an adult, and we'll try again.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •