Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Smokers need not apply in one Florida county, which will soon require prospective job applicants to pass a nicotine test before starting work.
    Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs - ABC News


    this is what happens when you allow the government take over of health care. Now they feel they have the right to dictate your health.
    What is next junk food because more people die each year caused by complications of being over weight than do to tobacco

    hope you Liberals are happy you got what you wanted now we all will have to suffer the actions of a tyrannical government telling us what we can and can not do to our own body unless it comes to killing your unborn child

  2. #2
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,478

    Re: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Oh, the humanity.

  3. #3
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Fat people have a bigger lobby.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs - ABC News


    this is what happens when you allow the government take over of health care. Now they feel they have the right to dictate your health.
    What is next junk food because more people die each year caused by complications of being over weight than do to tobacco

    hope you Liberals are happy you got what you wanted now we all will have to suffer the actions of a tyrannical government telling us what we can and can not do to our own body unless it comes to killing your unborn child
    This is a Florida issue, not a government issue.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Oh, the humanity.
    His basic point is sound, as is yours, but let's not burn down the statehouse just yet.

  6. #6
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Fat people have a bigger lobby.
    Of course they do, if they had a smaller lobby how would they fit in it?

  7. #7
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,805

    Re: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs - ABC News


    this is what happens when you allow the government take over of health care. Now they feel they have the right to dictate your health.
    What is next junk food because more people die each year caused by complications of being over weight than do to tobacco

    hope you Liberals are happy you got what you wanted now we all will have to suffer the actions of a tyrannical government telling us what we can and can not do to our own body unless it comes to killing your unborn child
    So this just another moronic partisan troll thread? This crap from either side is so goddamned trite.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    This is a Florida issue, not a government issue.
    the Florida County governement soon to be in your town next

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    the Florida County governement soon to be in your town next
    You have a legitimate issue. Don't blow it by getting all drama queen. Where we draw the line is a perfectly fair question but we do draw lines currently, this is just a new one.

  10. #10
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,117
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Florida County Bans Smokers from New Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    You have a legitimate issue. Don't blow it by getting all drama queen. Where we draw the line is a perfectly fair question but we do draw lines currently, this is just a new one.
    Private business can already ban people from certain jobs. Potheads for example. Dirty people. Unpleasant or rude people. Even ugly people can be banned from modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •