Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #951
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,774

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Thankfully for society, not that "many"... enough to call into question the idea of marriage, so shame on all of you folks who believe that way and willing to risk something that is not yours ... its the rest of us who are not "fine" with it. Sorry, its not normal.

    Please explain to this 'clueless' leftie, precisely HOW does same sex marriage "risk" the ceremony and legal standing of marriage for opposite sex folks.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #952
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Please explain to this 'clueless' leftie, precisely HOW does same sex marriage "risk" the ceremony and legal standing of marriage for opposite sex folks.
    there will be no factual explanation given because its a made up lie and fallacy, its a fear tactic a straw-man that nobody buys
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #953
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,623

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Nope.

    The 20 man condom study you claimed existed, never did. Context has nothing to do with you making something up.

    You either told something factual or you did not. We have now proven it was not fact, you made a study up out of thin air to support a claim.

    Integrity and honesty, try it sometime. Everybody that has been reading all this can see exactly what you are doing. You just keep making it worse on yourself. But that's your problem, not mine.
    No, the lack of integrity is certainly yours. You do not seem to understand context and refuse to follow the debate sequence... because it proves that you have nothing. Everyone can see it. You got pwned on a study that I showed was refuted, so you got upset. Too bad. Don't post refuted studies.

    The problem here is that you cannot follow the debate. It's not about the study, but about your refuted position. I know that is hard to take, but one with integrity would just admit it and move on. Everyone can see that you are not doing that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #954
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,623

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Thankfully for society, not that "many"... enough to call into question the idea of marriage, so shame on all of you folks who believe that way and willing to risk something that is not yours ... its the rest of us who are not "fine" with it.
    Those of you who are not fine with it are irrelevant. You have no right to not be offended.

    Sorry, its not normal.
    In your opinion, one that has been proven false.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #955
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    See my first post (cited above). When the author of that article presumes to cite Abraham Lincoln on behalf of the homosexual cause, he is not only brazenly disrespecting Abraham Lincoln but the very cause for which Mr. Lincoln made that statement. That cause was slavery. Disrespecting the plight of the blacks in this nation for one's own selfish purposes, a purpose which has precisely ZERO in common with blacks and slavery, is blatant racism.

    There, does that explain it?
    rrrrrrrriiiiiight. lol

    look at you trying to fabricate a social wedge out of thin air for political gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #956
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, the lack of integrity is certainly yours. You do not seem to understand context and refuse to follow the debate sequence... because it proves that you have nothing. Everyone can see it. You got pwned on a study that I showed was refuted, so you got upset. Too bad. Don't post refuted studies.

    The problem here is that you cannot follow the debate. It's not about the study, but about your refuted position. I know that is hard to take, but one with integrity would just admit it and move on. Everyone can see that you are not doing that.

    LOL. Getting caught making "studies" up is rough isn't it?

    It's completely about the study. Without you making that phony claim about it, other people on this board might mistakenly think you won't dream things up just to make a post. Now, you have proven to all of them you will type anything out, truth be damned, just to make a silly post.

    BTW, I'm doing fine and dandy. Unlike you. Whatever self inflated reputation you thought you had, wave good by to it. It won't ever come back.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  7. #957
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,623

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    LOL. Getting caught making "studies" up is rough isn't it?
    Since that didn't happen, it doesn't apply.

    It's completely about the study. Without you making that phony claim about it, other people on this board might mistakenly think you won't dream things up just to make a post. Now, you have proven to all of them you will type anything out, truth be damned, just to make a silly post.
    No, it's about you being unable to follow the discussion and context. Trying to switch the topic just shows that you can't debate the topic.

    BTW, I'm doing fine and dandy. Unlike you. Whatever self inflated reputation you thought you had, wave good by to it. It won't ever come back.
    You'd have to have ability to harm my reputation. You don't as I have shown. Just because you can't understand context doesn't mean you can't learn it, though.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #958
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    rrrrrrrriiiiiight. lol

    look at you trying to fabricate a social wedge out of thin air for political gain.
    Rrrrrriiiiight. LOL

    Look at you trying to spin that which is as if it isn't.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  9. #959
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Rrrrrriiiiight. LOL

    Look at you trying to spin that which is as if it isn't.
    Keep pushing it. Maybe someone will believe it one day. Just keep on trying to preach the notion that the african american community should feel slighted. Such tactics don't float so well in this information age. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #960
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Keep pushing it. Maybe someone will believe it one day. Just keep on trying to preach the notion that the african american community should feel slighted. Such tactics don't float so well in this information age. Sorry.
    nobody is gonna believe it thats why his post failed horribly and got destroyed by many posters.

    He made a BS kneejerk claim without even realizing the author was black.

    this fallacy strawman fell over and blew away before this thread even reached post 4, as soon as he said racism that was it. Complete failure then most of us pointed it out and got a good laugh at it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •