Page 93 of 120 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #921
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Fallacious means an error in logic. Apparently you are fairly new to debate.

    List of fallacies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Two of the fallacies I have seen you use in this thread alone were...

    Appeal to tradition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If you want to be taken seriously as a debater then you need to learn the basics of logic and forming a rational and coherent argument.
    Yeah I am well aware of the so called "fallacies". When you hold yourself to the same standands then maybe you have a right to address me. Cheers

  2. #922
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Yeah I am well aware of the so called "fallacies". When you hold yourself to the same standands then maybe you have a right to address me. Cheers
    I can address you all I want. And feel free to point out when I make a fallacy. Unlike you, I welcome the chance to become a better debater from learning from my mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #923
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Braahahahahah.
    You have nothing.....simply nothing to legitamitly refute the slippery argument I presented.
    Every slippery slope argument you presented was summerily refuted either by me or someone else. Easily and without much effort I might add.

    You neither have a grasp on the history of homosexuality and why it was deemed destructive as early as the first century.
    You have no understanding or grasp of this issue whatsoever. Your entire argument lacks logic and since it is very difficult to discuss any issue with someone who doesn't seem to understand basic logical tenets in discussion, discussing this issue with you has been challenging. No substance can be presented, since you can't present information without it being logically wrong. For instance, as CT said, what you posted above is an appeal to tradition logical fallacy and is therefore not pertinent. You don't seem to understand these basic concepts even though they have been pointed out.

    But hey continue your march in the so called bastardization of civil rights for the cause in the name of emotion. After all everyone should have the right to marry whom they love. Right? So when Daddy believes he has the right to bang his adult daughter, in the name of the same bastardized civil rights, we can thank folks like your for making it all possible. Cheers!
    So, along with your standard slippery slope logical fallacy... something that your entire position is based upon, we can add an appeal to emotion to your repertoire. Good job.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #924
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Appeal to tradition fallacy.



    In other words, the people who lived in the first century were wrong to believe that homosexuality was destructive, and even if in some cases it may have been true in their time and situation, it is no longer true. That is why your argument falls apart.
    Oh contraire, The laws to abolish it were in direct result of its detriment on society. When you do your studies on the history, get back with me. Cheers!

  5. #925
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This is better than you usually post. Good job.
    Attachment 67153575

  6. #926
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Every slippery slope argument you presented was summerily refuted either by me or someone else. Easily and without much effort I might add.



    You have no understanding or grasp of this issue whatsoever. Your entire argument lacks logic and since it is very difficult to discuss any issue with someone who doesn't seem to understand basic logical tenets in discussion, discussing this issue with you has been challenging. No substance can be presented, since you can't present information without it being logically wrong. For instance, as CT said, what you posted above is an appeal to tradition logical fallacy and is therefore not pertinent. You don't seem to understand these basic concepts even though they have been pointed out.



    So, along with your standard slippery slope logical fallacy... something that your entire position is based upon, we can add an appeal to emotion to your repertoire. Good job.
    No you hold the banner for emotional arguments. Your record is easily accessed.
    And it is not an argument to continually attack another who disagrees with you every time claim it as a fallacy. Duh.
    Like I said I have a real pretty pair of socks with your name on it.

  7. #927
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
    Your's and other's attempt to distance your argument for same sex couples to marry from incest, polygamy, and beastiality by calling it a slippery slope and therefore semantically devaluing the correlation is hypocritical and unsuccessful.

    These other smaller (and therefore less popular/powerful) groups have been using your arguments for years.... . Their lack of numbers has kept them from being successful with these arguments. But if the current path of acceptance of deviant behaviors that this nation is headed in continues it is not hyperbolic or slippery to expect a similar path to Same Sibling Marriage as taken by Same Sex Marriage.
    Whatever you say dude. Hate away

  8. #928
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    No you hold the banner for emotional arguments. Your record is easily accessed.
    And it is not an argument to continually attack another who disagrees with you as a fallacy. Duh.
    Like I said I have a real pretty pair of socks with your name on it.
    And of course you have nothing of substance with which to counter anything I said. Just the emotion that you showed in your last line. That is known as self-pwnage.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #929
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
    Correct. And any man has the option to marry any other woman and any woman has the option to marry any other man. Fair and equal application.
    I see, so you'd rather a gay guy marry your daughter, interesting. How would it be for you i wonder, if opposite sex marriage is banned and you can only "fairly and equally" marry the same sex.
    Last edited by chromium; 09-14-13 at 01:36 AM.

  10. #930
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Moderator's Warning:
    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]OK, ok, we all... and notice I used the word WE, need to settle down and stick to debating, not baiting and making attacks. Let's all try to tone things down... all four of us especially.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 93 of 120 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •