Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #911
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,842

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I've heard some good, valid arguments against same sex marriage. The problem is with YOUR arguments. They are fallacious. They lack logic. There are logical arguments against same sex marriage. You just aren't using any.
    Fallacious? That seems to be a common word used by so many of YOU. No they do not lack knowledge, on the contrary my arguments posted in this thread have for the most part were to express the results of redefining marriage and how they open the door for the same arguments to be used by other groups who are currently shunned in society. Don't like them? Tough stuff cream puff.

  2. #912
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    BS alert!!! No matter what argument is presented to you in regard to same sex marriage you find it a fallacy. Let the record stand. For you to claim authority over such things proves you are nothing more than a political hack. Now I have a really nice pair of black and red striped socks I'm willing to forfeit to you to stick in the appropriate orifice. Cheers!
    He is like putting a quarter in a juke box that plays only liberal talking points

  3. #913
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Still having a difficult time following this debate? I know you are trying to morph it and keep tripping over yourself... and it is amusing to keep pointing out your failures, but we do need to stay focused. Tell me how the entire discussion on condom use started, what your position was and what my position was.
    Nope.

    Cite the 20 man rubber study that you used as "evidence" or whatever you want to call it. You made claims off that "study". Where is it? Who did it? When?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #914
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Nope.

    Cite the 20 man rubber study that you used as "evidence" or whatever you want to call it. You made claims off that "study". Where is it? Who did it? When?
    Sorry, the debate has already been framed and you are running from it because you committed many flaws, so I am helping you to do so. Tell me how the entire discussion on condom use started, what your position was and what my position was.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #915
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Fallacious? That seems to be a common word used by so many of YOU. No they do not lack knowledge, on the contrary my arguments posted in this thread have for the most part were to express the results of redefining marriage and how they open the door for the same arguments to be used by other groups who are currently shunned in society. Don't like them? Tough stuff cream puff.
    Fallacious means an error in logic. Apparently you are fairly new to debate.

    List of fallacies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Two of the fallacies I have seen you use in this thread alone were...

    Appeal to tradition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If you want to be taken seriously as a debater then you need to learn the basics of logic and forming a rational and coherent argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  6. #916
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    He is like putting a quarter in a juke box that plays only liberal talking points
    And look who just walked in the room. I'd suggest you help out those on your side of the issue (they sure need it), but we KNOW that all you will do is hurt your side with whatever you post.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #917
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And look who just walked in the room. I'd suggest you help out those on your side of the issue (they sure need it), but we KNOW that all you will do is hurt your side with whatever you post.
    blah blah blah (liberal talking points)

  8. #918
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,842

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    In other words, when confronted with the facts and logic that sink your argument, instead of trying to learn from your errors, you prefer to stick your fingers in your ears, demonstrating the weakness of your position.

    So, what have we learned here? That you argue solely with logical fallacies, slippery slopes, appeals to tradition, overgeneralizations, and that you don't even understand the definitions of these fallacies, probably why you keep committing them, no matter how often this is pointed out to you. What this leads us to understand is that your education on this particular issue is based solely on your ideology, since your logic and substantiation are nil.

    Now I do hope that you have learned from this little interlude so next time you might fare a little better.
    Braahahahahah.
    You have nothing.....simply nothing to legitamitly refute the slippery argument I presented.
    duh.
    You neither have a grasp on the history of homosexuality and why it was deemed destructive as early as the first century. But hey continue your march in the so called bastardization of civil rights for the cause in the name of emotion. After all everyone should have the right to marry whom they love. Right? So when Daddy believes he has the right to bang his adult daughter, in the name of the same bastardized civil rights, we can thank folks like your for making it all possible. Cheers!

  9. #919
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    blah blah blah (liberal talking points)
    This is better than you usually post. Good job.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #920
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You neither have a grasp on the history of homosexuality and why it was deemed destructive as early as the first century.!
    Appeal to tradition fallacy.

    Appeal to tradition is a common fallacy in which a thesis is deemed correct on the basis that it correlates with some past or present tradition. The appeal takes the form of "this is right because we've always done it this way."

    An appeal to tradition essentially makes two assumptions that are not necessarily true:

    1. The old way of thinking was proven correct when introduced, i.e. since the old way of thinking was prevalent, it was necessarily correct.
    (In actuality this may be false—the tradition might be entirely based on incorrect grounds.)
    2. The past justifications for the tradition are still valid at present.
    (In actuality, the circumstances may have changed; this assumption may also therefore be untrue.)
    In other words, the people who lived in the first century were wrong to believe that homosexuality was destructive, and even if in some cases it may have been true in their time and situation, it is no longer true. That is why your argument falls apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •