Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #891
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    According to you? whoopee. Like that carries any credibility. You are an advocate for same sex marriage and like most, base your argument on emotion not law. The only way you can legitamize it is bastardize the definition of civil rights. The majority of states in the union see through your argument and have banned same sex marriage in their states. So unless you continue the practice of using the judiciary branch as a means of lawfare to push this thing national, I have a sock in my drawer with your name on it. Cheers.
    ROFL. Once people staring using an appeal to the majority fallacy, you know the game is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #892
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Clearly, which is why I know you are biased and full of crap.
    I thought the answer would be no and it is.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  3. #893
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    You keep proving it with each post you make. I'm still here, still doing very well and nothing you have done has got in my way at all.

    Standard liberal speak. You've done it to many times to count in this thread. But stick with it, the brain dead types probably get off on it.

    No link uh? Damn. I was hoping to find out if that guy in the bar I told you about was included in that study. Whoever did that study probably could have found fault with his rubber use in numerous ways. Would that have skewed that limited 20 man study though?
    First person I ever met who created a straw sample for his strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #894
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    I thought...
    You sure? I'm not getting that from your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #895
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    According to you? whoopee. Like that carries any credibility.
    The logic and facts that I present are what carry the credibility... and sink yours.

    You are an advocate for same sex marriage and like most, base your argument on emotion not law.
    You advocate against SSM and like most, base your argument on a lack of logic and a lack of substantiation.

    The only way you can legitamize it is bastardize the definition of civil rights.
    I pretty much never argue from a civil rights position, so you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

    The majority of states in the union see through your argument and have banned same sex marriage in their states.
    And notice how this is changing. As the old, reactionary guard dies off, the newer more enlightened guard takes over.

    So unless you continue the practice of using the judiciary branch as a means of lawfare to push this thing national, I have a sock in my drawer with your name on it. Cheers.
    And unless you can actually come up with a legitimate and logical argument that has some substantiation, your socks aren't going anywhere except right back to you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #896
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    You keep proving it with each post you make. I'm still here, still doing very well and nothing you have done has got in my way at all.
    There has been nothing I've done that has gotten in your way of proving your lack of knowledge on this issue. This I agree with.

    Standard liberal speak. You've done it to many times to count in this thread. But stick with it, the brain dead types probably get off on it.
    Standard conservative speak. Nothing of substance, nothing of consequence, pretty much nothing at all.

    No link uh? Damn. I was hoping to find out if that guy in the bar I told you about was included in that study. Whoever did that study probably could have found fault with his rubber use in numerous ways. Would that have skewed that limited 20 man study though?
    It must've really burned you to have posted that study with a link and everything, only to find out that you posted something that has been shown to be invalid. You still haven't recovered and haven't followed up with one fact since. See, here's the difference. I definitively proved you wrong and proved that you posted something that was invalid. You have not done that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #897
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I provided the evidence that proved me correct and you wrong. And your response was to run. See, all you are doing is precisely what you are falsely claiming that I'm doing. Making a claim without any evidence or facts. I've backed my positions. You have not.



    And my link supports precisely what I said.
    What you said?

    You mean there was no 20 man rubber study after all? You just made it up? No, say it ain't so. On second thought, maybe you need to provide a link to that 20 man rubber study. That way, we can all peer review it. That way we'll know for sure that the study included 20 men, not 19 and a cross dresser or something. We need to verify the facts of this 20 man rubber study.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  8. #898
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,850

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    They created laws against it because of the spread of Christianity. Not too hard. And as I recall, the Roman empire collapsed after adopting Christianity and banning same sex marriage. What is the lesson?

    And let us be clear, a slippery slope argument can work either way. It can be used as an argument for why a change may cause negative consequences or why NOT making a change can lead to negative consequences. That is why using a fallacious argument is generally a bad practice.

    The fact is I have been having this debate for years and years and I have yet to hear a coherent, rational argument as to what the harm is to society of allowing same sex couples to marry. The best people can do is baseless conjecture.
    I suggest you learn from history. In ancient times homosexuality along with bestiality , incest, polygamy were practiced. There are reasons why these things were found to be detrimental to society and stopped. When you do that you may have a better understanding.

  9. #899
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    What you said?

    You mean there was no 20 man rubber study after all? You just made it up? No, say it ain't so. On second thought, maybe you need to provide a link to that 20 man rubber study. That way, we can all peer review it. That way we'll know for sure that the study included 20 men, not 19 and a cross dresser or something. We need to verify the facts of this 20 man rubber study.
    I know, I know. It's hard to pay attention and stay focused when you are being beaten so badly and you keep fumbling over the fact that logic and information is devoid from your side. But see, I always find it invigorating to help those who are inept at debate become better. However, I don't like to do the work for them... they must learn. So, with that in mind, let me assist you in learning how to follow a debate and how that debate originates and progresses. Now, I'm not going to do the work for you. You're going to have to do it. So, let's start here... tell me how the entire discussion on condom use started, what your position was and what my position was.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #900
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You sure? I'm not getting that from your posts.
    Nobody would expect that out of you.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •