Page 89 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #881
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Of course you don't. It wouldn't work out well for you.



    That was ONE study. There are scores of them that show that signficant portions of the population have no idea how to use a condom correctly. Here you go:

    Condom use 101: Basic errors are so common, study finds - NBC News.com

    This is now twice out of two times I've show you to be incorrect.



    No, as I showed, the irony is on you. You posted a refuted study. You have now been shown by a METAstudy that errors in condom usage is pretty common.
    Good to see you not destroying the "I" on your keyboard tonight. Who says some people never learn?

    Things almost always work out well for me, thank you. There is nothing you could say or do to change that. Feel free to try though.

    You haven't shown me to be incorrect on anything. I know it makes you feel good to say otherwise and that's OK. But the fact is, you like most liberals in this thread keep saying some people are incorrect, wrong, or whatever and the only thing you can back it up with is repeating the same or citing some politically correct bogus "study" that many members of the group doing the peer reviews are afraid to comment on freely. The thought police have become that powerful in what used to be respectable organizations.


    LOL. Now you go and change the rubber study. Just when I was starting to get used to the first one you posted. Did they use more than 20 guys in this new one you posted? I hope so. Using just 20 people in a scientific study should have sounded a little bogus to you to begin with. Why didn't it? Could it be that you didn't think about it, you just wanted to post something thinking nobody would notice how silly a study it was?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  2. #882
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Board rules do not require me to "say a word" to anyone.

    Lets see, I'm biased if I don't buy into a slew of biased reports? LOL. No. it just means I'm not stupid.
    You are biased because you dismissed my evidence before I even posted it and you had any chance to read it.

    You are biased because one poster made a claim that he could post studies and articles to support a point you apparently agree with and you said nothing but when another poster replied that he could post studies refuting those claims you responded to him that anything he would post would be "bogus".

    You are biased because while you argue that the evidence for my side is inherently flawed, you have yet to comment regarding the quality of the evidence that the other poster suggested he could offer this debate.

    So yeah, you are BIASED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #883
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Yet we've already seen you buy into at least ONE biased report. How do we know that you wouldn't buy into scores of others that support the same failed position. Oh, wait... that would be a slippery slope, wouldn't it?
    That's what you say. Over and over. But it doesn't make it true or make it stick.

    But drive on with it. If that's all you've got, it's all you got.

    Maybe it will take your mind off that silly 20 man rubber study you're wishing would go away.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #884
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Good to see you not destroying the "I" on your keyboard tonight. Who says some people never learn?

    Things almost always work out well for me, thank you. There is nothing you could say or do to change that. Feel free to try though.
    No, that's already been proven to not be the case.

    You haven't shown me to be incorrect on anything. I know it makes you feel good to say otherwise and that's OK. But the fact is, you like most liberals in this thread keep saying some people are incorrect, wrong, or whatever and the only thing you can back it up with is repeating the same or citing some politically correct bogus "study" that many members of the group doing the peer reviews are afraid to comment on freely. The thought police have become that powerful in what used to be respectable organizations.
    Standard conservative-speak. When facts and logic are against you, just make stuff up and see if anyone buys it.

    Now, if you want to present yourself as a hack, I can happily show the stupidity of doing so by sarcastically mocking any hack statement you make... like the above. Otherwise, we could discuss this without the hackery. Your choice.

    LOL. Now you go and change the rubber study. Just when I was starting to get used to the first one you posted. Did they use more than 20 guys in this new one you posted? I hope so. Using just 20 people in a scientific study should have sounded a little bogus to you to begin with. Why didn't it? Could it be that you didn't think about it, you just wanted to post something thinking nobody would notice how silly a study it was?
    Didn't change it. Just don't have a link to that one.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #885
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,851

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You've been discredited by logic and information. Most of your posts in this thread are just you repeating the same refuted position.
    According to you? whoopee. Like that carries any credibility. You are an advocate for same sex marriage and like most, base your argument on emotion not law. The only way you can legitamize it is bastardize the definition of civil rights. The majority of states in the union see through your argument and have banned same sex marriage in their states. So unless you continue the practice of using the judiciary branch as a means of lawfare to push this thing national, I have a sock in my drawer with your name on it. Cheers.
    Last edited by vesper; 09-14-13 at 12:27 AM.

  6. #886
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You are biased because you dismissed my evidence before I even posted it and you had any chance to read it.

    You are biased because one poster made a claim that he could post studies and articles to support a point you apparently agree with and you said nothing but when another poster replied that he could post studies refuting those claims you responded to him that anything he would post would be "bogus".

    You are biased because while you argue that the evidence for my side is inherently flawed, you have yet to comment regarding the quality of the evidence that the other poster suggested he could offer this debate.

    So yeah, you are BIASED!
    Do you ever do any critical thinking?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  7. #887
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I think people that think like you may be some of the most dangerous to all of us. You over exaggerate on just about everything showing you do not have the potential to be even handed.

    You accuse others of stating things they did not to further your argument. I know for a fact that to be the case because you have twisted my words on several occasions. Before you go any further, may I suggest you study the history of homosexuality. And in that study learn WHY in about 324 AD or so governments started creating laws against it. Until then I have a drawer full of socks. I'll let you pick whatever one you want to stick it in the appropriate place.
    They created laws against it because of the spread of Christianity. Not too hard. And as I recall, the Roman empire collapsed after adopting Christianity and banning same sex marriage. What is the lesson?

    And let us be clear, a slippery slope argument can work either way. It can be used as an argument for why a change may cause negative consequences or why NOT making a change can lead to negative consequences. That is why using a fallacious argument is generally a bad practice.

    The fact is I have been having this debate for years and years and I have yet to hear a coherent, rational argument as to what the harm is to society of allowing same sex couples to marry. The best people can do is baseless conjecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #888
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Do you ever do any critical thinking?
    Clearly, which is why I know you are biased and full of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  9. #889
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    That's what you say. Over and over. But it doesn't make it true or make it stick.

    But drive on with it. If that's all you've got, it's all you got.
    I provided the evidence that proved me correct and you wrong. And your response was to run. See, all you are doing is precisely what you are falsely claiming that I'm doing. Making a claim without any evidence or facts. I've backed my positions. You have not.

    Maybe it will take your mind off that silly 20 man rubber study you're wishing would go away.
    And my link supports precisely what I said.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #890
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, that's already been proven to not be the case.



    Standard conservative-speak. When facts and logic are against you, just make stuff up and see if anyone buys it.

    Now, if you want to present yourself as a hack, I can happily show the stupidity of doing so by sarcastically mocking any hack statement you make... like the above. Otherwise, we could discuss this without the hackery. Your choice.



    Didn't change it. Just don't have a link to that one.
    You keep proving it with each post you make. I'm still here, still doing very well and nothing you have done has got in my way at all.

    Standard liberal speak. You've done it to many times to count in this thread. But stick with it, the brain dead types probably get off on it.

    No link uh? Damn. I was hoping to find out if that guy in the bar I told you about was included in that study. Whoever did that study probably could have found fault with his rubber use in numerous ways. Would that have skewed that limited 20 man study though?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Page 89 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •