Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #871
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,890

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I am not even talking about APA studies. This is an issue that have been studied and is currently being studied in countries across the world by varying health, pediatric, and mental health organizations. It is one thing to say, "well this one particular organization has no credibility on this topic" and quite another to suggest there is no credibility for the dozens of scientific organizations across the world who have studied it.
    But you fail to recognize the many instances where the same so called experts are called in on a hearing reporting information that has been found to be false yet is used to influence to change law to benefit homosexual relations. There is a reason why a good portion of the gay community do not support Gay Marriage. They know exactly what is going on. They know the crap being presented as some type of truth to alter laws is bogus.

  2. #872
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    LET ME MAKE SOMETHING CLEAR RIGHT NOW! I DID NOT MAKE THE ORIGINAL CLAIM. LUCKY LARRY MADE THE CLAIM. HE STATED THAT INSTANCES LIKE CHILD MOLESTATION ARE MORE COMMON IN HOMOSEXUAL HOMES! HE MADE THAT CLAIM WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER TO BACK IT UP AND STATING HIS VIEW WAS INFORMED BY STUDIES AND ARTICLES. NOW IF YOU WANT TO GET ON ANYONE ABOUT "BOGUS CLAIMS" WHY NOT START ASKING HIM TO POST HIS RESOURCES SO THAT WE SEE HOW VALID THEY ARE.

    I seriously detest people who are all too willing to rescue those who lie through their teeth.
    LET ME MAKE SOMETHING CLEAR (LOL). Makes no difference to me one way or another who you detest. None.

    You made a comment about how you would "inundate" this thread. I made a comment directly related to your comment.

    I don't know that Lucky Larry did lie. Far as I know, he told the complete truth. You may not think so, but I'm not you. So I see no need to question him about anything, so I won't.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  3. #873
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    ...the consequences that many are not willing to accept in our society.
    Here is the beauty of the "slippery slope" argument. I can just as easily argue the proposed consequences to society will occur as a result of NOT legalizing same sex marriage.

    For example, pretty much every country that has legal polygamy does NOT allow same sex marriage. Maybe if we DON"T legalize same sex marriage it will lead to the legalization of polygamy. Makes about as much sense as the arguments I hear people making that legalizing same sex marriage will lead to polygamy.

    You believe that homosexuals are rampant child molesters in waiting? Perhaps NOT legalizing same sex marriage is irresponsible then because that puts those dangerous homos in consensual, adult relationships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #874
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    LET ME MAKE SOMETHING CLEAR (LOL). Makes no difference to me one way or another who you detest. None.

    You made a comment about how you would "inundate" this thread. I made a comment directly related to your comment.

    I don't know that Lucky Larry did lie. Far as I know, he told the complete truth. You may not think so, but I'm not you. So I see no need to question him about anything, so I won't.
    Here is the fact. Lucky Larry cited he could post studies that gay parents are child molesters. You didn't say a word to him. I posted that I could refute that if he didn't back up his claim. You then argue that ANYTHING I would post would inevitably be "bogus". Fact is you completely destroyed any credibility you had in this thread because you made it perfectly clear you don't give a crap about evidence. If it does not agree with what you believe, you will deliberately ignore it. That is by definition, confirmation bias. You are free to do it, but don't pretend that you are anything less than biased as all hell on this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #875
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    But you fail to recognize the many instances where the same so called experts are called in on a hearing reporting information that has been found to be false yet is used to influence to change law to benefit homosexual relations. There is a reason why a good portion of the gay community do not support Gay Marriage. They know exactly what is going on. They know the crap being presented as some type of truth to alter laws is bogus.
    Paranoid much? Please substantiate your arguments. Let us see some examples of all these experts called in to hearings. Or how about a major gay organization that is opposed to same sex marriage?

    To put it simply, you are full of crap. Prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  6. #876
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,890

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Anyone who knows how to discuss an issue rationally and logically knows that everything you have said in this thread has no credibility. You cannot prove cause and you cannot prove an accurate analogy. Your argument is nothing more than a logical fallacy and no matter how much you scream "nuh, uh" it doesn't alter the fact that you have proven that you don't know what you are talking about.
    Again another attempt to discredit me by your OPINIONS. Sorry your claim my arguments are logical fallacies is getting really stale.

  7. #877
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Again another attempt to discredit me by your OPINIONS. Sorry your claim my arguments are logical fallacies is getting really stale.
    You've been discredited by logic and information. Most of your posts in this thread are just you repeating the same refuted position.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #878
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Here is the fact. Lucky Larry cited he could post studies that gay parents are child molesters. You didn't say a word to him. I posted that I could refute that if he didn't back up his claim. You then argue that ANYTHING I would post would inevitably be "bogus". Fact is you completely destroyed any credibility you had in this thread because you made it perfectly clear you don't give a crap about evidence. If it does not agree with what you believe, you will deliberately ignore it. That is by definition, confirmation bias. You are free to do it, but don't pretend that you are anything less than biased as all hell on this issue.
    Board rules do not require me to "say a word" to anyone.

    Lets see, I'm biased if I don't buy into a slew of biased reports? LOL. No. it just means I'm not stupid.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  9. #879
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Board rules do not require me to "say a word" to anyone.

    Lets see, I'm biased if I don't buy into a slew of biased reports? LOL. No. it just means I'm not stupid.
    Yet we've already seen you buy into at least ONE biased report. How do we know that you wouldn't buy into scores of others that support the same failed position. Oh, wait... that would be a slippery slope, wouldn't it?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #880
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,890

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Here is the beauty of the "slippery slope" argument. I can just as easily argue the proposed consequences to society will occur as a result of NOT legalizing same sex marriage.

    For example, pretty much every country that has legal polygamy does NOT allow same sex marriage. Maybe if we DON"T legalize same sex marriage it will lead to the legalization of polygamy. Makes about as much sense as the arguments I hear people making that legalizing same sex marriage will lead to polygamy.

    You believe that homosexuals are rampant child molesters in waiting? Perhaps NOT legalizing same sex marriage is irresponsible then because that puts those dangerous homos in consensual, adult relationships.
    I think people that think like you may be some of the most dangerous to all of us. You over exaggerate on just about everything showing you do not have the potential to be even handed.

    You accuse others of stating things they did not to further your argument. I know for a fact that to be the case because you have twisted my words on several occasions. Before you go any further, may I suggest you study the history of homosexuality. And in that study learn WHY in about 324 AD or so governments started creating laws against it. Until then I have a drawer full of socks. I'll let you pick whatever one you want to stick it in the appropriate place.

Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •