Page 87 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #861
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
    Correct. And any man has the option to marry any other woman and any woman has the option to marry any other man. Fair and equal application.
    I've seen this stupid argument for years. It's dishonest. It omits the reason that most people marry someone else... which then demonstrates that it is not a fair and equal application.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #862
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    No doubt you can "inundate" this thread with bogus studies designed to push the homosexual agenda. I have full confidence you can do that.
    YOU'RE discussing bogus studies??? That's pretty ironic.

    I've posted plenty of studies on parenting by gays as has CT. Peer reviewed, repeatable, and valid methodology. That makes the studies valid. All accepted by major groups such as the APA, AMA, and WHO. And what does your side have? Exodus International? Oh, wait... they closed up shop and apologized for presenting lies about gays. NARTH? Hmmm... Cameron as one of their important contributors... someone who was thrown out of the APA for falsifying data in order to push his anti-gay agenda, there's not much credibility there. Who else have you got?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #863

    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I've seen this stupid argument for years. It's dishonest. It omits the reason that most people marry someone else... which then demonstrates that it is not a fair and equal application.
    I disagree. It acknowledges why people marry. It just further defines parameters if marriage.

    Regardless, I hope you don't really believe that everything in life should be fair. The abundance of unfair circumstances will drive you mad.

  4. #864
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
    I disagree. It acknowledges why people marry. It just further defines parameters if marriage.
    No, as I said, it omits the reason which is why the argument is both stupid and invalid.

    Regardless, I hope you don't really believe that everything in life should be fair. The abundance of unfair circumstances will drive you mad.
    You presented "fair and equal". Not my argument. All I did was show how it didn't apply.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #865
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    YOU'RE discussing bogus studies??? That's pretty ironic.

    I've posted plenty of studies on parenting by gays as has CT. Peer reviewed, repeatable, and valid methodology. That makes the studies valid. All accepted by major groups such as the APA, AMA, and WHO. And what does your side have? Exodus International? Oh, wait... they closed up shop and apologized for presenting lies about gays. NARTH? Hmmm... Cameron as one of their important contributors... someone who was thrown out of the APA for falsifying data in order to push his anti-gay agenda, there's not much credibility there. Who else have you got?
    No, no thanks I'll pass on any of the studies you pick out. I've seen enough already.

    Using a study of only 20 men to determine that 25% of them (or whatever it was) didn't know how to put on a rubber took the cake. And I'm sure you had a straight face on when you were typing it all out in the post you stuck it in. Very selective study if you ask me and is even if you don't.

    Very ironic of you to pretend credibility on studies you select. So no. I'm not interested in anything else you have.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  6. #866
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Actually Lucky Larry is on to something. There are ample studies pointing to absolute bogus studies to show a favor in the promotion of homosexual unions. Unfortunately the bogus studies play a big role in making Law in this country when introduced in a court of law.

    Psychology Losing Scientific Credibility, Say APA Insiders
    I am not even talking about APA studies. This is an issue that have been studied and is currently being studied in countries across the world by varying health, pediatric, and mental health organizations. It is one thing to say, "well this one particular organization has no credibility on this topic" and quite another to suggest there is no credibility for the dozens of scientific organizations across the world who have studied it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #867
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    No doubt you can "inundate" this thread with bogus studies designed to push the homosexual agenda. I have full confidence you can do that.

    But it's like the man caused global warming hoax. People with common sense had big doubts and were very skeptical of peer reviewed report after peer reviewed report that told of disasters to come if everybody didn't change their ways. But it just never made sense to those that thought about it instead of jumping on the politically correct bandwagon. And of course come to find out most of those reports were packed full of lies, half truths and other nonsense by so called "scientists".
    LET ME MAKE SOMETHING CLEAR RIGHT NOW! I DID NOT MAKE THE ORIGINAL CLAIM. LUCKY LARRY MADE THE CLAIM. HE STATED THAT INSTANCES LIKE CHILD MOLESTATION ARE MORE COMMON IN HOMOSEXUAL HOMES! HE MADE THAT CLAIM WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER TO BACK IT UP AND STATING HIS VIEW WAS INFORMED BY STUDIES AND ARTICLES. NOW IF YOU WANT TO GET ON ANYONE ABOUT "BOGUS CLAIMS" WHY NOT START ASKING HIM TO POST HIS RESOURCES SO THAT WE SEE HOW VALID THEY ARE.

    I seriously detest people who are all too willing to rescue those who lie through their teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #868
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    In order to refute the slippery slope fallacy, you must show a causal relationship between the thing and the thing that you believe will occur. Since SSM is not analogous to incest, polygamy, or marriage to minors, the causal relationship fails and the logical fallacy exists.


    I think every unbiased critical thinking mind would agree that your comments are BS and a feckless attempt to discredit anyone who presents such an argument in regard to the consequences of changing the definition of marriage to include same sex. Though those arguments based in slippery slope analogies may be conjecture, that doesn't mean they are invalid. On the contrary their analysis based on sound thought and theory disclose the consequences that many are not willing to accept in our society. And because of that becomes a real threat to those who advocate for same sex marriage.

  9. #869
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    No, no thanks I'll pass on any of the studies you pick out. I've seen enough already.
    Of course you don't. It wouldn't work out well for you.

    Using a study of only 20 men to determine that 25% of them (or whatever it was) didn't know how to put on a rubber took the cake. And I'm sure you had a straight face on when you were typing it all out in the post you stuck it in. Very selective study if you ask me and is even if you don't.
    That was ONE study. There are scores of them that show that signficant portions of the population have no idea how to use a condom correctly. Here you go:

    Condom use 101: Basic errors are so common, study finds - NBC News.com

    This is now twice out of two times I've show you to be incorrect.

    Very ironic of you to pretend credibility on studies you select. So no. I'm not interested in anything else you have.
    No, as I showed, the irony is on you. You posted a refuted study. You have now been shown by a METAstudy that errors in condom usage is pretty common.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #870
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post


    I think every unbiased critical thinking mind would agree that your comments are BS and a feckless attempt to discredit anyone who presents such an argument in regard to the consequences of changing the definition of marriage to include same sex. Though those arguments based in slippery slope analogies may be conjecture, that doesn't mean they are invalid. On the contrary their analysis based on sound thought and theory disclose the consequences that many are not willing to accept in our society. And because of that becomes a real threat to those who advocate for same sex marriage.
    Anyone who knows how to discuss an issue rationally and logically knows that everything you have said in this thread has no credibility. You cannot prove cause and you cannot prove an accurate analogy. Your argument is nothing more than a logical fallacy and no matter how much you scream "nuh, uh" it doesn't alter the fact that you have proven that you don't know what you are talking about.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 87 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •