Page 86 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #851

    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Edited.
    Last edited by LuckyLarry; 09-13-13 at 09:50 PM.

  2. #852

    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Absolutely... Opinions such as this are generally made by people that have never known a homosexual couple, much less many... My source of information that I base all my decisions on is this TV Show called Cops. About 99.9% of the idiots being chased and arrested appear to be super heterosexuals...
    Meaningless personal attack to discredit my point.

  3. #853

    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    No. It is posting scenarios to show that his logic is flawed. The two scenarios can obviously be reversed...



    You are new so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that online debating might be new to you as well...



    Here is a study result that just came out recently...

    "Evidence from a decades long study conducted by Tim Rogers from the Centre For Sexual Deviancy reveal that heterosexual couples engage in more deviant and destructive behaviour, up to and including beatings, torture, child molestation, abortion, emotional and psychological abuse, than homosexual couples. Over 1,800 couples were consulted from 2002 - 2012 from 29 states.

    Centre For Sexual Deviancy
    Interesting how multiple attempts in my part to find this study online were unsuccessful.

  4. #854

    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    WOW
    dishonesty like this is sure to get your post destroyed by facts. You are funny.
    Please be more clear with what you claim is dishonest.

  5. #855

    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    No. It is posting scenarios to show that his logic is flawed. The two scenarios can obviously be reversed...



    You are new so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that online debating might be new to you as well...



    Here is a study result that just came out recently...

    "Evidence from a decades long study conducted by Tim Rogers from the Centre For Sexual Deviancy reveal that heterosexual couples engage in more deviant and destructive behaviour, up to and including beatings, torture, child molestation, abortion, emotional and psychological abuse, than homosexual couples. Over 1,800 couples were consulted from 2002 - 2012 from 29 states.

    Centre For Sexual Deviancy
    I'm not sure how one can conclude that heterosexuals engage in more deviant behavior than homosexuals considering that by definition homosexual engage in deviant behavior 100% of the time.

    deviant
    — adjective

    deviating or departing from the norm; characterized by deviation: deviant social behavior.

  6. #856
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
    I'm not sure how one can conclude that heterosexuals engage in more deviant behavior than homosexuals considering that by definition homosexual engage in deviant behavior 100% of the time.

    deviant
    — adjective

    deviating or departing from the norm; characterized by deviation: deviant social behavior.
    Because there are more heterosexuals than homosexuals. Plus, it is not abnormal to engage in sodomy. Not when a majority of the population, heterosexual and homosexual engage in some form of it when they are sexually active. Deviant sexual behavior would be engaging in something besides just sodomy or even homosexuality.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #857

    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because there are more heterosexuals than homosexuals. Plus, it is not abnormal to engage in sodomy. Not when a majority of the population, heterosexual and homosexual engage in some form of it when they are sexually active. Deviant sexual behavior would be engaging in something besides just sodomy or even homosexuality.
    It's a definition of terms. If less than 10% of the population identifies as homosexual i think that qualifies as deviating from the norm. You have an Interesting opinion about sodomy though

  8. #858
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're too uneducated to make comments like this without exposing yourself yet again to the forum as a know nothing know it all. 40-50 years ago was the debate about openning marriage to cousins. Many states started to allow it.
    In order to refute the slippery slope fallacy, you must show a causal relationship between the thing and the thing that you believe will occur. Since SSM is not analogous to incest, polygamy, or marriage to minors, the causal relationship fails and the logical fallacy exists.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #859
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    THAT IS ABSOLUTE BULL! One thing I know inside and out is peer reviewed literature on same sex parenting and I will literally inundate this thread with hundreds of studies on this topic unless you back up your baseless bullcrap statement by posting these "studies and articles" you claim to have read.

    THAT was a bald faced LIE you made. And if you have to LIE you do not have a good argument.
    No doubt you can "inundate" this thread with bogus studies designed to push the homosexual agenda. I have full confidence you can do that.

    But it's like the man caused global warming hoax. People with common sense had big doubts and were very skeptical of peer reviewed report after peer reviewed report that told of disasters to come if everybody didn't change their ways. But it just never made sense to those that thought about it instead of jumping on the politically correct bandwagon. And of course come to find out most of those reports were packed full of lies, half truths and other nonsense by so called "scientists".
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  10. #860
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
    Your's and other's attempt to distance your argument for same sex couples to marry from incest, polygamy, and beastiality by calling it a slippery slope and therefore semantically devaluing the correlation is hypocritical and unsuccessful.

    These other smaller (and therefore less popular/powerful) groups have been using your arguments for years.... . Their lack of numbers has kept them from being successful with these arguments. But if the current path of acceptance of deviant behaviors that this nation is headed in continues it is not hyperbolic or slippery to expect a similar path to Same Sibling Marriage as taken by Same Sex Marriage.
    In the slippery slope fallacy, CAUSAL relationships are key, not correlational. This is why the fallacy exists in this case. You cannot prove causation without an accurate analogy. Also, the arguments used in supporting SSM have been used by minorities for centuries.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 86 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •