Page 81 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #801
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    1.)You rarely use any sort of fact, apparently it's what you have named your OPINION.
    2.) At issue isn't "equal rights being granted to gays" but allowing gay marriage. It's hilarious how you accuse others of the very behavior you display religiously.
    1.)actually i have used many fact you denying them doesnt change anything, did marriage to cousins exists before it was ended and then started again? yep thats a fact that destroys your failed argument and shows how severely uneducated you are on this topic

    2.) actually it is says the state supreme courts that have actually heard the case. Marriage is a fatual right and those courts decided that a ban on it violates equality and was discrimination. once again, you lost to facts and expose your education level on this topic which seem to be very very little.

    Facts destroy your failed post and it fails again
    and as always if you disagree PLEASE show us any factual logic connecting equal rights being granted to gays leading to a slippery slope of something else, we cant wait to read it!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #802
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Sorry, everything you say is worthless when you alter the posts of others. Reported.

  3. #803
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    thats an example of hyperbole? wow sorry its not, at least not how you presented. If somebody would say its an "identical" struggle then yes absolutely id agree with you

    but they are both civil rights, equality and discrimination issues. and to further that point many black people have used the reference themselves even those not exactly pro-gay and said that while they may not agree with it they could never deny them rights the same way their ancestors were.

    gays have been killed, beat, assaulted, fired, disowned, abandon, tortured, not hired, discriminated against, denied rights, branded and denied equality simply for being gay. again not IDENTICAL to what was done to blacks at all but the civil rights and equality moment comparison is definitely there.

    and since the OP article is written by a black man equating the likeness to it id say there no hyperbole at all unless one says its identical.

    SO again do you have an examples?
    No, I don't have specific examples. In fact, I can't articulate well why I don't think that the two struggles are the same, but my feelings are that although the points of discrimination you threw out there are despicable, I just don't think they measure up to separate water fountains, separate bathrooms, riding in the back of busses, and the outright hunting and killing of black people for sport by the KKK. Gay's were never enslaved, and although bigoted people could very well treat gay people horribly if they knew of their orientation, it just doesn't measure up to what blacks went through in this country.

    With that said, I don't think that the issue of marriage among gays really effects me one way or the other. I say let em. I don't think the world's poles would flip on its axis if they were allowed to marry, and there are a lot of lawyers that would benefit from the increased amount of divorce proceedings...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #804
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Sorry, everything you say is worthless when you alter the posts of others. Reported.
    translation you got nothing
    i told you before this deflection doesnt work

    so just a reminder of what i said last time you tried this deflection and derailment
    "I like it, its a convenient and courteous method to assure a poster know exactly what im responding for and it creates less confusion.
    If you do not sorry but the solution is easy, simply dont respond to me"

    and just a friendly DP participant FYI in case you missed it a mod commented on your concerns
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...w-95-a-10.html

    now back on topic

    Facts destroy your failed post and it fails again
    and as always if you disagree PLEASE show us any factual logic connecting equal rights being granted to gays leading to a slippery slope of something else, we cant wait to read it!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #805
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Nope, what I posted doesn't require your translation nor your alteration. Your opinions are valueless once you start altering the posts of others.

  6. #806
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    1.)No, I don't have specific examples.
    2.)In fact, I can't articulate well why I don't think that the two struggles are the same, but my feelings are that although the points of discrimination you threw out there are despicable, I just don't think they measure up to separate water fountains, separate bathrooms, riding in the back of busses, and the outright hunting and killing of black people for sport by the KKK. Gay's were never enslaved, and although bigoted people could very well treat gay people horribly if they knew of their orientation, it just doesn't measure up to what blacks went through in this country.

    3.)With that said, I don't think that the issue of marriage among gays really effects me one way or the other. I say let em. I don't think the world's poles would flip on its axis if they were allowed to marry,

    4.) and there are a lot of lawyers that would benefit from the increased amount of divorce proceedings...

    1.) then what motivates to feel the way you do? seems illogical? did my example fit? like i said if people say they are identical then yes i agree that would be a bit hyperbolic
    2.) see im just not sure about this. I know people like to use the word same but i don't think they often mean identical at least i ASSUME and i could be wrong. I would GUESS when they say same the mean civil rights, discrimination and fighting for equality.

    but yes in general i agree they were not "identical" and i dont think anybody ever MEANS to say they are.
    3.) well this is true, it wouldnt effect you any way what so ever unless you chose to let it effect you
    4.) well this would certainly seem to be the case, "they" feel gay marriages would be equally successful as hetero marriages.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 09-13-13 at 04:32 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #807
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nope, what I posted doesn't require your translation nor your alteration. Your opinions are valueless once you start altering the posts of others.
    translation you got nothing
    i told you before this deflection doesnt work
    Facts destroy your failed post and it fails again
    and as always if you disagree PLEASE show us any factual logic connecting equal rights being granted to gays leading to a slippery slope of something else, we cant wait to read it!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #808

    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Yeah, with the way some keep bringing this up, you'd think polygamy incest and bestiality would be legal in MA Iowa NY etc by now.
    Your's and other's attempt to distance your argument for same sex couples to marry from incest, polygamy, and beastiality by calling it a slippery slope and therefore semantically devaluing the correlation is hypocritical and unsuccessful.

    These other smaller (and therefore less popular/powerful) groups have been using your arguments for years.... . Their lack of numbers has kept them from being successful with these arguments. But if the current path of acceptance of deviant behaviors that this nation is headed in continues it is not hyperbolic or slippery to expect a similar path to Same Sibling Marriage as taken by Same Sex Marriage.

  9. #809
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation you got nothing
    i told you before this deflection doesnt work
    Facts destroy your failed post and it fails again
    and as always if you disagree PLEASE show us any factual logic connecting equal rights being granted to gays leading to a slippery slope of something else, we cant wait to read it!
    refer to post #805. Your opinions are valueless.

  10. #810

    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation you got nothing
    i told you before this deflection doesnt work
    Facts destroy your failed post and it fails again
    and as always if you disagree PLEASE show us any factual logic connecting equal rights being granted to gays leading to a slippery slope of something else, we cant wait to read it!
    Marriage is not a fundamental "right" for anyone.

Page 81 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •