Page 8 of 120 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #71
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Do you really lack the capacity to distinguish between preying upon the young and entering into an adult relationship?
    And since we are asking such questions, who here does not seem to really have the "capacity to distinguish between" a normal traditional marriage of one man one woman in the procreating and family creating process, the very integral building blocks upon which this strong nation was founded, and those that would detract from that vital effort ?



    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    And since we are asking such questions, who here does not seem to really have the "capacity to distinguish between" a normal traditional marriage of one man one woman in the procreating and family creating process, the very integral building blocks upon which this strong nation was founded, and those that would detract from that vital effort ?




    Are you suggesting that allowing gays to marry in a socially and legally accepted manner would result in the total self-destruction of the USofA??????

    Would you have said the same thing about a white woman marrying a black man about 50 years ago?

  3. #73
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,866

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Oh goodie....a reference to pedophilia.

    I'm shocked you left out bestiality though.

    You must be slipping.

    Here's a thought. Men have been having sex with women since the dawn of time.
    It's legal, and accepted. Married or not doesn't matter.

    So why isn't it legal for a man to have sex with a little girl?

    Because we all have common sense and understand that children can't consent to sex.

    So why in blue-blazing hell would the social acceptance of same-sex marriage lead to pedophilia being accepted????????

    Short answer. It wouldn't for christ sakes because we are all still rationally intelligent human beings who understand the DIFFERENCE between consenting adults and minors when it comes to sex.

    Now take that ridiculously inane slippery-slope feces covered analogy out back and shoot it with something large and powerful.

    When you have something more reasonable to add to the debate come back and join in.
    Once upon a time not that long ago homosexuality was viewed in the same light as pedophilia. People saw it as abnormal behavior and morally wrong but today it is presented as the new normal. What makes you think in twenty years NAMBLA won't be seen as the new normal?

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Once upon a time not that long ago homosexuality was viewed in the same light as pedophilia. People saw it as abnormal behavior and morally wrong but today it is presented as the new normal. What makes you think in twenty years NAMBLA won't be seen as the new normal?
    Because there's no way around the consent issue. It's the same reason you will never be allowed to marry your cat or your cat's ball of string, no consent is possible.

  5. #75
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,866

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Because there's no way around the consent issue. It's the same reason you will never be allowed to marry your cat or your cat's ball of string, no consent is possible.
    If our society is willing to allow an underaged girl to seek an abortion without a parent's consent how far of a stretch would it be? Not far.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    What makes you think in twenty years NAMBLA won't be seen as the new normal?
    Because we're not morons.

    Well, most of us aren't.

  7. #77
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Yeah, that's not likely to happen. Consent is the issue there. I'd drop that one, it's a strawman.
    Yeah, when I was growing up I would have said the very same thing about Gay marriage, even about Gay tolerance...but we know how that has turned out...so you can go play the lotto with those kind of predictions and see how you end up...

    All one has to do is lower the age of consent...think that cannot be done...easily? In Chile the age of consent is currently, for male female relationships, a measly 12 years old, in Spain its 13, in Canada its 14... with the full court press of the LBGT, NAMBLA and friends over the next twenty years, who knows...these are fungible civil rights, especially as your folks are constantly blurring, erasing and always redrawing the lines, liberal relativism has no foundation, no moral compass with which to guide us steadily into the future...so who knows who may be the Chris Columbus discovering the currently uncharted islands of man-boy love in the future... and declaring it legal?

    Who knows? Only the shadow knows, and that dark shadow is rapidly being cast across this country by the left...
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I our society is willing to allow an underaged girl to seek an abortion without a parent's consent how far of a stretch would it be? Not far.
    No, it's a total stretch. And in most of the country you need a note from mom or dad, or both, or from the court if you are under 18.

  9. #79
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    I understand and acknowledge that the author is drawing a parallel between the black civil rights movement and today's homosexual rights movement. That's clear, but that's also my point.

    Yes, this nation was (and perhaps still is in some ways) divided on the black civil rights issue.
    And yes, this nation is dividing on the homosexual issue.

    My point is that it is not only improper to attempt a parallel between black civil rights and homosexual rights, it's also inordinately disrespectful (imho) of the former. What you have is a group of people attempting to distinguish themselves solely on the basis of their sexual preference and at the same time draw identic parallels with a group distinguished by the color of their skin. I don't believe it's proper to draw such parallels, let alone equate sexual preference with skin color. In fact, I believe it's disrespectful.
    You assume that there is an implication of equal atrocities and I think this assumption is in err. If may husband slaps me or denies me the right to go out or tries to intimidate me with threats I am an abused wife, if my sisters husband beats her on a nightly basis she is also an abused wife. Her experience is more traumatic but it is still abuse and her experience is not disrespected because I call myself abused also.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  10. #80
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    University of Central Florida, Universidad de Catolica, Quito, Ecuador, Harvard Grad School, Rollins Graduate Studies...

    But that has little to do with whether or not one can or cannot debate. Did they teach you mainly only ad hominems at Stanford, did they? Does not say much for the program as ad homs are not really debating... you know?

    Congratulations.

    Now tell me some actual rational reasons for denying homosexuals equal rights or explain what homosexuals do that is inherently wrong.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 8 of 120 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •