Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #781
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I disagree. This cedes ground to the religious that they own the word. They do not.
    I disagree. It creates a reasonable separation between the two institutions and is in line with the legal definition of marriage. It also prevents potential accusations of discrimination by churches which, legally would hold no water anyway.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #782
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Infertile couples don't change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ?. It's still XX + XY

    They meet the existing criteria. Marriage was created for purposeful and specific social, economic and biological reasons. It's the oldest known institution in human history. It's instinctual and biological in animals (unlike homosexuality). If homosexual sex was genetic and planned, evolution would have found a use for it a long time ago and adapted accordingly. Animals in the wild engage in sodomy and other filthy behaviors because of dominance, clash of senses. In other words, it's not rational. There isn't a homosexual instinct in animals to mate.
    This has already been refuted several times. Firstly, homosexuality is found in animals and is instinctual and biological... since animals don't have the ability to reason. This is a VERY basic biological concept. Next, pleasure and pair-bonding are also instincts and desires seen in both animals and humans (higher animals). Finally, not all sexual activity has the purpose of mating. Some is to provide pleasure. We see this with animals who have sexual activity when mating is not possible (both in same sex and opposite sex actions) and in humans for a variety of reasons. The only thing in your entire post that you got right is that sometimes, in very specific situations, same sex sexual behavior in heterosexuals will occur to create dominance.

    Other than that one thing, nothing else in your post has any validity.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #783
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    You keep claiming it's not true doesn't make it false

    It is absolutely true, despite what your post-modernism gobbly-gook perception believes
    Since you haven't proven it with facts or logic, your argument is invalid.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #784
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    And your argument is one used by one who is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. There are such things as slippery slopes.
    nope every single one you brought up factually failed in this debate, EVERY ONE
    you haven provided ONE single example of equal rights for gays leading to other things solely because of equal rights for gays. You have proven you have no clue what a slipper slope is and its hilarious. its pure uneducated ignorance of this subject or dishonesty, pick one.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #785
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope every single one you brought up factually failed in this debate, EVERY ONE
    you haven provided ONE single example of equal rights for gays leading to other things solely because of equal rights for gays. You have proven you have no clue what a slipper slope is and its hilarious. its pure uneducated ignorance of this subject or dishonesty, pick one.
    Well, the concept is rather new in terms of what politicians can do to distort it in the future...We will have to wait and see....Personally, I don't think that it will cause much either, other than possible rhetorical blather from both sides....If both sides would just calm down a little, we could possibly live and let live, but not as long as hyperbolic rhetoric is involved.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #786
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, the concept is rather new in terms of what politicians can do to distort it in the future...We will have to wait and see....Personally, I don't think that it will cause much either, other than possible rhetorical blather from both sides....If both sides would just calm down a little, we could possibly live and let live, but not as long as hyperbolic rhetoric is involved.
    youll have to give me an example of hyperbolic rhetoric for the pro-equal rights for gays side, not saying it doesnt exists because retards exist in all groups but i haven't seen any that i recall.

    but there a lot on the side that wants to discriminate and not allow equal rights for gays.

    If people would just not get so threatened over other americans having equla rights things would be just fine. Thats how you live and let live but SOME dont want that.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #787
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    youll have to give me an example of hyperbolic rhetoric for the pro-equal rights for gays side, not saying it doesnt exists because retards exist in all groups but i haven't seen any that i recall.

    but there a lot on the side that wants to discriminate and not allow equal rights for gays.

    If people would just not get so threatened over other americans having equla rights things would be just fine. Thats how you live and let live but SOME dont want that.
    We are a habitual species, that doesn't react well to change. But an example in my mind would be in the comparison of Gay rights to the struggle of civil rights that the black community have gone through.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #788
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We are a habitual species, that doesn't react well to change. But an example in my mind would be in the comparison of Gay rights to the struggle of civil rights that the black community have gone through.
    thats an example of hyperbole? wow sorry its not, at least not how you presented. If somebody would say its an "identical" struggle then yes absolutely id agree with you

    but they are both civil rights, equality and discrimination issues. and to further that point many black people have used the reference themselves even those not exactly pro-gay and said that while they may not agree with it they could never deny them rights the same way their ancestors were.

    gays have been killed, beat, assaulted, fired, disowned, abandon, tortured, not hired, discriminated against, denied rights, branded and denied equality simply for being gay. again not IDENTICAL to what was done to blacks at all but the civil rights and equality moment comparison is definitely there.

    and since the OP article is written by a black man equating the likeness to it id say there no hyperbole at all unless one says its identical.

    SO again do you have an examples?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #789
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope every single one you brought up factually failed in this debate, EVERY ONE
    you haven provided ONE single example of equal rights for gays leading to other things solely because of equal rights for gays. You have proven you have no clue what a slipper slope is and its hilarious. its pure uneducated ignorance of this subject or dishonesty, pick one.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But we live with the consequences of many laws that were based in emotion and not logic and end up causing greater harm. I personally see same sex marriage to be one such law.

  10. #790
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But we live with the consequences of many laws that were based in emotion and not logic and end up causing greater harm.
    2.)I personally see same sex marriage to be one such law.
    1.)its not an opinion you FACTUALLY have not provided and successful slipper slop argument.

    try to understand uner laws and precedence this is a true or false thing, its not opinion base.

    now if you want to have an opinion saying you dont like gays having equal rights thats your choice but when you say equal rights for gays will lead to other things based solely on equal rights for gays arguments/precedence you are factually wrong and this thread proves that.

    as always if you disagree please provide these factual slipper slope arguments now

    2.) you keep saying this but yet cant support it anyway. Equal rights is not going to cause great harm in anyway what so ever, its a silly illogical strawman and scare tactic that nobody honest, educated and objective buys.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •