Page 75 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #741
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    You keep saying it but it don't make it true. Mankind has had far more variations from what you and others of your ilk believe to be the norm. Some anthropologists think prostitution is older than marriage
    You keep claiming it's not true doesn't make it false

    It is absolutely true, despite what your post-modernism gobbly-gook perception believes

  2. #742
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    But they can't procreate. If the ability to procreate is central to marriage, this would be an argument against allowing infertile couples to marry. But now you say it's still ok for infertile couples to stay married or get married, which means that the inability to procreate does not preclude marriage.
    I'm not against men and women marrying. It doesn't change the definition of words and institutions. Stop with the endless strawmen. Thanks.

    Which means it's not an argument against same-sex marriage at all, so why are we bringing it up?
    Marriage = man + woman

    "The existing criteria" has changed over time, across cultures, etc. "The existing criteria" used to be two people of the same race. People had all sorts of supposed reasons. They even said it was against the will of God, against Natural Law, etc.
    No it hasn't. Sporadic anomalies here and there doesn't refute what the broad notion of marriage has always meant across all cultures and traditions since the beginning of human history.

    1) Homosexuality occurs in nature in numerous species. You are just declaring the reasons aren't rational, but what evidence do you have to support that? You are declaring there isn't such an instinct, but the behavior is clearly observed.
    No it does not. There is no homosexual instinct in animals to mate. Animals engage in sodomy because of dominance, conflicting stimuli, ect. It's not an emotional, rational decision animals are making when they engage in sodomy and other filthy behaviors in the wild.

    2) Marriage isn't the same thing as sex. Ask any married man. Why are you obsessing over gay sex?

    Boooooooring .... we can toss the "you're obsessed with gay sex" jabs back and forth all day.

    3) Marriage isn't natural in the first place. If you want to make anything supposedly "unnatural" illegal, don't vaccinate your children and don't set foot on an airplane. Or own a gun. I mean, since you're defining rights based on nature, and all.
    The concept of marriage as an institution came out of necessity. If gay marriage was an awesome idea when marriage first came about, it would have become a mainstream accepted notion and institution centuries ago. If homosexual sex had a specific purpose, evolution would have long ago identified what that was and adapted accordingly.

    We're not animals. Biologically, emotionally, psychologically study after study has shown that human children do best when raised by their biological parents in a low conflict household. Gay Marriage is pointless. It has no value. It's 3% of the population demanding we all set aside our standards and beliefs and bow down to their demands. Let each state vote then and forever brand their Constitutions with what the definition of marriage is. State by State. No possibility of any federal interference. Ever.

  3. #743
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    You keep saying it but it don't make it true. Mankind has had far more variations from what you and others of your ilk believe to be the norm. Some anthropologists think prostitution is older than marriage
    The Supreme Court has spoken on the subject

    Gay Marriage is a very new concept. The reason why is because past generations had the sense to understand that it's not a good idea.

  4. #744
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I'm not against men and women marrying. It doesn't change the definition of words and institutions. Stop with the endless strawmen. Thanks.
    It's not a straw man. You brought up procreation, not me. Why? Is it critical to marriage?

    Marriage = man + woman
    Nothing to do with the text you quoted here. Procreation was your argument.

    No it hasn't. Sporadic anomalies here and there doesn't refute what the broad notion of marriage has always meant across all cultures and traditions since the beginning of human history.
    You say it hasn't been observed and then admit that it has been. Interesting.
    No it does not. There is no homosexual instinct in animals to mate. Animals engage in sodomy because of dominance, conflicting stimuli, ect. It's not an emotional, rational decision animals are making when they engage in sodomy and other filthy behaviors in the wild.
    Says you. Provide evidence.
    Boooooooring .... we can toss the "you're obsessed with gay sex" jabs back and forth all day.
    I've been talking about marriage this whole thread. You're the one focusing on sex.

    The concept of marriage as an institution came out of necessity. If interracial marriage was an awesome idea when marriage first came about, it would have become a mainstream accepted notion and institution centuries ago. If interracial marriage had a specific purpose, evolution would have long ago identified what that was and adapted accordingly.
    Same ****, different decade.

    We're not animals. Biologically, emotionally, psychologically study after study has shown that human children do best when raised by their biological parents in a low conflict household.
    And study after study shows that children do just fine with same-sex parents.

    Gay Marriage is pointless. It has no value.
    And there it is. You don't see the value to you. It's all about you, isn't it?

    I declare your marriage has no value. It means nothing to you, because I find it disgusting.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #745
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    You keep claiming it's not true doesn't make it false

    It is absolutely true, despite what your post-modernism gobbly-gook perception believes
    everytime you post these lie people destroy it, when are you going to see educated honest objective people just dont buy it and they know its BS because we all have FACTS that make it BS while you have nothing to support your failed claim, nothing but "hu-huh"

    lets us know when you have any facts to support your fallacy post, we'd love to read it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #746
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    The Supreme Court has spoken on the subject

    Gay Marriage is a very new concept. The reason why is because past generations had the sense to understand that it's not a good idea.
    Two different Roman emperors had same sex marriages. Not all that "new".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #747
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    What a pathetic......response which is no more relevant than if I cut my toenails in the improper way, I may end up with ingrown toenails.
    What you fail to recognize is the consequences of changing LAW. And according to you all it takes is an emotional attachment to another person whether it be of the opposite sex or same sex to qualify to be defined as marriage. So if YOUR requirements are solely based on emotion, the love and desire to be with the one they love, then marriage is open to anyone who has an emotional love for another whether society is accepting of it or not.
    You want to talk fallacy arguments well there is none bigger than the one you are proposing and is at the heart of every gay marriage argument.They are all based on emotion. So deal with it. And when the others come along that make you feel icky about offering them the same rights, you are going to have to deal with that also because people like you allowed it to happen.


    No, you are playing the "might" game--if you do this, that "might" happen....nothing to do with your nasty toenails either.... We all have emotional bonds and you are trying to make it seem that everyone with emotional bonds are going to try to get married... What a ridiculous notion... Do you really want to marry your mother, your father, your aunt or uncle, your brother or your son or daughter? What a waste of brain cells...

  8. #748
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Who care's? It is a free country, supposedly.


    Not if the conservatives have their way...

  9. #749
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Well, I think one ...or two rather, should jump the broom, hand fast away... nobody is stopping them. Just do not expect it to be recognized by society. Nobody cares if you do that.


    Where have you been? There are already many, many gay marriages and they "are" recognized by society..and they are happy and doing fine...

  10. #750
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Gay "Marriage" is an inferior form of pretend marriage. It's a sham. It doesn't deserve to be in the same discussion as the tradition of marriage, which brings the opposite sexes together to form one union. From this union, new life is created with unique DNA, formed from the DNA of that child's biological parents. This all has significant social and economic purposes that are unique to this institution. Not the Frankenstein experiments that the LGBT community has to engage in to try and pass themselves off as "normal".

    If that hurts your feelings I don't care. Live with it.


    Unfortunately, some of you are living in your own delusional little world. It doesn't matter... There are many married gay couples already and first they got a "Marriage" license, and then they got a "Marriage" certificate..

Page 75 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •