Page 63 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #621
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    LOL. When will you follow your own advice? LOL.

    Don't worry about a thing though. Because of the wasted effort you spent in running circles around yourself with the use of the word "I" in proving nothing, the right will proudly award you the prize of 1st loser in your two person debate with Gaugingcantenate.
    So you now claim to speak for the right? Sorry, but CC spanked Gaugincantenate's ass.

  2. #622
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,496

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you now claim to speak for the right? Sorry, but CC spanked Gaugincantenate's ass.
    CC picked those bones so clean even vultures won't bother to go near them....

  3. #623
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This is nothing but ANOTHER one of your erroneous theories that has no basis in reality. See, Ontologuy, I have already proven in other threads that the actual definition of marriage is incorrect based on the definition of the word definition. The definition of the word "definition" is "the act of making definite, distinct, or clear". Therefore, the word marriage must be DEFINITE and DISTINCT. This means it must accurately describe marriage. Since, currently, marriage is used to define the joining of straights and the joining of gays, the actual definition has changed... it MUST be definitive and define all usages of the word... or it is not a definition. This accounts for the change in word definitions. So, tell us... why are you bothered by using the word marriage correctly?
    You have expressed here your political opinion, albeit falsely, that time-honored respect for words and their true meaning is "ANOTHER one of your erroneous theories".

    It is my political opinion that time-honored respect for words and their true meaning -- definitive propriety -- is of foundational validity in deciding the matter of whether SS-couples' relevant relationships should be included in the word "marriage".

    I say it should not.

    You say that exhibiting a time-honored respect for words and their true meaning is irrelevant.

    I disagree.

    We hereby express our political opinion, nothing more.

    Nevertheless, your attempt to deconstruct the phrase "definitive propriety" is laughably erroneous.

    Time-honored respect for words and their true meaning is not "my theory".

    It is a valid way of approaching this relevant problem, a method that has been used forever in writing and testing legal statutes.

    Your attempt to castigate this time-honored reasonable approach by falsely demeaning it as "my theory" is, understandably, in obvious error.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  4. #624
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    CC picked those bones so clean even vultures won't bother to go near them....
    yeah watching him destroy ontology's and gaugincantenate's posts was hilarious
    it was an utter destruction or lies, misinformation, bigotry and worthless unsupportable opinion the posted.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #625
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Time-honored respect for words and their true meaning is not "my theory".
    The time honeored meaning of marriage used to be a man and a woman of the same race and same class. So I guess you are against poor people marrying rich people and interracial marriage too right?

  6. #626
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, they do. This demonstrates you lying.

    But here's what I've decided. You have decided to invent a word, "homarriage". Well, since I have proven that you don't understand how words are defined, and, therefore, you don't understand why the word marriage doesn't mean what you want it to mean, just for you, I am going to invent my own word. Since it seems that certain segments of the heterosexual community... like you... don't understand definitions, it is clear that the word marriage has become such a bone of contention, that I have decided to eliminate it altogether. Because, like you, I can make these kinds of decisions. Therefore, from now on, whenever dealing with you, straight marriage will be called hemarriage, since the word marriage no longer exists. I suggest that all members, when discussing this issue with Ontologuy, use the word hemarriage. It is an accurate definition of what we are discussing... heterosexual marriage. I'm sure that Ontologuy will have no objections since accuracy is so important to him Hemarriage. Remember to pronounce it hem' er idge.
    Most of your post here is fallacy combined with illogical reasoning.

    However, it is, as I'm sure you'll understand, important to refute your false statement that "You have decided to invent a word, "homarriage".

    I did not invent that word, though I sometimes wish I had.

    It is merely my chosen preference from a list, so I frequently suggest "homarriage" as the applicable term.

    So "homarriage" is not "my theory" or "my invention" or the like.

    As proof, I offer the following:

    Others talking about the word: "Homarriage" - Hot Topics - What to Expect.com
    I told my wife that someone said we should call our marriage a homarriage and now she calls me her ho.
    This from way back in 2006: Ho-marriage? - The Globe and Mail
    If a new word could be found to describe homosexual civil unions -- such as "homarriage" -- then, that would be acceptable. Just leave the traditional definition of marriage alone.
    Other forums: The weakness in B. H. Obama's strategy....: Off Topic Forum: Digital Photography Review
    Homarriage is, and should be, a state issue. Most of those "Gay Republicans" would agree.
    Other forums: Glenn Beck supports gay marriage.
    Gay marriage is a conflict of terms!

    Marriage MUST remain a union between a man and a woman otherwise the term is meaningless.

    If on the other hand someone wants to coin a new word for sexual deviants to form some kind of a union do it and don’t destroy marriage for normal people. Homarriage is available.
    And from 2009: Gay Marriage: Who Cares? - Taki's Magazine
    You can have your very own word—I’ve seen terms such as “homarriage,”
    Etc.

    None of the people in the links suggesting the use of the word "homarriage" are me.

    The word has been in common usage as a suggestion for the word to describe SS-couples' relevant relationship for a long time, and I simply didn't start its usage.

    Thus I, obviously, did not "invent" the word.

    I have simply referenced the word "homarriage" as in my political opinion it is one of the most logical short-terms applicable.

    Some prefer the longer "homosexual marriage".

    Regardless, my made point here is that you are in likely purposeful error in your rush to false judgment that I "invented" the term "homarriage".

    This is typical of your approach, in that you falsely state something is "my theory" or that "I invented it" as an attempt to demean and belittle the political opinion.

    Not only is your reasoning illogical, as who invented an accurate presentation is irrelevant as the accurate presentation stands on its own, but your reasoning is based on an obviously false premise.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  7. #627
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Most of your post here is fallacy combined with illogical reasoning.

    However, it is, as I'm sure you'll understand, important to refute your false statement that "You have decided to invent a word, "homarriage".

    I did not invent that word, though I sometimes wish I had.

    It is merely my chosen preference from a list, so I frequently suggest "homarriage" as the applicable term.

    So "homarriage" is not "my theory" or "my invention" or the like.

    As proof, I offer the following:

    Others talking about the word: "Homarriage" - Hot Topics - What to Expect.com

    This from way back in 2006: Ho-marriage? - The Globe and Mail

    Other forums: The weakness in B. H. Obama's strategy....: Off Topic Forum: Digital Photography Review

    Other forums: Glenn Beck supports gay marriage.

    And from 2009: Gay Marriage: Who Cares? - Taki's Magazine

    Etc.

    None of the people in the links suggesting the use of the word "homarriage" are me.

    The word has been in common usage as a suggestion for the word to describe SS-couples' relevant relationship for a long time, and I simply didn't start its usage.

    Thus I, obviously, did not "invent" the word.

    I have simply referenced the word "homarriage" as in my political opinion it is one of the most logical short-terms applicable.

    Some prefer the longer "homosexual marriage".

    Regardless, my made point here is that you are in likely purposeful error in your rush to false judgment that I "invented" the term "homarriage".

    This is typical of your approach, in that you falsely state something is "my theory" or that "I invented it" as an attempt to demean and belittle the political opinion.

    Not only is your reasoning illogical, as who invented an accurate presentation is irrelevant as the accurate presentation stands on its own, but your reasoning is based on an obviously false premise.
    I think simply "I did not invent the word homarriage" would have sufficed.

    A bit of advice though, being long-winded doesn't make you more intelligent, it just bores people quicker. You spend paragraphs writing about a simple response. That doesn't make you more intelligent.

  8. #628
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The time honeored meaning of marriage used to be a man and a woman of the same race and same class. So I guess you are against poor people marrying rich people and interracial marriage too right?
    yep that was ONE of the many not
    and it leaves out the fact that gay marriage existed in BC

    its all factually proven wrong and nonsense that NOBODY educated falls for
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #629
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The time honeored meaning of marriage used to be a man and a woman of the same race and same class.
    False, obviously.

    Marriage was created just before the agricultural revolution more than 12,000 years ago and has remained at its foundational requirement "a man and a woman as husband and wife".

    Any location specific additional idiosyncratic criteria in certain cultures about class, or race, or the like only served to restrict the number of marriages, but every marriage created remained between a man and a woman as husband and wife or the union simply was not a marriage.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So I guess you are against poor people marrying rich people and interracial marriage too right?
    Since your premise is false, so is your conclusion .. though you don't likely really care about logical truth but were merely interested in a quick and flaky "if" to justify your "then" castigation.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  10. #630
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,496

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The time honeored meaning of marriage used to be a man and a woman of the same race and same class. So I guess you are against poor people marrying rich people and interracial marriage too right?
    Not that long ago it was also a "time honored" part of "traditional marriage" that a husband could physically beat his wife, and even rape his wife and NOT be charged with a crime because at that time it was not thought that such things were crimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •