Page 57 of 120 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #561
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    No, it's historically accurate. Not to mention the fact that your claim is a meaningless tautology "If it isn't between a man and a woman, it's not marriage". Conservatives tend to assert the conclusion rather than argue it, and hope nobody notices. But we did notice.
    False, obviously.

    No matter how much you repeat your obviously false statements, they still remain simply that: false.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  2. #562
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Hey look 2 guys playing dress up and pretending

    Gay Marriage isn't real marriage. It's sham pretend marriage.
    Who defines what a real marriage is?

    The sexual behavior that happens between those 2 men is filthy and disgusting.
    Therefore, you think that heterosexual marriages that engage in anal and oral are "sham pretend marriages?"

    Let's see just how ridiculous you are.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #563
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Your point is erroneous, and obviously so, as is your statement that it is "arbitrary" that marriage "is between a man and a woman as husband and wife".



    I've made it clear to you why mentally and emotionally intelligent society respects definitive propriety.

    It is you and those who want a quick-fix solution to the problem of getting government and private enterprise recognition of same-sex committed romantic domestic partnership civil unions that are making a mountain out of a molehill and disrespecting definitive propriety with your oxymoronic word approach.

    So, more appropriately directed, why do you care that SS-couples' relevant relationships not be called "homosexual marriage" or "homarriage"?

    That is the proper descriptive term.

    Why can't you just conform to definitive propriety like everyone else and stop agitating so much?

    If it's because it will take too long to get every state and the IRS to recognize "homarriage" statutes, that's understandable, though not an excuse.

    But if you have trouble with the proper definitive descriptive term, "homosexual marriage" or "homarriage", then my question is why does it bother you so?
    I have made it quite clear to you in the past that I find the term "homarriage" offensive. Why do you continue to use a term that others have told you they find disrespectful and demeaning? Do you have so little courtesy that you will continue to try to belittle people and their relationships to impose your point of view on them? Is this indicative of your character? Can you find no other designation for legally recognized same sex relationships than "homarriage"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #564
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Who defines what a real marriage is?
    The real question is "Who shouldn't" and my answer would be The Federal Government

    Therefore, you think that heterosexual marriages that engage in anal and oral are "sham pretend marriages?"

    Let's see just how ridiculous you are.
    Nope I sure don't. There is a biological, social and economic purpose for heterosexual sex. Heterosexuality isn't defined by deviant behavior like homosexuality is however. Sodomy is disgusting, filthy behavior regardless of gender.

  5. #565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well you are on your own there i could never support that type of hypocritical, hyperbolic partisan, Its part of the problem with politics today. You are making yourself look just like those you are describing.
    you are factually wrong because many support gay rights and are not bible thumpers
    Well your on your own beause they are in the minority!!! We all know that. Question are you denying the fact that Republicans have done this

  6. #566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Generally, the most vocally opposed to homosexuality are often closet homosexuals.
    It's classic projection. They're soaking in it.

  7. #567
    User Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-09-13 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    109

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Generally, the most vocally opposed to homosexuality are often closet homosexuals.

  8. #568
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    False, obviously.

    No matter how much you repeat your obviously false statements, they still remain simply that: false.
    "Since it's not a between a man and woman, it's not a real marriage".

    I love homophobes and their tautologies. And I love how their invalid arguments elude them.

  9. #569
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    1.)Well your on your own beause they are in the minority!!! We all know that.
    2.) Question are you denying the fact that Republicans have done this
    1.) sorry im not in the minority of this, you are wrong
    2.) of course not i never even came close to suggesting anything like that, there are SOME republicans that are like that and democrats and independants too
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #570
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    The real question is "Who shouldn't" and my answer would be The Federal Government
    We agree. The Federal government should get out of marriage entirely and let people define marriage as they see fit in their own lives. That doesn't mean your statement that they're sham marriages is correct.

    Nope I sure don't.
    Then you are a hypocrite. You bash homosexuality on "deviant sexual behavior" as your criteria to deny them marriage but refuse to apply the same standards to heterosexual marriage. You are by your own words a hypocrite. Anal and oral is fine for hetero, but not for homo. That makes no sense.

    There is a biological, social and economic purpose for heterosexual sex.
    Therefore we should ban or dissolve marriages that either will not or cannot produce children. Once women pass menopause, their marriages should be dissolved. Also, any marriage that fails to produce a child in 9 months should be dissolved too. I don't think you're going to agree with that, but you are by your own criteria a hypocrite.

    Heterosexuality isn't defined by deviant behavior like homosexuality is however. Sodomy is disgusting, filthy behavior regardless of gender.
    Then you should be for dissolving heterosexual marriages who engage in it. That's if you even care about being consistent.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •