Page 52 of 120 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #511
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,537

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    How can normal and abnormal operate under the same laws without altering them? They can't.
    Sooo.....left handed people can't function in society then? They are definitely "abnormal".
    And they're bringing us all closer to doom and destruction???????

    Nooooooooooooooooo.............

  2. #512
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Backup link: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/30/us...tate.html?_r=0

    another victory for equal rights, slowly but surely discrimination is losing and equality is winning!!!
    This applies even if they are not married? Am I reading that correctly?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #513
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Sooo.....left handed people can't function in society then? They are definitely "abnormal".
    And they're bringing us all closer to doom and destruction???????

    Nooooooooooooooooo.............
    Well us lefties do worship da devil!

  4. #514
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,537

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Get em while they're young.
    The absurdity and ignorance of the things you post is both entertaining, frightening, and aggravating.

  5. #515
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,558
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Our marriage laws were written with the traditional nuclear family in mind, whose basic constituents are a mother, a father, and a child and is the primary unit for ensuring the procreation of human beings and the preservation of our society. This is considered the normal view of marriage. The physical makeup between a man and a woman compliments one another. Same sex marriage is abnormal in comparison. How can normal and abnormal operate under the same laws without altering them? They can't.

    Your argument comes from the stance that homosexuality is normal. I do not share that view. In fact in reason believe homosexual couples who wish to establish a union between themselves insisting on government allow them to be endowed with the same marriage as in the traditional sense is for the purpose to validate to society their relationship as normal.

    There has been a great effort by advocacy groups to paint homosexual behavior as normal. There has also been a lot of sanitizing of their past relations with unpopular organizations in their earlier years of advocacy to make them more mainstream and acceptable. There is currently a push to introduce homosexuality to elementary children in public schools as being normal. Get em while they're young. It is also depicted as normal everyday through television viewing. If all a person watched on television was HGTV, they would be under the impression that 2/3 of the country is gay because every 3rd or 4th episode is either a gay decorator or a gay couple looking for a house when in fact the percentage of the population that are gay is in the single digits.
    Hmmm, so to sum all that up....YOU GOT NOTHING!!!

    Your response is just a lot of supposition, allegation, and just plain venom spewed from personal bias. Which is essentially all that arguments most same-sex marriage opponents turn out to be.

    Again, when you can point to any current law that would not apply to a same-sex married couple we can discuss it. Until then, we are still waiting.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  6. #516
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,866

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Hmmm, so to sum all that up....YOU GOT NOTHING!!!

    Your response is just a lot of supposition, allegation, and just plain venom spewed from personal bias. Which is essentially all that arguments most same-sex marriage opponents turn out to be.

    Again, when you can point to any current law that would not apply to a same-sex married couple we can discuss it. Until then, we are still waiting.
    I'm biased and you aren't?
    In other words if I don't agree with you my opinions are just plain venom spewed from personal bias? Lol

    And again no current law can be applied equally to what is normal and what is abnormal. If you can explain how homosexuality is normal then we can talk certain laws? Until then.....
    Cheers!

  7. #517
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,537

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post

    And again no current law can be applied equally to what is normal and what is abnormal. If you can explain how homosexuality is normal then we can talk certain laws? Until then.....
    Cheers!
    So left handed people can't drive in the USofA and be expected to follow the same LAWS as right handed people?????

  8. #518
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,537

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    If you can explain how homosexuality is normal then we can talk certain laws?

    Aside from who they are attracted to, explain how homosexuals are different than heterosexuals.

  9. #519
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,558
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I'm biased and you aren't?
    In other words if I don't agree with you my opinions are just plain venom spewed from personal bias? Lol

    And again no current law can be applied equally to what is normal and what is abnormal. If you can explain how homosexuality is normal then we can talk certain laws? Until then.....
    Cheers!
    Sorry, can't dodge again. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even you.

    However, YOU MADE AN ASSERTION. It then becomes your responsibility to back it up. You consistently fail to do so, offering everything OTHER than fact to back yourself up. You have no real argument. You are welcome to your opinion, but that is all it is.

    If that is all you have, then your argument to deny equal rights to American citizens fails.

    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  10. #520
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,866

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Sorry, can't dodge again. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even you.

    However, YOU MADE AN ASSERTION. It then becomes your responsibility to back it up. You consistently fail to do so, offering everything OTHER than fact to back yourself up. You have no real argument. You are welcome to your opinion, but that is all it is.

    If that is all you have, then your argument to deny equal rights to American citizens fails.

    Yes I made an assertion that gay marriage laws may not operate under traditional laws ........may not as in maybe. not can not.

    And a valid argument for that is the traditional view of marriage is the norm and if one can not prove that a homosexual marriage is normal then then the same laws can not apply equally.

    So get busy and share with me how homosexual relationships are normal and on equal footing with traditional marriage.
    Last edited by vesper; 09-10-13 at 02:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •