Page 46 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #451
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Good evening Juanita, the right of conscience is protected under the First Amendment under freedom of religion.
    James Madison the author of the Constitution spoke of matters of conscience and religion not merely as toleration but as fundamental, natural rights. You will often find the State Constitutions throughout this country echoing those thoughts and will find the words "religious conscience" or "right of conscience" included in their constitution. A good example of this is in The Virginia Declaration of Rights that was initially drafted to guarantee "fullest toleration" of religion; but Madison amended it and when it passed, it provided that "all men are entitled to the full and free exercise of [religion] according to the dictates of conscience." Madison's Memorial and Remonstrance expressed the language of rights, not toleration: "The equal right of every citizen to the free exercise of his Religion according to the dictates of conscience is held by the same tenure with all our other rights. He explained:

    The Religion then of every man must be left to the conviction and conscience of every man; and it is the right of every man to exercise it as these may dictate. . . . It is the duty of every man to render to the Creator such homage, and such only, as he believes to be acceptable to him.

    Once upon a time in this country through civics education a person didn't have to ask what right of conscience meant for they were taught the meaning of religious freedoms which includes the right of conscience in grade school. Not anymore.


    It definitely is limited tho..and cannot interfere with the peace of the state... Meaning it's laws and stability....Another words, you have the right to believe anything that you want to believe as long as it does not interfere with the rights of others..

  2. #452
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you have no facts to support your posted lies, we knew that already but i figured i asked for them to see if you would at least try
    anyway let us know when you have ANY facts to support your false claims, ANY . . . . hell ONE fact Translation: you have no facts to support your posted lies, we knew that already but i figured i asked for them to see if you would at least try
    anyway let us know when you have ANY facts to support your false claims, ANY . . . . hell ONE fact
    Go for it, I can substitute emptiness for emptiness... but whats the use?

    no mas!
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  3. #453
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Go for it, I can substitute emptiness for emptiness... but whats the use?

    no mas!
    still got nothing to support your posts huh, weird, you would think FACTS and TRUTH would be easy for your posts to support but for some reason you got nothing

    we'll, we will keep waiting, let us know when you have ANY facts to support your false claims, ANY . . . . hell ONE fact
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #454
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    It does not. That is a pure and bold faced lie.



    An intelligent human being would know two things. The first is that gay sex is perfectly natural and occurs all the time, and the reality is that gender based procreation is the mutation and abnormality because life started off reproducing asexually. The second thing you would know is that it is perfectly natural for you to be aroused sexually by a person of your gender. Yup, if we blindfolded you and had a person perform arousing sexual activity on you, you would become aroused. Worse yet if you were forced into sexual activity knowingly with a person of your gender through rape there is a pretty good possibility you would become physically aroused by the experience. It is completely natural to become aroused through sexual stimulation no matter what the gender giving it to you is. Now if those are things an educated person knows that are supported by studying nature, and things like the physical things that happen to many rape victims, what does that make you?


    Like I said, not all species. Many species are asexual, some can change genders, and sexual arousal and pleasure are practiced by many species without actual reproduction. Your argument is completely wrong because naturally we enjoy being aroused and just like many animals seek out those pleasant feelings even when we are not reproducing. Naturally sexually reproducing species do not always reproduce due to sexual activity.


    Yes, we have, and we seem to be better at that thinking thing than you are given that by your own definition of intelligent you are not. You do not know what natural is. you seem quite unaware that sexual activity can be for pleasure and does not always result in offspring. Your view seems to say that sterile people should not have sex because it won't result in offspring. You seem to think the only reason for sex is reproduction which seems to indicate pleasure and fun are not valid reasons to do anything, and all we are here for is reproduction. You even seem to think homosexuality causes damage to society despite it not being the case, and a good argument can be made that straight people produce a much higher volume of problems like violence, overpopulation, and general crazy.


    If the majority was so stupid they thought 2=2=5 then according to you we would destroy math. You just divided by zero.
    Sourcing for all those "FACTS"?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  5. #455
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I am sorry, I was just giving you back what you gave us. Would you like to actually make an argument or just call us all stupid because we do not share your ignorance?
    Mine, dear lady, is the wisdom of the ages. And I didn't call you stupid, just wrong. Intelligent people can be wrong, wise people mostly are not...your positions are not wise.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  6. #456
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Courts are a tyranny of the minority...
    Or some might call them the defense for the minority of the tyranny of the majority in a democracy. You wanted to keep gays from marriage. That is your rule. That is your tyranny. If tyranny is bad, then what does that make you? Can you please actuyally show us where you were forced to do anything gay by the decisions to allow others to practice homosexuality? You cannot because you weren't. Tyranny involves forcing you to do something. Allowing others to do something that does not effect you even though you may not find it appealing or pleasant to think of as a non-participant is not tyranny and you should be downright ashamed of being so ignorant, and thankful you can be so clueless as to what it means to suffer under the tyranny of others. Oh, and i am real sorry your tyranny was taken away from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    go through the people, see what the people want.
    You mean the tyranny of the majority? Sorry, but I would not trust you to butter my morning toast, so i am certainly not going to let you tell me who I am allowed to love. I don't care how many of you try to tell me that. It does not hurt you, so you have no say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    We don't want what you are trying to pawn off on us, sorry...just don't...you can get as mad as you want. We the people are the ones who decided such things...
    Well, actually the courts were here from the beginning because I am pretty sure the founders knew that letting the people vote directly was normally bad. Hence why we have a electoral college because they had no faith in your ability to make good choices. Second, no one is pawning anything off on you as you do not have to take anything in this case. No one made you be gay or gay married. You have no concern in the matter, and it was you who pushed your religion on others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    These, for the most part, are not laws, they are amendments to the constitution of a state. The courts cannot overturn an amendment, that is the will of the people.
    Actually they can. But I would expect nothing more from you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    The reason slavery was overturned is because a majority was for overturning slavery, study your history lady. Prohibition was overturned, properly, with another amendment to repeal it.
    You do realize that many amendments have been overturned by the courts. Not to mention the emancipation proclamation was not voted on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Again, instead of just spouting, study first.
    That coming from the guy who doesn't have a clue what the judicial can do, and that cannot even recognize the emancipation proclamation was an executive act and it seems large numbers of people disagreed with it. Perhaps you should stop studying revisionist BS history from political hacks and ignorant twits on fix noise and come back to us when by your own definition you become intelligent and have a grasp on that nature thing you claim is important.

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Mine, dear lady, is the wisdom of the ages. And I didn't call you stupid, just wrong. Intelligent people can be wrong, wise people mostly are not...you are not wise.
    So by wisdom of ages you mean you have absorbed a lot of BS and have not studied nature, the law, government, or much else outside of the words of ignorant pundits and liars. I guess an accumulation of inaccuracies and lies could be considered an ability to learn information, but I would not call it worthwhile.

  8. #458
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    It definitely is limited tho..and cannot interfere with the peace of the state... Meaning it's laws and stability....Another words, you have the right to believe anything that you want to believe as long as it does not interfere with the rights of others..
    common sense and facts like these will be ignored

    some people dont care about the rights of others though they only care about themselves
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #459
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    I would say the same thing about same sex marriage, need some real mental health care there, not the avoidance of the problem. Surely not giving into the problem, that is not a solution.

    And hardly there juanita, erasing the lines is just what will happen if you folks on the left get your way... you see, those kinda folks, father daughter, more run in the liberal circles...see, they have a better chance of getting what they want that way, they know we won't go for it on this side.

    I don't think so, Liberals consider such things disgusting.. but you are saying that you believe homosexuality is a mental health issue.. You know, of course, that this was disproved years ago.. and it was "not" a political move on the part of the mental health community.. I don't know who your God is, but mine is a God of love who created diversity of every kind and loves his creations unconditionally...which is how He wants us to love each other as well..

  10. #460
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    still got nothing to support your posts huh, weird, you would think FACTS and TRUTH would be easy for your posts to support but for some reason you got nothing

    we'll, we will keep waiting, let us know when you have ANY facts to support your false claims, ANY . . . . hell ONE fact still got nothing to support your posts huh, weird, you would think FACTS and TRUTH would be easy for your posts to support but for some reason you got nothing we'll, we will keep waiting, let us know when you have ANY facts to support your false claims, ANY . . . . hell ONE fact
    Wasting both our time with such inanity...I would suggest your pursuit of happiness elsewhere, somewhere maybe where your posts may be appreciated rather than in such substance-less posts to me...but thanks anyway
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

Page 46 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •