Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #391
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Like Agent J said....nothing negative.

    Unless of course you're a bigoted religious nut filled with hatred and hypocrisy...


    The vast majority of us are feeling secure and happy with the "changes".
    The stuck broken record syndrome. Don't agree with me? Automatically I'll call them bigots, haters, hypocrites and such. Over and over. LOL.

    You get no mileage out of that anymore . It's been way over played.

    Here's a snip from sociologist Mark Regnerus study that was published in Social Science Research, Volume 41, Issue 4 July 2012 as it relates to children of gay couples:
    "Although the findings reported herein may be explicable in part by a variety of forces uniquely problematic for child development in lesbian and gay families—including a lack of social support for parents, stress exposure resulting from persistent stigma, and modest or absent legal security for their parental and romantic relationship statuses—the empirical claim that no notable differences exist must go."

    He found kids raised by gays have more problems than by straight parents. Now he doesn't make any claim that gays can't do a good job just that overall he found their kids had more problems. That runs counter to many previous reports and he explains why. Pretty common sense stuff if a person takes the time to read it instead of the attack machine that went out of control when he published the report. The thought police hit the melt down mode on this one.

    So as vesper has been saying, a lot of thought should go into any gay marriage decisions. Marriage sets the standards for the family unit even though that unit has been under attack from the left as well for years already. Sorry ladies but single women usually make poor daddies. Not always, but usually. So now if we start adding even more strain on kids with gay parents, which the research shows higher numbers will have, what's tomorrow look like?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  2. #392
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,557

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    That's complete BS.

    Straight people have so FUBAR'd marriage it's not even funny.

    Don't tell me you support Kim K getting married to Kanye, but two "real" people in love who happen to be of the same sex can't do the same thing.

    Society isn't going to radically change because a small sub-set of something less than 5% of the overall population is allowed to get married.

    If you don't like the idea, don't do it, but don't try to prevent others from doing it.

    Kinda like drinking beer or smoking cigarettes.

  3. #393
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The fail is you not willing to recognize how much NAMBLA was associated with the modern gay rights movement. Up until just recently gays started distanting themselves from the group. Up until recently they marched in gay pride parades.



    Meet Harry Hay the founder of the Mattachine Society, the first gay rights organization in the country. The problem with Harry for gays is his support for NAMBLA. Though there has been an effort to sanitize this knowledge, NAMBLA is very open about Harry's relationship with the organization.

    Harry Hay on Man/Boy Love
    And today Harry Hay is recognized at the LGBTH history. His day is October 8th.
    Harry Hay | LGBTHistoryMonth.com

    So for you or anyone else to deny the history of the gay movement that welcomed the support of NAMBLA up until recently is revising history.

    And as we see the redefinition of marriage unfolding before our eyes under "civil rights" there is no reason to believe that other sexual preferences will not follow.
    And ****ing KKK members marched in Tea Party rallies. You want to take responsibility for them? Voting Republican leads to deportation of non-whites? "Theres no reason to believe" that such things wont follow?

    No, because that would be silly.

    By the way, there are heterosexual pedophiles. Therefore you shouldn't have the right to get married, yes? Slippery slope, man.
    Last edited by Deuce; 09-09-13 at 08:47 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #394
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    The stuck broken record syndrome. Don't agree with me? Automatically I'll call them bigots, haters, hypocrites and such. Over and over. LOL.

    You get no mileage out of that anymore . It's been way over played.

    Here's a snip from sociologist Mark Regnerus study that was published in Social Science Research, Volume 41, Issue 4 July 2012 as it relates to children of gay couples:
    "Although the findings reported herein may be explicable in part by a variety of forces uniquely problematic for child development in lesbian and gay families—including a lack of social support for parents, stress exposure resulting from persistent stigma, and modest or absent legal security for their parental and romantic relationship statuses—the empirical claim that no notable differences exist must go."

    He found kids raised by gays have more problems than by straight parents. Now he doesn't make any claim that gays can't do a good job just that overall he found their kids had more problems. That runs counter to many previous reports and he explains why. Pretty common sense stuff if a person takes the time to read it instead of the attack machine that went out of control when he published the report. The thought police hit the melt down mode on this one.

    So as vesper has been saying, a lot of thought should go into any gay marriage decisions. Marriage sets the standards for the family unit even though that unit has been under attack from the left as well for years already. Sorry ladies but single women usually make poor daddies. Not always, but usually. So now if we start adding even more strain on kids with gay parents, which the research shows higher numbers will have, what's tomorrow look like?
    Kids raised by gays have more trouble than other kids because of ****ing people like you downloading your **** onto your children. And because the system you are right now defending gives the parents that trouble.

    The man is saying this is your fault.
    Last edited by Deuce; 09-09-13 at 08:48 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Kids raised by gays have more trouble than other kids because of ****ing people like you downloading your **** onto your children. And because the system you are right now defending gives the parents that trouble.

    The man is saying this is your fault.
    That tactic always amazed me. They care so much about the children, but yet it is people who are part of the anti-gay crowd who have made it an issue for children being raised by gays and caused the problem. there would be absolutely no problem with children of homosexual parents if there was not any homophobes who become vindictive against family members because the gay people don't care about their disapproval. If they do not like the children of homosexuals suffering abuse the religious right and the homophobe society need to STFU and stop abusing them for actions that are not theirs. Oddly these same people seem to be the ones who oppose anti-bullying laws so fervently because it takes away one of their larger arguments, and their biggest way of intimidating gays and making their lives more miserable.

    One should also note that the damage done to children from failed straight marriages and mistakes with pregnancy are issues that right now do not effect gay parents. Without being forced into straight relationships out of fear of retaliation for looking gay, homosexuals have far less unintended unplanned pregnancies, and their marriages are presently more stable on average and last longer than straight marriages presently do. Being that a true homosexual couple has to plan for a child and does not just accidentally get pregnant from homosexual sexual activity they know they are at least starting in a prepared position for a child. Being that they have had to fight for marriage and it is not something they could do on a whim in vegas because they were drunk they have made far fewer mistakes in marriage as straights. now one of those issues will change as gay marriage becomes as accesible as straight marriage, but their unintended and unwanted children stats are dropping as sham straight marriages become less common because they are not necessary anymore. It may turn out that due to the fact gays need to chose to become pregnant and make an active choice in the matter their parenting may be better than straights who will always have accidental and unplanned pregnancies plaguing them. Only time will tell on that one.

  6. #396
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    well we are at 40 pages now

    do anybody have any FACTUAL NEGATIVE consequences, any?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #397
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,886

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    And ****ing KKK members marched in Tea Party rallies. You want to take responsibility for them? Voting Republican leads to deportation of non-whites? "Theres no reason to believe" that such things wont follow?

    No, because that would be silly.

    By the way, there are heterosexual pedophiles. Therefore you shouldn't have the right to get married, yes? Slippery slope, man.
    Seems to me the darling of the KKK is the forever Robert Byrd, W. Va Senator of West Virginia,,,,,,,Democrat. And the rest of the Dixiecrats.

    Your hyperbole shows the weakness in your argument
    Someone points out the association of some with NAMBLA with the gay rights movement and you fall apart because you can't justify it.
    So you attack the Tea Party? When the biggest arrogant bastards in promotion of the KKK were the friggin Democrats. (AKA Dixiecrats}
    But hey when your losing a battle what better time than to play the f-ing race card!


    ;.

  8. #398
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    That's complete BS.

    Straight people have so FUBAR'd marriage it's not even funny.

    Don't tell me you support Kim K getting married to Kanye, but two "real" people in love who happen to be of the same sex can't do the same thing.

    Society isn't going to radically change because a small sub-set of something less than 5% of the overall population is allowed to get married.

    If you don't like the idea, don't do it, but don't try to prevent others from doing it.

    Kinda like drinking beer or smoking cigarettes.
    its all nonsense the anti-equal rights and anti gay marriage posts getting destroyed in this thread are hilarious
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #399
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,886

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well we are at 40 pages now

    do anybody have any FACTUAL NEGATIVE consequences, any?

    It doesn't matter if the consequences were reported through valid studies, through personal experiences, through statistics collected by the government You sure as hell ain't about to accept them cause your intolerant one minded self won't allow you to and instead of responding to such things it is easier to keep eluding that you have the "facts" and everyone else is full of ****. What a cop out. What a bogus façade you hide behind.

  10. #400
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    The stuck broken record syndrome. Don't agree with me? Automatically I'll call them bigots, haters, hypocrites and such. Over and over. LOL.

    You get no mileage out of that anymore . It's been way over played.

    Here's a snip from sociologist Mark Regnerus study that was published in Social Science Research, Volume 41, Issue 4 July 2012 as it relates to children of gay couples:
    "Although the findings reported herein may be explicable in part by a variety of forces uniquely problematic for child development in lesbian and gay families—including a lack of social support for parents, stress exposure resulting from persistent stigma, and modest or absent legal security for their parental and romantic relationship statuses—the empirical claim that no notable differences exist must go."

    He found kids raised by gays have more problems than by straight parents. Now he doesn't make any claim that gays can't do a good job just that overall he found their kids had more problems. That runs counter to many previous reports and he explains why. Pretty common sense stuff if a person takes the time to read it instead of the attack machine that went out of control when he published the report. The thought police hit the melt down mode on this one.

    So as vesper has been saying, a lot of thought should go into any gay marriage decisions. Marriage sets the standards for the family unit even though that unit has been under attack from the left as well for years already. Sorry ladies but single women usually make poor daddies. Not always, but usually. So now if we start adding even more strain on kids with gay parents, which the research shows higher numbers will have, what's tomorrow look like?
    REGNERUS: I got taken to task for leaning on young adults’ assessments of their parents’ relationships. I didn’t ask them whether they thought their mom was a lesbian or if their dad was gay. Because, in part, self-identity is a different kind of thing than behavior, and lot of people weren’t “out” in that era. I think we can all think of moms and dads when we were growing up that we either knew or suspected were gay or lesbian, but never “came out of the closet,” so to speak. So, I didn’t want to make the assumption that these young adults would identify their parents as gay or lesbian, so I kept the focus on relationship behavior. [...]
    And when pushed, a lot of people who were critics of mine will say: “Yeah, we know that, obviously, family structure matters,” and then they’ll complain, “Why didn’t you find many stably coupled lesbians?” Well, they just were not that common in the nationally representative population. There were two cases where they said the mom and her partner lived together for 18 years. There was another several who lived together for 15 or 13 years. So, stability in the sense of long-term was not common. And frankly, it’s not all that common among heterosexual population. I take pains in the study to say this is not about saying gay or lesbian parents are inherently bad. [...]
    I’d be more careful about the language I used to describe people whose parents had same-sex relationships. I said “lesbian mothers” and “gay fathers,” when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation; I do know about their same-sex relationship behavior. But as far as the findings themselves, I stand behind them.
    Mark Regnerus Admits His 'Family Structures' Study Wasn't About Gay Parenting | ThinkProgress

Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •