Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #271
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You have become extremely circular and predictable in your repeated attempts to equate same-sex marriage with pedophilia.

    Men have been marrying women since the dawn of time and there is still an age of consent. In fact it's only been relatively recent that the age for consent has been raised, NOT lowered.

    Allowing same-sex marriage isn't going to shift age of consent laws. It's not going to happen no matter how much you insist it will.

    History has proven that you are wrong here. We protect our children.

    Do you know what ages were considered socially acceptable for marriage during biblical times? Much younger than today's standards.

    Stop the circular repeating statements that carry no credibility.
    I'm not connecting same sex marriage with pedophilia. But NAMBLA gives a clear connection between pedophilia and homosexuality.

    My argument has always been the changing of the LAW to redefine marriage and how it opens the doors to other sexual orientations and their claim to "civil rights".

    And in response about age of consent never changing........A lot folks never thought marriage would ever be redefined either.

  2. #272
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The definition of marriage has forever changed because of same sex marriage.
    I just gave you a valid example how through the children books that are being written and placed in the libraries of our schools promote man boy relationships. A good portion of the next generation is not going to see any thing wrong with it due to the influences they are receiving in our public schools. At the very least it is going to confuse them. And just like you don't see anything wrong with a same sex relationships they aren't going to see anything wrong with a man/boy relationship. The foundation is being laid for it just like the acceptance of gay marriage was through media and other outlets to be the new norm. It's coming..... so where do you draw the line?
    It wasn't as valid as you think it was.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #273
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I'm not connecting same sex marriage with pedophilia. But NAMBLA gives a clear connection between pedophilia with homosexuality.

    My argument has always been the changing of the LAW to redefine marriage and how it opens the doors to other sexual orientations and their claim to "civil rights".

    A lot folks never thought marriage would ever be redefined either.
    How come interracial marriage didn't open the doors for pedophilia?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,557

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I'm not connecting same sex marriage with pedophilia. But NAMBLA gives a clear connection between pedophilia and homosexuality.

    And Westboro Baptists are clearly connected to Christianity. Right?

    NAMBLA is pedophiles.

    There are straight pedophiles. In fact most pedophiles are straight.

    Therefore straight marriage is far more a threat to unleashing social acceptance of pedophilia than same-sex marriage.


    YOU FAIL on every level.

    Stop associating same-sex marriage with NAMBLA and therefore trying to link same-sex marriage with socially acceptable pedophilia.

    Straight people pose far more danger to children than gay people do. Now that's FACT.

  5. #275
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This exemplifies the problem with many posts from "antis" on this topic. They confuse providing facts with encouraging. In our schools, providing facts, such as teaching that there is nothing dangerous about homosexuality (there IS something dangerous about risky sexual behavior regardless of orientation) and that homosexuality is not a disorder (proven through research since the '60's), amongst other pieces of information does not equate to promoting it any more than providing information about sexual activity promotes having sex. There is no reason to promote any kind of sexual activity or orientation. They exist. It is the school's job to provide information, which is what they do.
    Well, I am sure you feel providing condoms are not encouraging kids to have sex either. If you handed out candy bars, think that might encourage them to eat them?

    I am sure that you feel it justified that when schools go into direct opposition to many parents, as well as their churches, who are trying to, have the exclusive full right to, teach their kids about morality as they see it…then the majority of school children, being public school students, attend where they teach otherwise, in direct contradiction to their parents and their faith. I am sure you must think this sexual, as well as all the other confusions, confusion that is inevitably created is good for kids.

    Our kids need none of this information provided in our schools and you know it.

    What, to you, is not encouragement we would certainly differ on. Besides which, I have seen it proven to you on here, that the decision to withdraw homosexuality as a disorder was far more a political decision than anything else.

    You having brought it up, I would also suggest, tho a bit off topic here, that since we have been giving explicit sex education classes that these, indeed, have taken away much of the anxiety, the fear that was associated with sex to the uninitiated. This encouraged far more promiscuity among those student populations. So education along with its co-horts in crime, our heavily degenerate and left biased mass media… as well as openly disgraceful conduct of many of our leaders [ think BJs didn’t become a lot more common, almost ubiquitous, with under aged boys and girls after the BJ Clinton/Monica episode? ] we have an unneccessarily sexed up student population...like they needed more encouragement. Under aged/teenage sex does not hurt anything either, right? Just leads to more sexually transmitted diseases, unwanted pregnancies, abortions, depression/frustration/dissatisfaction long term and living in poverty for most of those who choose to keep their children in that unfortunate circumstance.

    IT IS NOT A SCHOOL’S JOB TO INDOCTRINATE OUR CHILDREN WITH YOUR SIDE'S BELIEF SYSTEMS. Anymore than you might not support, if the other side got its way and took over education the way the left has then started teaching, say religious beliefs… Your belief system should not hold sway just because there was a vacuum created, sorry.



    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This is interesting. I have debated this topic for quite some time and have always found it to be the dogmatic conservatives who have little knowledge on this topic, argue positions using logical fallacies, and make ad homs when backed into a corner after their arguments have been debunked. There are plenty of threads on this topic that prove me correct on this.
    Yeah, well, you have not debated many folks on that “other side” very much then. I also am aware from previous debate, that anything you do not believe magically becomes a "logical fallacy". Ad homs and straw men are the libs go to arguments, besides the “just shut up, you racist, homophobe, misogynist…”you can take your pick from a long list of the shut-up-added-to-ad homs utilized by libs. Why don’t you go back and add up all the ad homs by libs vs cons and divide by how many of from each side....and I am pretty sure there will be far more by libs. But you can prove me wrong, its your statement to back up or not. My impression is you won’t.



    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It is important to not confuse one's beliefs with factual information. You certainly can believe what you want; that does not mean that these beliefs translate into facts.
    Right back at ya Cap’n.
    Last edited by Gaugingcatenate; 09-08-13 at 11:28 AM.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  6. #276
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    And Westboro Baptists are clearly connected to Christianity. Right?

    NAMBLA is pedophiles.

    There are straight pedophiles. In fact most pedophiles are straight.

    Therefore straight marriage is far more a threat to unleashing social acceptance of pedophilia than same-sex marriage.


    YOU FAIL on every level.

    Stop associating same-sex marriage with NAMBLA and therefore trying to link same-sex marriage with socially acceptable pedophilia.

    Straight people pose far more danger to children than gay people do. Now that's FACT.
    The fail is you not willing to recognize how much NAMBLA was associated with the modern gay rights movement. Up until just recently gays started distanting themselves from the group. Up until recently they marched in gay pride parades.



    Meet Harry Hay the founder of the Mattachine Society, the first gay rights organization in the country. The problem with Harry for gays is his support for NAMBLA. Though there has been an effort to sanitize this knowledge, NAMBLA is very open about Harry's relationship with the organization.

    http://www.nambla.org/hayonmanboylove.html
    And today Harry Hay is recognized at the LGBTH history. His day is October 8th.
    http://lgbthistorymonth.com/harry-hay?tab=biography

    So for you or anyone else to deny the history of the gay movement that welcomed the support of NAMBLA up until recently is revising history.

    And as we see the redefinition of marriage unfolding before our eyes under "civil rights" there is no reason to believe that other sexual preferences will not follow.

  7. #277
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,557

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Sigh...we have, in the USofA:

    KKK
    Westboro Baptist
    FLDS
    Nazi/White Supremacist groups
    Black Panthers
    Crips
    Bloods
    M13
    Mafia

    You can be frightened to death of all kinds of things.

    Just because NAMBLA exists, doesn't mean they're ever going to gain credibility.

    Children are in far more danger from family members than strangers.

    Stop fear-mongering and evading the topic with irrational topics that have NOTHING to do with same-sex marriage.

  8. #278
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    People who support gay marriage need to understand that when marriage is redefined in LAW it lays the foundation for all different types of sexual orientations to be pursued in the name of Civil Rights and that their practices be recognized lawful. Since morality in a religious sense can't be used as an argument against gay marriage, it can not be used in relationships like what NAMBLA promotes either. Nor can it be used as an argument against incest relationships. In other words because of changing the definition of marriage and all the discrimination laws associated with it has open the door for all sexual orientations to have rights. Some of them you may not be willing to support just like those today who do not support gay marriage but because of the discrimination laws being written today over gay marriage and sexual orientation, you will be forced to. And just like you are not willing to respect the religious conscience of those who deny services over gay marriage claiming them to be discrimination, some day down the road when you can no longer support something, you too will be charged with discrimination and because you were unable to stand up for the rights of conscience of others, will be denied your rights.

    Let the buyer beware.
    I always laugh when i see this dishonest, illogical, inane argument, its always a complete strawman and failure. Does anybody ever fall for it?
    reminds me of all the failed arguments people had in the past for equal rights for women and minorities and interracial marriage. THey were stupid and failed arguments then and that remains true today.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #279
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You can call it a slippery slope logical fallacy all you want, but in LAW it has legs.
    actually LAW is exactly what keeps it from having legs, law along with common sense and facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #280
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    How come interracial marriage didn't open the doors for pedophilia?
    or bestiality dont forget bestiality!!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •