Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #201
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    the issue is getting it back to the supreme court. I know it is a hot topic but we haven't seen a major abortion case in the SC since Roe vs. Wade, and that is certainly a hot topic. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the SC rule that barring people from marriage due to sexual preference is illegal, but I just don't see it happening universally for a longer period of time.
    i think its gonna happen, its almost bound to now with the fall of doma and the IRS ruling

    some hospital is going to deny visitation to a same sex couple or deny them spousal privileges. Or some hospital is going to not notify next of kin or spouse.
    maybe even something negative like some spouse will cheat in another state, is it cheating?
    of a spouse will sadly die in another state and that state will try to keep the car or something dumb

    something is gonna happen to push it IMO

    some of theses states and people are too dumb

    you could be right but im putting my money on 5 years
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #202
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Did ya notice she is from Texas
    what are you implying lol
    hey san antonio just passed some equal gay rights legislation.
    see theres hope
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #203
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    i think its gonna happen, its almost bound to now with the fall of doma and the IRS ruling

    some hospital is going to deny visitation to a same sex couple or deny them spousal privileges. Or some hospital is going to not notify next of kin or spouse.
    maybe even something negative like some spouse will cheat in another state, is it cheating?
    of a spouse will sadly die in another state and that state will try to keep the car or something dumb

    something is gonna happen to push it IMO

    some of theses states and people are too dumb

    you could be right but im putting my money on 5 years
    I don't disagree that there could be cases that might reach the SC, but in reality the SC shies away from making the ruling. If they REALLY wanted to they could have shot down Californias ban on SSM and set the precedent. Alas, they said they did not have the jurisdiction and sent it back down to the California SC which in turn shot it down. That alone tells me they are not ready to make a national statement that anti- gay marriage laws will not be accepted. do agree there are some very dumb and naive people in this country though :d
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  4. #204
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    what are you implying lol
    hey san antonio just passed some equal gay rights legislation.
    see theres hope
    We're not all lonney tune conservatives down here!

  5. #205
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    To re-define the word "sodomy" as something straight people do in a loving and committed relationship is what's asinine and absurd. Where did you come up with that nonsensical definition anyway?

    You are correct though in defining it in terms of oral and anal sex - and here's why (from an answer I've already provided in a thread you started elsewhere):

    The word "sodomite" comes from a narrative in the bible, specifically from Genesis 19:4f - The word "sodomy" generally refers to the behavior of those men of Sodom who wanted to have sex with ("know") the two men visiting Lot. The bible doesn't use the word "sodomy" per se; but the behavior is quite clear - men wanting to have sex with other men - and it is regarded variously in the bible as "worthless," "wicked," "exceedingly wicked," "abominable" and so forth...

    In that example, the two men with whom the Sodomite men wanted to have sex were angels, sent to rescue Lot and his family from God's judgment on Sodom.

    There's another, similar example in the bible - in Judges 19, where a Levite was visiting a town in Gibeah and staying with someone there:
    Same scenario, the men of the city wanted to have sex with the Levite priest visiting Gibeah.

    The outcome of that incident was a civil war that wiped out the tribe of Benjamin.

    So "sodomy" is a specific reference to men of the town of Sodom wanting to have sex with other men. Without going into the sordid details, the various ways men can have sex with one another are rather limited - but oral and anal are certainly included.

    Suggesting a man and a woman engaging in oral or anal sex is "sodomy" is an intentional re-definition of the word - which purpose is little more than a vain attempt to pretend that oral and anal sex by two men (i.e. sodomy) is somehow "normal" because men and women can engage in oral and anal sex too.

    So you are completely in the wrong - sodomy most definitely and conclusively is sex between two or more men; exclusively sex between two or more men.
    You are simply just soooo wrong on so many levels:

    First, many many homosexuals are in the same type of beautiful, loving committed relationships are heterosexuals.

    Second, Sodomy is not exclusive to gays. I would bet that the vast majority of Heterosexual couples engage in sodomy as well.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #206
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    I don't disagree that there could be cases that might reach the SC, but in reality the SC shies away from making the ruling. If they REALLY wanted to they could have shot down Californias ban on SSM and set the precedent. Alas, they said they did not have the jurisdiction and sent it back down to the California SC which in turn shot it down. That alone tells me they are not ready to make a national statement that anti- gay marriage laws will not be accepted. do agree there are some very dumb and naive people in this country though :d
    well i agree they do get gun shy on certain things but i think a case is gonna present itself where they have no choice

    i figured they would side step prop 8 because it simply wasnt direct enough, they had an out and they took it.

    but all we need is one direct case, with the precedence set that marriage is a right, DOMA falling, IRS rulings, and state supreme court precedence ruling banning are a violation of equality the stage is set.

    is gonna be a big old melon ball right down the middle of the plate

    hey maybe im too optimistic but hell just a couple years ago i would have said 10-15 years and i didnt expect 13 states to have it by now or doma to fall.
    hell 15 years ago i didnt think id even get close to seeing it in my life time i thought only my daughter would.

    So my outlook as changed and its positive
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #207
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    LMAO I already have>
    Ha ha ha...Maybe in your own mind...I might even, out of charity, agree with you, but then we would both be wrong...
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  8. #208
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well i agree they do get gun shy on certain things but i think a case is gonna present itself where they have no choice

    i figured they would side step prop 8 because it simply wasnt direct enough, they had an out and they took it.

    but all we need is one direct case, with the precedence set that marriage is a right, DOMA falling, IRS rulings, and state supreme court precedence ruling banning are a violation of equality the stage is set.

    is gonna be a big old melon ball right down the middle of the plate

    hey maybe im too optimistic but hell just a couple years ago i would have said 10-15 years and i didnt expect 13 states to have it by now or doma to fall.
    hell 15 years ago i didnt think id even get close to seeing it in my life time i thought only my daughter would.

    So my outlook as changed and its positive
    I see what you are saying totally. I'm in the same boat as you, hoping that something will present itself and somebody will have the balls to make a change. Either way at least we know it is just a matter of time now, just depends on how much time!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  9. #209
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You are simply just soooo wrong on so many levels:

    Second, Sodomy is not exclusive to gays. I would bet that the vast majority of Heterosexual couples engage in sodomy as well.
    Did you even read his post? Maybe it was it too long, or too informative, too detailed, too complex?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  10. #210
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Moderator's Warning:
    On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]Going to remind people, one last time, to cut out the baiting, trolling, and flaming. If someone else is doing it and you respond in kind understand you're just as guilty of breaking the rules and you too will potentially suffer consequences. STICK TO THE TOPIC and the arguments people are presenting. Your commentary about other posters aren't needed and aren't welcome

Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •