Page 113 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #1121
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you still got nothing
    nope facts prove thats all your argument is and its a failed one but please continue to try and deflect it only exposes your failed strawman further.

    your argument is a false made up one that you argue against to feel better about your failed potion. Classic strawman.

    let us know when you have something else, something relevant and factual.
    Translation: you still haven't a clue what a strawman is, let alone how to identify one.

    Moreover, simply repeating "you got nothing" negates nothing I've got. You simply don't know what to do with it or how to address it, except to repeatedly wail "you got nothing." So demonstrably, the only one who's "got nothing" is you - well, besides your opinions, to which you're entitled, btw.

    I however continue to accurately and factually assert the deviancy, the perversity, the gross self-indulgence that is homosexual behavior.

    All you can do is ridicule, deny, say you disagree, say "I've got nothing," or assert that the above is [somehow] a strawman.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  2. #1122
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I'm calling the Canadian coppers on you! Good lawd, you have no concept of reality here. We've had gay marriage for over 10 years, and, apart from more Canadian citizens being on the same-level playing field, nothing has changed.
    Did or did not the Canadian supreme court rule that Biblical speech opposing homosexual behavior, including in written form, is essentially a hate crime (see post 1105 above)?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  3. #1123
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    1.)Translation: you still haven't a clue what a strawman is, let alone how to identify one.

    2.) Moreover, simply repeating "you got nothing" negates nothing I've got. You simply don't know what to do with it or how to address it, except to repeatedly wail "you got nothing." So demonstrably, the only one who's "got nothing" is you - well, besides your opinions, to which you're entitled, btw.

    3.) I however continue to accurately and factually assert the deviancy, the perversity, the gross self-indulgence that is homosexual behavior.
    4.) All you can do is ridicule, deny, say you disagree, say "I've got nothing," or assert that the above is [somehow] a strawman.
    1.) nice try but the facts disagree with you. try again
    2.) deflection noted
    3.) your meaningless opinion noted
    4.) another failed deflection noted

    again let us know when you have anything factual to back up your false claims and failed strawman . . . . ANYTHING factual . . . . .
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1124
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Did or did not the Canadian supreme court rule that Biblical speech opposing homosexual behavior, including in written form, is essentially a hate crime (see post 1105 above)?
    No. The court ruled that speech promoting hate will not be tolerated as per our hate speech laws.

    Whatcott published and distributed four anti-gay flyers in Saskatchewan that used words like "filth," "propaganda" and "sodomy" to describe gay relationships and discussions of equality.

    On Wednesday, the Supreme Court held that the first two flyers, titled "Keep homosexuality out of Saskatoon's public schools" and "Sodomites in our public schools," did constitute hate speech and reinstated the Saskatchewan tribunal's finding, including $7,500 in fines against Whatcott.

    The Court upheld an appeal court's decision on the second two flyers — photocopies of classified ads with Whatcott's handwritten comments on them stating the ads were for "men seeking boys" — ruling against the human rights commission.

    It found that it was unreasonable to find the second two flyers "contain expression that a reasonable person … would find as exposing or likely to expose persons of same-sex orientation to detestation and vilification."

    Whatcott’s is the latest in a string of court challenges that have helped shape Canada’s free speech and hate crime laws, as well as their interpretation by the courts.

    Here are several other notable cases that have helped set precedent for how the legal system balances what is considered a hate crime and what constitutes freedom of speech.

    When is it hate speech?: 7 significant Canadian cases - Canada - CBC News
    Back in the 90's, a German immigrant was deported because of the promotion of hate speech. He believed that the Holocaust did not happen and pushed his beliefs onto his students.

    There are very few cases in which hate speech goes as far as the Supreme Court. Not agreeing with gay marriage does not constitute hate.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  5. #1125
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    >


    Here is a link to their rulling -->> Supreme Court of Canada - Decisions


    >>>>

  6. #1126
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nice try but the facts disagree with you. try again
    What facts? You have yet to provide ONE fact - pertaining to ANYTHING.

    Heck, I can't even play with your saying "nice try" all the time because you have yet to "try" posting anything factual.

    And still no attempt whatsoever to demonstrate you know what a strawman is despite the wealth of obvious evidence you don't (reference all your posts where you incorrectly assert "strawman!"). I guess I CAN say "nice try" there, but honestly, who cares and why bother anyway?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) deflection noted
    Deflecting [supposed] Deflection? Are you sure it's not... dare I say... a "strawman?"

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3.) your meaningless opinion noted
    As are [unfortunately] all of yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    4.) another failed deflection noted
    Again, no attempt whatsoever to backup your own claims. CONSISTENTLY refusing any attempt to do so either - which can only be interpreted one way - that you know you got nothing so you do the only thing you know how to do well which is say repeatedly "you got nothing" (projection) and / or assert "strawman!" demonstrating anew your lack of understanding there as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    again let us know when you have anything factual to back up your false claims and failed strawman . . . . ANYTHING factual . . . . .
    Again, an appeal for facts does not constitute providing facts yourself. You have nothing. You've provided nothing, save for a host of meaningless opinions about supposed.... "stuff."

    You've repeatedly, and ad-nauseum asserted nothing except "you've got nothing." That pretty much sums up the definition of projection there.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  7. #1127
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    1.)What facts? You have yet to provide ONE fact - pertaining to ANYTHING. HHeck, I can't even play with your saying "nice try" all the time because you have yet to "try" posting anything factual.

    And still no attempt whatsoever to demonstrate you know what a strawman is despite the wealth of obvious evidence you don't (reference all your posts where you incorrectly assert "strawman!"). I guess I CAN say "nice try" there, but honestly, who cares and why bother anyway?

    2.)Deflecting [supposed] Deflection? Are you sure it's not... dare I say... a "strawman?"

    3.)As are [unfortunately] all of yours.

    Again, no attempt whatsoever to backup your own claims. CONSISTENTLY refusing any attempt to do so either - which can only be interpreted one way - that you know you got nothing so you do the only thing you know how to do well which is say repeatedly "you got nothing" (projection) and / or assert "strawman!" demonstrating anew your lack of understanding there as well.

    4.)Again, an appeal for facts does not constitute providing facts yourself. You have nothing. You've provided nothing, save for a host of meaningless opinions about supposed.... "stuff."

    5.) You've repeatedly, and ad-nauseum asserted nothing except "you've got nothing." That pretty much sums up the definition of projection there.
    1.) actually i did see previous posts, you dodged them, nothing changes that fact, keep trying to sell this lie though its very entertaining
    2.) double down on your deflection noted
    3.) another failed deflection
    4.) a triple down on your deflection and lie. SOrry post history proves you wrong
    5.) its cute you think this works on honest posters, it doesnt, it fails every time and its why we are laughing at your failed posts. Keep trying its hilarious.
    again let us know when you have anything factual to back up your false claims and failed strawman . . . . ANYTHING factual . . . . .
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1128
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) actually i did see previous posts, you dodged them, nothing changes that fact, keep trying to sell this lie though its very entertaining
    2.) double down on your deflection noted
    3.) another failed deflection
    4.) a triple down on your deflection and lie. SOrry post history proves you wrong
    5.) its cute you think this works on honest posters, it doesnt, it fails every time and its why we are laughing at your failed posts. Keep trying its hilarious.
    again let us know when you have anything factual to back up your false claims and failed strawman . . . . ANYTHING factual . . . . .
    Repeating the same thing over and over again, deflecting and projecting while in the process stubbornly asserting some special right not to have to provide one shred of anything factual yourself does not in itself remotely constitute "facts."

    Merely SAYING "deflection," "you got nothing," "it's hilarious" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ad-nauseum means nothing. Squat - which is evidence itself that that's all you got. Moreover, I think we're seeing the formal genesis here of a new logical fallacy being defined in the exercise of this nonsense. I haven't a name for it yet, but rest assured when I do, you'll get the credit you deserve.

    Anyway, until such a time as someone can demonstrate (rhetorically, please) how two grown adult men lustfully gorging themselves on one another, or sexually sating one another via any of their orifices, or romantically kissing or showing any other form of romantic affection is "normal" behavior, my assertions that such behavior is deviant, perverse, and grossly self-indulgent stand as correct and factual - as do the assertions that two such individuals who seek the special benefits society confers on the marriage of a man and a woman are just as deviant, perverse, and grossly self-indulgent as their behaviors in beds, baths, arcades, clubs or wherever.

    And that, my friend, like it or not, agree with it or not, believe it or not, is fact.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  9. #1129
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Repeating the same thing over and over again, deflecting and projecting while in the process stubbornly asserting some special right not to have to provide one shred of anything factual yourself does not in itself remotely constitute "facts."

    Merely SAYING "deflection," "you got nothing," "it's hilarious" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ad-nauseum means nothing. Squat - which is evidence itself that that's all you got. Moreover, I think we're seeing the formal genesis here of a new logical fallacy being defined in the exercise of this nonsense. I haven't a name for it yet, but rest assured when I do, you'll get the credit you deserve.

    Anyway, until such a time as someone can demonstrate (rhetorically, please) how two grown adult men lustfully gorging themselves on one another, or sexually sating one another via any of their orifices, or romantically kissing or showing any other form of romantic affection is "normal" behavior, my assertions that such behavior is deviant, perverse, and grossly self-indulgent stand as correct and factual - as do the assertions that two such individuals who seek the special benefits society confers on the marriage of a man and a woman are just as deviant, perverse, and grossly self-indulgent as their behaviors in beds, baths, arcades, clubs or wherever.

    And that, my friend, like it or not, agree with it or not, believe it or not, is fact.
    wired another long post that changes nothing, you strawman is still a complete failure as pointed out by me and others with facts.
    and NO nothign you said above is a fact, nobody is honest and educated on the topic is fooled by it, keep trying though we love it
    the only fact is, your strawman is a complete failure. Post 1106 proves that among others.
    again let us know when you have anything factual to back up your false claims and failed strawman . . . . ANYTHING factual . . . . .
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1130
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    wired another long post that changes nothing, you strawman is still a complete failure as pointed out by me and others with facts.
    and NO nothign you said above is a fact, nobody is honest and educated on the topic is fooled by it, keep trying though we love it
    the only fact is, your strawman is a complete failure. Post 1106 proves that among others.
    again let us know when you have anything factual to back up your false claims and failed strawman . . . . ANYTHING factual . . . . .
    Well I have to give you credit, you are anything if not consistent. Your posts are completely vacuous, but you are consistent.

    Regardless, until such a time as someone - anyone - even (dare I suggest) you Agent J can demonstrate (rhetorically, please) how two grown adult men lustfully gorging themselves on one another, or sexually sating one another via any of their orifices, or romantically kissing or showing any other form of romantic affection is "normal" behavior, my assertions that such behavior is deviant, perverse, and grossly self-indulgent stand as correct and factual - as do the assertions that two such individuals who seek the special benefits society confers on the marriage of a man and a woman are just as deviant, perverse, and grossly self-indulgent as their behaviors in beds, baths, arcades, clubs or wherever.

    And that, my friend, like it or not, agree with it or not, believe it or not, is fact. It's no "strawman." It's FACT. Moreover, and more persuasively, it's simple, everyday, basic common sense.

    Now, since you claim you are "honest and educated" on the topic - perhaps you'll regale us with evidence of such honesty and education and answer the question above rather than repeatedly dodge it?

    I'll be here....
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •