Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1200

Thread: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

  1. #1111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Somehow I don't think Deuce is a conservative. KWIM?

    Moreover, I have NEVER spouted such BS, for that's precisely what it is - and illogical on its face. And given I know of no conservatives who employ such arguments, it's very very likely what arguments they have put forth that perhaps seem similar were completely misconstrued, misrepresented, and/or totally misunderstood. THAT I wouldn't find the least bit surprising in discussions like this.
    There have been conservatives who have blamed gays.

  2. #1112
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There have been conservatives who have blamed gays.

    OMG!!!! The Currant? Really?

    Good grief man....Know your source....

    The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. It is accessible from over 190 countries worldwide - now including South Sudan.

    Our mission is to ridicule the timid ignorance which obstructs our progress, and promote intelligence - which presses forward.



    Q. Are your news stories real?

    A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world

    About - The Daily Currant
    I mean it's right there dude...All it took was one click before you made yourself look foolish.

    Post: Oh my good one....you just posted without checking the site you were quoting, then you quickly found out that it was a satirical site, and removed, and changed your entire post....Now you'll probably say you never even posted it........Carry on.
    Last edited by j-mac; 09-23-13 at 12:03 PM.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    OMG!!!! The Currant? Really?

    Good grief man....Know your source....



    I mean it's right there dude...All it took was one click before you made yourself look foolish.
    Yeah, that's why I removed it. The one looking foolish is you in trying some "gotcha" game. Removed it in less than one minute and it took you 6 minutes to try and write a gotcha post. Pathetic on your part.

  4. #1114
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah, that's why I removed it. The one looking foolish is you in trying some "gotcha" game. Removed it in less than one minute and it took you 6 minutes to try and write a gotcha post. Pathetic on your part.
    Yeah, my chrome is acting up...piece of junk.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1115
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The law isn't about your opinion. The law doesn't change your opinion. The law being changed says the government will recognize somebody else's marriage. What on earth do you think that has to do with you? Like, somebody is going to come to your house and make sure you're approving of every same-sex wedding? I don't get it. What do you think this has to do with you?
    I never said the law was about my opinion, neither did I say or imply it would change my opinion. Moreover, that doesn't answer the question - "Then why the law?" - which question I put to your assertion that force plays no role whatsoever in this issue. What in the world do you think a law is???? Do you think it some benign entity that we can regard voluntarily? That's absurd on its face.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Public accommodation businesses don't have the same rights to discriminate. I'm a pilot. I cannot kick you off my airplane for being a Christian. It's against the law.
    And if you did... you'd experience the ramifications of law - force. The law forces you to accept Christian passengers. There are penalties if you don't - penalties which constitute the very definition of "FORCE." Your compliance with the law isn't voluntary, it's mandatory.

    And besides that - you ignored the other example, the first amendment issue ala the Canadian supreme court.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, I ask those silly questions to demonstrate my point, which you've confirmed quite nicely: you cannot demonstrate any harm caused to you, or anybody else, by two dudes getting married.
    You've either ignored or misconstrued or misrepresented everything I've said and in the process demonstrated precisely squat, save perhaps your bigotry and hatred towards conservatives, Christians, and / or anyone who disagrees with the homosexual agenda. Moreover, I gave you a perfectly valid example of the sort of harm we fear - fears we're seeing realized right now in Canada as well as growing across this nation. Do you think it a trivial thing that speaking out against homosexuality now has precedent as being a "hate crime?" Do you think that has no impact on you just because you support homosexuality?

    Yet again, I need to re-assert what I've previously asserted that I don't agree with or support the use of secular legislation to enforce or prohibit behaviors with which I disagree on a moral basis. Homosexual behavior is a reprehensible, deviant, and abominable behavior. It's perversion at its rawest, self-indulgence at its grossest. But do I think we should employ legislation to prevent it? No.

    Can it harm me now? Absolutely it can. Canada already considers speaking out against it as a "hate crime." Similar pressure is being applied to make it so here too. It is now illegal to "discriminate" against homosexuals too - meaning regardless my beliefs about homosexual behavior I am now forced by law against making any distinctions about that behavior as being other than normal. It's not normal though; it's deviant. But by law I am forced to treat it as normal lest I be punished. A behavior - inappropriate sexual behavior. We're not talking someone's skin color - an arbitrary distinction between two otherwise equal human beings. We're talking about behavior, willful acts which earn one the legitimate label "homosexual." Bullies, whose behavior is of the aggressive variety e.g. aren't afforded special distinction with status and privilege that homosexuals seek. What makes homosexuals any different than bullies but the nature of their behavior? BOTH are human beings and BOTH enjoy the same status and privileges afforded all human beings - and that wholly separate from their behavior that makes them homosexuals or bullies.

    Can it harm me now? Absolutely it can. The story of homosexuals and homosexuality being promoted throughout society is a lie - and lies, regardless their context are harmful to everyone.

    I could go on, and will probably have to - but this suffices as an immediate and valid response to your post.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  6. #1116
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There have been conservatives who have blamed gays.
    What does that mean? :
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  7. #1117
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post

    Can it harm me now? Absolutely it can. Canada already considers speaking out against it as a "hate crime."


    That is just too ****ing funny.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #1118
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post


    Contagious, isn't it?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  9. #1119
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    You really need to revisit your assumption of what "strawman" means, not to mention how and when to accuse others of using it.
    translation: you still got nothing
    nope facts prove thats all your argument is and its a failed one but please continue to try and deflect it only exposes your failed strawman further.

    your argument is a false made up one that you argue against to feel better about your failed potion. Classic strawman.

    let us know when you have something else, something relevant and factual.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1120
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post


    Contagious, isn't it?
    I'm calling the Canadian coppers on you! Good lawd, you have no concept of reality here. We've had gay marriage for over 10 years, and, apart from more Canadian citizens being on the same-level playing field, nothing has changed.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •