Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

  1. #81
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,664

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What Reagan did was create a peace dividend that was squandered. What do you think the cost would be today for the build up of our military in the 80's that destroyed the Soviet Union? IF someone told you they were going to create 17 million jobs, double GDP, increase tax revenue, stimulate individual wealth creation and destroy the Soviet union for a 1.7 trillion dollar debt, what would you say?
    No, thank you. Because at the same time we also commited to more than that in added federal gov't spending by "negotiating" that deal with congress critters.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #82
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Indeed, but he would have also "invested" more than that in all manner of income redistribution programs.
    The problem seems to be what redistribution of wealth really means? If you mean transferring wealth from the Federal Govt. to the individual then I am all for it and that is what Reagan did because the Federal Govt. doesn't create wealth. We had more than enough money generated by the Reagan economy to provide what the govt. actually needs but what happened was all that money generated set the standards for what we see today, creation of the entitlement society by buying votes which politicians always do. The Second Reagan term was a disappointment to me but it was the first term that set the standards and brought us out of the recession quickly and with strong economic growth. Obama doesn't understand that jobs are created by strong economic growth, Reagan did.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    No, thank you. Because at the same time we also commited to more than that in added federal gov't spending by "negotiating" that deal with congress critters.
    Unfortunately depending upon your leanings our govt. is based upon a Representative democracy and having "congress critters" that have to be dealt with. It really is time for term limits at the Federal level.

  4. #84
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,664

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unfortunately depending upon your leanings our govt. is based upon a Representative democracy and having "congress critters" that have to be dealt with. It really is time for term limits at the Federal level.
    We have them now - they are called primary elections. The problem is that it takes billions to even have a chance to run, that is offered mainly to incumbents (and carefully selected challengers) only - as is free press, since anything that the incumbents say is "news". DC is run by and for the big campaign contributors and their loyal lobbyists, we the sheeple are simply fooled into voting for only those that they offer up to us as "viable" candidates.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #85
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    We have them now - they are called primary elections. The problem is that it takes billions to even have a chance to run, that is offered mainly to incumbents (and carefully selected challengers) only - as is free press, since anything that the incumbents say is "news". DC is run by and for the big campaign contributors and their loyal lobbyists, we the sheeple are simply fooled into voting for only those that they offer up to us as "viable" candidates.
    Seems to work rather well in the states but you nailed it, too much money in politics today but money alone doesn't buy elections, ignorance and apathy are more prevalent

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    technically yes, he did, 900 billion to 2.6 trillion during his term but what we got for it made it worth it, something liberals will never understand.
    Technically no he didn't. A President cant increase the debt. The Treasury can by issuing t-bonds, so long as congress and the President have passed laws allowing such borrowing. Blaming a President is political, not technical.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,380

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You cite much of the Reagan myth yet ignore much of the Reagan reality:



    "Reagan's Liberal Legacy" by Joshua Green

    Also note that Reagan increased the U.S. national debt 188.6% during his eight year term.

    http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm
    Yes he did. And he left the Russians so bankrupt that they threw in the towel. And Bush senior began planing how to cut the deficit. Growth was good and the deficit fell briefly.

    And at this point our present problems got started.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What Reagan did was create a peace dividend that was squandered. What do you think the cost would be today for the build up of our military in the 80's that destroyed the Soviet Union? IF someone told you they were going to create 17 million jobs, double GDP, increase tax revenue, stimulate individual wealth creation and destroy the Soviet union for a 1.7 trillion dollar debt, what would you say?
    Do you not undertsand that the Siviet Union was going bankrupt back in the Nixon presidency they knew it was a matter of time. I haveto correct you on one thing or raised the debt 189%. Regan did not destroy the Soviets they did that all on their own. Talk about a clear rewrite of history. Still the debt almost tripled under Reagan, isnt this what you are griping about under Obama?? I know Reagan is the right god but when it came to spending he was in fact the worst of the bunch

  9. #89
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Do you not undertsand that the Siviet Union was going bankrupt back in the Nixon presidency they knew it was a matter of time. I haveto correct you on one thing or raised the debt 189%. Regan did not destroy the Soviets they did that all on their own. Talk about a clear rewrite of history. Still the debt almost tripled under Reagan, isnt this what you are griping about under Obama?? I know Reagan is the right god but when it came to spending he was in fact the worst of the bunch
    Do you understand how little credibility you have? You really have a problem understanding our economy and our country in addition you are unable to read basic English. I gave you the Reagan Record and it is verifiable on the non partisan BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and U.S. Treasury Website. You insist on trying to divert from the Obama record.

    Is 6.4 trillion in debt better than 1.7 trillion in debt because it is a lower percentage increase?

    Is debt service paid by the taxpayers on percentage change or the actual debt?

    Do you even know the difference between debt and deficits?

    Your alias is definitely correct, "greengirl" with green being the operative word meaning young and lacking the ability to do any research.

    Green: inexperienced at a particular task or in a line of business. Origin: possibly from the color of unripe fruit.
    Last edited by Conservative; 09-07-13 at 03:55 PM.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Do you not undertsand that the Siviet Union was going bankrupt back in the Nixon presidency they knew it was a matter of time. I haveto correct you on one thing or raised the debt 189%. Regan did not destroy the Soviets they did that all on their own. Talk about a clear rewrite of history. Still the debt almost tripled under Reagan, isnt this what you are griping about under Obama?? I know Reagan is the right god but when it came to spending he was in fact the worst of the bunch
    How are you coming on finding the data to support your claim that Obama inherited a 12 trillion dollar debt? So many claims and so little information to back them.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •