Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 90

Thread: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

  1. #71
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I didn't forget, just didn't find it important because debt without positive results is more of a problem than debt with positive results. It was Reagan leadership that got us out of the recession and it was what we are seeing today, the partisan attacks that hurt his second term agenda as well as his onset of Alzheimers that derailed his second term but that doesn't diminish the Reagan results but does provide fuel to those that don't understand those results.
    Whatever, that was the beginning of the huge federal nanny state (funded using massive borrowing) and it has grown rapidly ever since.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #72
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Whatever, that was the beginning of the huge federal nanny state (funded using massive borrowing) and it has grown rapidly ever since.
    Not if you look where the govt spending was during that period of time in the Reagan budgets. Reagan stimulated the private sector and didn't promote the nanny state. All economic groups benefited from the Reagan economy. I lived and worked during that period of time and understand completely what he did. He motivated the American people and began the greatest economic boom in modern history coming off the worst recession since the Great Depression. The facts speak for themselves, 17 million jobs created, doubling of GDP, 60% increase in Govt. tax revenue due to the creation of those jobs. Oh, by the way, that Reagan debt created a peace dividend that was squandered by Clinton

  3. #73
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not if you look where the govt spending was during that period of time in the Reagan budgets. Reagan stimulated the private sector and didn't promote the nanny state. All economic groups benefited from the Reagan economy. I lived and worked during that period of time and understand completely what he did. He motivated the American people and began the greatest economic boom in modern history coming off the worst recession since the Great Depression. The facts speak for themselves, 17 million jobs created, doubling of GDP, 60% increase in Govt. tax revenue due to the creation of those jobs. Oh, by the way, that Reagan debt created a peace dividend that was squandered by Clinton
    Whatever. You cite 60% tax growth yet federal gov't spending growth still exceeded that tax revenue growth. Our national debt problem is not caused by too little tax revenue, but by the gov't insisting on spending far above what it ever dare ask for via direct taxation.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #74
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Whatever. You cite 60% tax growth growth yet federal gov't spending growth still exceeded that tax revenue growth. Our national debt problem is caused by not too little tax revenue but by the gov't insisting on spending far above what it ever dare ask for via direct taxation.
    Govt. spending was indeed too high but the benefits of that spending are what many here overlook. Reagan set a record for vetoes but in order to destroy the Soviet Union and stimulate the economy he had to compromise with Democrats who controlled the House. In spite, a 60% growth in Federal Income tax revenue with tax cuts is something that liberals want to ignore just like the growth in govt. revenue AFTER the Bush tax cuts. Economic activity is what grows revenue more than tax increases.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Whatever. You cite 60% tax growth yet federal gov't spending growth still exceeded that tax revenue growth. Our national debt problem is not caused by too little tax revenue, but by the gov't insisting on spending far above what it ever dare ask for via direct taxation.
    Do you think we would be having this discussion if Obama created 17 million jobs and had a 1.7 trillion dollar debt? He would have been nominated for Sainthood.

  6. #76
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Isn't that what President Bush did?
    And Wilson, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Johnson....
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #77
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Govt. spending was indeed too high but the benefits of that spending are what many here overlook. Reagan set a record for vetoes but in order to destroy the Soviet Union and stimulate the economy he had to compromise with Democrats who controlled the House. In spite, a 60% growth in Federal Income tax revenue with tax cuts is something that liberals want to ignore just like the growth in govt. revenue AFTER the Bush tax cuts. Economic activity is what grows revenue more than tax increases.
    It matters not what your garden grows if you must comsume more than that to survive.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #78
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    It matters not what your garden grows if you must comsume more than that to survive.
    What Reagan did was create a peace dividend that was squandered. What do you think the cost would be today for the build up of our military in the 80's that destroyed the Soviet Union? IF someone told you they were going to create 17 million jobs, double GDP, increase tax revenue, stimulate individual wealth creation and destroy the Soviet union for a 1.7 trillion dollar debt, what would you say?

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,399

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Ahhh you go further back to Reagan trickle down did not exactly work!!
    I would probably take Volker's induced recession as the clear end of the period after which the buildup to our present problems.

  10. #80
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you think we would be having this discussion if Obama created 17 million jobs and had a 1.7 trillion dollar debt? He would have been nominated for Sainthood.
    Indeed, but he would have also "invested" more than that in all manner of income redistribution programs.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •