Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 90

Thread: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

  1. #41
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That was never the point, of course some people remain discouraged for months
    Then why have you been falsely claiming it was the number so became discouraged that month?

    it is a monthly number and last month it was over 800k and is ignored when talking about Obama performance.
    Right....866,000 in August.....down from 988,000 in July...an improvement.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  2. #42
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    The point is one month the numbers are low. Good for the GOP! One month the numbers are high. Good for the Dems!

    The point is the unemployment problem goes way beyond the Democrats and the Republicans.

    If you have the time, listen to this fantastic podcast from Common Sense with Dan Carlin:
    Dan Carlin - Podcasts, Merchandise, Blog, and Community Website

    Basically, the jobs are not coming back. As long as Bangladeshis can be forced to work for pennies as a factory crumbles beneath their feet, the US labor force cannot compete. Only a rejection of globalization and the restoration of regional trade policies can reverse the trend.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Then why have you been falsely claiming it was the number so became discouraged that month?


    Right....866,000 in August.....down from 988,000 in July...an improvement.
    Yep, some of those discouraged have now dropped out of the labor force completely. Congratulations! Labor force dropped, employment number dropped, labor participation rate is the worst in 35 years. The number of discouraged is a monthly number and that has always been my point. sorry if I wasn't clear.

  4. #44
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, some of those discouraged have now dropped out of the labor force completely. Congratulations! Labor force dropped, employment number dropped, labor participation rate is the worst in 35 years. The number of discouraged is a monthly number and that has always been my point. sorry if I wasn't clear.
    Yeah, when you wrote "866,000 people became discouraged" it seemed like you meant 866,000 people became discouraged rather than the total number. As for the drop, some started looking and some of those found jobs...some decided they no longer wanted one, and some went over the 12 month cut-off. The reason for the time limit is that by that point, they're no more likely to start looking than those who say they don't want a job.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Yeah, when you wrote "866,000 people became discouraged" it seemed like you meant 866,000 people became discouraged rather than the total number. As for the drop, some started looking and some of those found jobs...some decided they no longer wanted one, and some went over the 12 month cut-off. The reason for the time limit is that by that point, they're no more likely to start looking than those who say they don't want a job.
    44

    Bottomline, the Obama economic plan has led to the lowest labor participation rate in 35 years and thus is a disaster. Far too many including Obama have no understanding of the private sector and his economic policies reflect that. The best news for the economy and the private sector would be Obama announcing his resignation.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Actually, the problem predates Obama's administration and dates back to Greenspan/Clinton. Those two set the trajectory we are on. We are now still living in the aftermath of their bubble.

    Of course Bush and Obama should have taken the hit and cut the budget. They didn't and so we are still stumbling along.
    Ahhh you go further back to Reagan trickle down did not exactly work!!

  7. #47
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Ahhh you go further back to Reagan trickle down did not exactly work!!
    Not sure where you get your information but bls, bea, and the U.S. treasury say you are wrong, Reagan economy created 17 million jobs, doubled GDP, and increased govt. revenue by 60%. Now you people can continue to try and divert from the Obama disaster but the numbers just make you look and sound foolish. Get some pride and stop believing what the left tells you. BLS.gov, BEA.gov, and the U.S. Treasury are great sites and prove the liberal rhetoric wrong.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not sure where you get your information but bls, bea, and the U.S. treasury say you are wrong, Reagan economy created 17 million jobs, doubled GDP, and increased govt. revenue by 60%. Now you people can continue to try and divert from the Obama disaster but the numbers just make you look and sound foolish. Get some pride and stop believing what the left tells you. BLS.gov, BEA.gov, and the U.S. Treasury are great sites and prove the liberal rhetoric wrong.
    The Mystery Of Income Inequality Broken Down To One Simple Chart - Forbes


    Umm it pretty much common knowledge. Plus you are sighting jobs created. You do realize Reagan almost tripled the debt in doing so. Plus income disparity started getting out of control under him. Which was his handlers sole premise. Not saying Clinton didn't have a hand in it as well. However Republicans are the worst about it and what is really sick is they think they had nothing to do with it. I guess that's why they want history books rewritten, 50 years from now will the bible say Reagan died on the cross for your sins??? You live in a state where income equality is at a record low or are you just blind to that fact? It called serfdom and that is what the rich want and they paid a lot to get it.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    The Mystery Of Income Inequality Broken Down To One Simple Chart - Forbes


    Umm it pretty much common knowledge. Plus you are sighting jobs created. You do realize Reagan almost tripled the debt in doing so. Plus income disparity started getting out of control under him. Which was his handlers sole premise. Not saying Clinton didn't have a hand in it as well. However Republicans are the worst about it and what is really sick is they think they had nothing to do with it. I guess that's why they want history books rewritten, 50 years from now will the bible say Reagan died on the cross for your sins??? You live in a state where income equality is at a record low or are you just blind to that fact? It called serfdom and that is what the rich want and they paid a lot to get it.

    Yes, Reagan tripled the debt from 900 billion to 2.6 trillion dollars and we got a peace dividend out of that, doubling of GDP, 60% increase in Income tax revenue, and 17 million jobs. Not a bad return on that investment. Wonder what the debt service is on the 1.7 trillion Reagan debt vs. the 6.4 trillion Obama debt?

    You and others like you just don't get it and probably never will. The rest of us will be paying for that ignorance for a long time. Doubt seriously you were around in the 80's or old enough to understand what Reagan inherited. Too bad you and others like you are spending so much time demonizing Reagan that you are ignoring that this country was built on equal opportunity not equal outcome.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, Reagan tripled the debt from 900 billion to 2.6 trillion dollars and we got a peace dividend out of that, doubling of GDP, 60% increase in Income tax revenue, and 17 million jobs. Not a bad return on that investment. Wonder what the debt service is on the 1.7 trillion Reagan debt vs. the 6.4 trillion Obama debt?

    You and others like you just don't get it and probably never will. The rest of us will be paying for that ignorance for a long time. Doubt seriously you were around in the 80's or old enough to understand what Reagan inherited. Too bad you and others like you are spending so much time demonizing Reagan that you are ignoring that this country was built on equal opportunity not equal outcome.

    You say ignorance last time I checked the debt was 12 trillion before Obama took office. Plus had Bush stayed on the path that was laid down by Clinton we would have very little debt. So who is really being ignorant??? Bush and Republicans from his era are the main causes of the debt or do you forget the wasted money on the wars. Medicare part d, and the tax cuts that produced nothing except making his buddies very wealthy.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •