Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 267

Thread: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure[W:208]

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Poor Bronson. Doesn't know the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.
    5 different replies?

    Yes. And your opinion was destroyed and humiliated in those threads. Your logic was shredded around the "there is no gay gene" comment as it was shown that just because something has not been discovered now, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And your comments about twins was destroyed when it was shown to you that identical twins are not completely identical, as there are differences in epimarks that cause them to develop slightly differently.
    There is no gay gene

    A flying pig hasn't been discovered yet either. Doesn't mean they exist.

    So yes, those threads where your opinion was debunked.
    No gay gene has been found. That's not an opinion. That's fact.

    And I've provided all the information on this issue, including a book written by the people who were actually there. All you are doing is spewing the same old extreme conservative dishonesty... which is typical of that species. The science was finally presented... science that had been prevented from being presented for quite some time. Of course you wouldn't know that, though... you've been spoon-fed the anti-gay extreme conservative dishonest propaganda... and you have swallowed it quite well.
    Yes anything that doesn't glorify homosexuality as wonderful and normal and morally right is "extreme conservative dishonesty".

    If homosexuality is biological than how come there hasn't been any adaptation through Evolution to make gay sex useful?

    Anyways this is obviously a very emotional issue for you. All you're really doing is engaging in personal attacks now, which is boring.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    5 different replies?
    Five different posts of inaccuracy that needed correction.
    There is no gay gene
    Yet.

    A flying pig hasn't been discovered yet either. Doesn't mean they exist.
    And doesn't mean they won't.

    No gay gene has been found. That's not an opinion. That's fact.
    Yet. That too is a fact.

    Yes anything that doesn't glorify homosexuality as wonderful and normal and morally right is "extreme conservative dishonesty".
    If you want to present your opinion with stupid partisan hack comments, I will mock your hack statements with equally stupid partisan hack comments. Suggestion. When discussing issues with me, leave the hackery outside. I can out-sarcasm you with one brain tied behind my back.

    If homosexuality is biological than how come there hasn't been any adaptation through Evolution to make gay sex useful?
    What is the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior?

    Anyways this is obviously a very emotional issue for you. All you're really doing is engaging in personal attacks now, which is boring.
    Ah. Trying to exit because you've been beaten so badly. The issue is not emotional. I just get annoyed when I see someone post a ton of inaccuracy like you do.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #63
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    5 different replies?



    There is no gay gene

    A flying pig hasn't been discovered yet either. Doesn't mean they exist.



    No gay gene has been found. That's not an opinion. That's fact.



    Yes anything that doesn't glorify homosexuality as wonderful and normal and morally right is "extreme conservative dishonesty".

    If homosexuality is biological than how come there hasn't been any adaptation through Evolution to make gay sex useful?

    Anyways this is obviously a very emotional issue for you. All you're really doing is engaging in personal attacks now, which is boring.
    Actually, the fact is a gay gene has been discovered. I will not be surprised if despite me pointing this out to you, you continue to spew this inaccuracy.
    Have Scientists Found the 'Gay Gene'? | Fox News
    Last edited by sbrettt; 09-07-13 at 05:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    Actually, the fact is a gay gene has been discovered. I will not be surprised if despite me pointing this out to you, you continue to spew this inaccuracy.
    Have Scientists Found the 'Gay Gene'? | Fox News
    A gay gene has not been discovered

    Read the article

  5. #65
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    A gay gene has not been discovered

    Read the article
    Yes one has. Re-read the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  6. #66
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I don't think to discriminate because of race religion sex sexual orientation is a right. Ater all we are all equal under the law.
    I have the right to discriminate against whoever I wish. You cant stop me from doing it either. If you think you can prevent me or anyone else for that matter from doing so good luck. Aint gona happen. Actually I can and do discriminate on a routine and ongoing basis all sorts of people, as do EVERYONE else on this forum. If you say otherwise you are a liar and I will prove it. We all discriminate in all sorts of ways, a lot of which are unconscious. I will not do business with ANYONE I don't like and if they are of protected class well I am smart enough to make sure they don't have a legal case. The people who say discrimination should be outlawed for private individuals in a private individuals business are hypocrites plain and simple. They practice the very thing they hate, intolerance. We have a sovereign right not to associate with those we don't want to and those we do if they wish to be associated with us. You cannot in a free country force people to associate with people they don't wish to and still call the country free. Freedom is about choice. Who I serve in my business is MY choice and none of yours. I have sovereign right to associate with whom I please and it don't matter WHAT laws or court rulings the twits put out I will not follow them. I have a couple real simple tactic in my business to get rid of people I don't like, either say I am booked up, or jack the price so high they look elsewhere. If they bite on price I just say unfortunately one of my preferred customers just booked up my capacity, sorry I cant help you now. Polite expensive and unavailable. There are those people in this world who if they had all the money in it, I would NEVER serve as is my right. I am NOT your slave.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  7. #67
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    correct and the laws are their to protect us from discrimination and protect our rights

    ill say the same thing i have been saying in similar threads

    there are laws, rights and rules that we ALL must play by not just some of us

    if Im to bigoted or to uncivil to run a public access business and not break the law why do i open one? i shouldnt and if i do and break the law that MY fault

    if i have such an uncivil discourse for whites, blacks, asians, latinos, women, men, gays, bi-sexuals, chrsitians, jews, muslims, and or the handicap why do i open a public access business? if i do im an idiot and that my fault if i break the law.

    people like that are short sighted and stupid, they know there are rules and laws that we ALL must follow. Not SOME of us, ALL of us.

    if you cant play by the rules above
    1.) dont go into public access business
    2.) do a business that doesnt relate to things that offend you
    3.)do a private practice.

    Very simple solution. Blows my mind some people dont get and just think they are allowed to break the law and violate rights.
    First I am going to say I am completely opposite you in my opinion. Second I can discriminate against you and be lawful and there aint a thing you can do about it. You can whine moan and stomp your feet. But there is NO law that can stop discrimination. I do it everyday in practice. The words "I am sorry we are currently over booked", or whatever other excuse you care to use at the time works fine. My favorite though is " I am sorry but have to have enough capacity to serve a major customer of mines needs and I am currently under that capacity. You could try so and so I sure they will be able to serve you." Works for any business. I don't have to serve anyone I don't wish no matter what the law says because its, as Darth Vader says "All to easy." to go right around it. Since most any business that wants to stay in business will at least have an attorney they use or have one on retainer better still, the attorney will make it air tight. I really detest people who think they can tell me how to run my business even though its not their blood sweat and tears, not to begin to even mention, treasure and time invested into it. I got into business so I didn't have to deal with people I detest. You seem to think I have to accommodate every shmuck that comes though my door or makes a call to me. WRONG. I don't. I wont. I don't care how much it cost me long term or short term, because its mine to run as I see fit. I became the boss so I could make my own rules and play by them. I have told several very wealthy people and companies who could have made me some serious money to go pound sand because I wasn't interested in serving them due to one thing or another. (Mostly because they were jackasses and thieves.) We live in a free country based on sovereign individual rights. One of those sovereign rights is that of association which you so love to trample freely on. Its one thing to say the government cannot discriminate based on whatever. Fine I get that and agree for the most part with that. But when you start applying that metric to me private individual in private business, I have two words for you. "Piss off." If I aint stealing from you or breaking your leg you have NO say in my business affairs that includes who I may or may not wish to deal with.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You've never known what you are talking about on this issue. I've proven that time and time again. Betcha YOU don't know what sodomy means.
    Yes, I do know. You are attempting to assign a modern definition to sodomy that was unknown in biblical times. You do this to take away the shame and disgust rightly assigned to this lifestyle.

  9. #69
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    1.)First I am going to say I am completely opposite you in my opinion.
    2.) Second I can discriminate against you and be lawful and there aint a thing you can do about it.
    3.) You can whine moan and stomp your feet.
    4.) But there is NO law that can stop discrimination.
    5.) I do it everyday in practice. The words "I am sorry we are currently over booked", or whatever other excuse you care to use at the time works fine. My favorite though is " I am sorry but have to have enough capacity to serve a major customer of mines needs and I am currently under that capacity. You could try so and so I sure they will be able to serve you." Works for any business. I don't have to serve anyone I don't wish no matter what the law says because its, as Darth Vader says "All to easy." to go right around it.
    6.)Since most any business that wants to stay in business will at least have an attorney they use or have one on retainer better still, the attorney will make it air tight. I really detest people who think they can tell me how to run my business even though its not their blood sweat and tears, not to begin to even mention, treasure and time invested into it.
    7.) I got into business so I didn't have to deal with people I detest.
    8.) You seem to think I have to accommodate every shmuck that comes though my door or makes a call to me. WRONG. I don't. I wont.
    9,) I don't care how much it cost me long term or short term, because its mine to run as I see fit.
    10.) I became the boss so I could make my own rules and play by them. I have told several very wealthy people and companies who could have made me some serious money to go pound sand because I wasn't interested in serving them due to one thing or another. (Mostly because they were jackasses and thieves.)
    11.)We live in a free country based on sovereign individual rights. One of those sovereign rights is that of association which you so love to trample freely on. Its one thing to say the government cannot discriminate based on whatever. Fine I get that and agree for the most part with that. But when you start applying that metric to me private individual in private business, I have two words for you. "Piss off." If I aint stealing from you or breaking your leg you have NO say in my business affairs that includes who I may or may not wish to deal with.
    1.) that fine but be clear theres very little OPINION i actually stated in my post, most of it is fact
    2.) well this is false, it depends on whether the discrimination you practice is legal or illegal and if theres evidence proving it.
    3.) i wouldnt do any of this if your actually broke the law and i knew it id simply press charges
    4.) theres no law that can stop anything so thats just obvious
    5.) i agree this is what the SMART business owner does, and i have no problem with it just dont get caught.
    6.) doesnt really matter what you hate its just like everything else, as long as you dont get caught breaking the law then you are find, If you break the law i dont care about your blood sweat and tears, you pay the price of breaking the law.
    7.) seems you have social issue
    8.) nope not at all what i think is you cant get caught breaking the law, thats what i think. See i knew right away one you started talking about opinions that you assumed alot in your head that was never said
    9.) i dont care either and as long as you dont get caught you are good if you do you might not have anything to run and that wont bother me one bit, in fact id find it entertaining
    10.) nope you are still playing by the rules everybody plys by. If you want to think your not and that makes you feel better fine but the fact is you are not playing buy your rules. You already admitted that. You admit that you lie and make up excuses not to serve or do business with people you dont want, which is fine but thats playing by the rules. You make those excuses to follow the rules, you do it to pay by the rules,not your own sorry to burst your bubble..
    11.) well sorry but facts court cases , rights, laws and ordinances all disagree with you and prove you wrong.

    im glad you got your rant out, hopefully you dindt punch the keyboard to many times, BUT it changed nothing i said and im happy to clear up your mistakes.

    Im fine with you doing what you are doing because you are playing by the rules, hopefully for you if you are doing illegal discrimination you dont get caught or you'll see and you'll learn who the real boss is, it aint you. Good luck.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #70
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Poor Bronson. Doesn't know the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.



    Yes. And your opinion was destroyed and humiliated in those threads. Your logic was shredded around the "there is no gay gene" comment as it was shown that just because something has not been discovered now, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And your comments about twins was destroyed when it was shown to you that identical twins are not completely identical, as there are differences in epimarks that cause them to develop slightly differently.

    Hehe, CC, poor CC... Are you serious with this argument? Differences in epimarks... LOL Boy reach much, and to top it off you're reaching in the completely wrong direction. There are no biological differences in identical twins, and any generational or inter-generational expressions are widely speculative. even so, let's assume you're on to something specific to twin studies, epimarks cannot explain nor can they be identified or verified as having occurred at all. Basically what you have is a purely speculative attempt to convey significance in epimark gene expression and associate it with a controversial issue that the gay lobby cannot explain away, and that is that twins show that there is a very low chance that homosexuality is genetic in any meaningful way other than providing the hardware we all seem to also share. try again.. My God even in your own article there was no conclusions, nor was there any affirmative language, the article was filled with words like "may", "appears", "could", "possibly", and this is what you post to say that it is proven? Where's your buddy AGENTJ to tell you that you haven't proven anything?



    So yes, those threads where your opinion was debunked.

    Apparently not so fast eh?




    And I've provided all the information on this issue, including a book written by the people who were actually there. All you are doing is spewing the same old extreme conservative dishonesty... which is typical of that species. The science was finally presented... science that had been prevented from being presented for quite some time. Of course you wouldn't know that, though... you've been spoon-fed the anti-gay extreme conservative dishonest propaganda... and you have swallowed it quite well.

    Yes, and I've provided an interview with the very people that were involved with the change in the DSM several times and you always seem to move on from the thread at that point. The science used to remove the DSM was not science at all and consisted of a whole 25 subjects who were completely comfortable with their homosexuality if memory serves, that answered a standardized mental health questionnaire and the researchers took those questionnaire to other psychologists and asked them if they could pick out the gay ones. Add in some inkblot tests and that's the totality of the science involved in removing the classification, and although it was removed it wasn't completely removed until later on as you know.

    For anyone really interested in hearing about how homosexuality was removed by a study that was done by the grand-daughter of the then president of the APA, who also happened to be a closet gay himself, feel free to click this link. It should put to rest the question even being a matter of opinion. It was clearly political.: 81 Words | This American Life

    read both act one and act two.. Enjoy!

    Bronson I suggest you bookmark this site as CC seems to say you've been debunked many times, when we all know that's not the case. Nice to be able to throw this in his face you'll see how quickly he leaves you alone after that.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •