Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 267

Thread: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure[W:208]

  1. #211
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Yes, I do know. You are attempting to assign a modern definition to sodomy that was unknown in biblical times. You do this to take away the shame and disgust rightly assigned to this lifestyle.
    You don't even know what the story of Sodom and Gommorah was actually about. You would prefer to remain ignorant on this issue because of your anti-gay bias. I find it amazing at what lies the belief in a false agenda such as yours will make someone believe.

    And, btw... we are discussing sodomy in modern times. Therefore, a modern definition is appropriate.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #212
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes, gave me examples of how you an discriminate and not get caught
    2.) lol try not to make stuff up, "im" not personally ok with that but if your not actually breaking the law what can i do about it. but please, feel free to make stuff up
    3.) yes it makes perfect sense in a free country where the saying goes your rights to swing your fists end at my nose. There are lots of rights that get temporarily suspended based preventing infringement on others. See the OP, see 100s of court cases and precedence. this isnt new its basic and how things work.
    4.) you are welcome to have that opinion but you got no facts that support you at all. on the other side theres ordinances, the law, state constitutions, the constitution all the procedures making and enforcing them all and all the cases defending them and making precedence for them all. vs your opinion

    all go with the former
    5.) makes me proud you feel this way, people who cant be civil in public, follow the rules, laws and respect others rights are exactly what these laws are for and im glad it paints you in a corner.
    6.)you are free to this OPINION too but its factually false, but feel free to make up whatever story you want that helps you feel better, facts dont care
    7.) please use actual parallel and examples that make logical sense. and also please educate yourself on topics like this also.Depending on which black panther party you want to discuss they had white members.

    but if you actually catch your breath in between rants, feel free to pursue anything you know is breaking the law thats what you are supposed to do.

    8.) wrong again it is not always just a civil matter
    9.) your post and ranting proves otherwise, seem you believe in infringing rights and empowering bigotry and discrimination. not thanks that's not what this country does.
    Cant wait to read your nest rant though.
    Post the law that says its a criminal matter. I am aware of no law that states this. Any attorneys reading ought to jump in and enlighten us.

    Its my opinion as I stated that the laws and judicial rulings in these matters are wrong with rare exception. Forcing me to do business with you is unconstitutional. That's the way I see and always will. I will change my mind the day the constitution is changed regarding this issue, till then I remain entrenched with my opinion. Jerry is right. This USED to be a nation of laws. Its not anymore.

    Making what exactly up?

    Sorry the way I see it, taking revenge for perceived slight or simple activism is what this anti discrimination crap is all about. That and looting people's hard earned money.

    I am not surprised you take delight at theft of peoples rights, time, money and property. Its called schadenfreud.

    You want peoples rights respected you claim, but you want to run roughshod over two of the most important and that's freedom of association and freedom of speech. Like I said before hypocritical. Rights are respected or they are not. My rights end at your nose you are very much correct. Your rights to my services end when I say NO. You can demand all you want. But you have no right to them.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #213
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Hehe, CC, poor CC... Are you serious with this argument? Differences in epimarks... LOL Boy reach much, and to top it off you're reaching in the completely wrong direction. There are no biological differences in identical twins, and any generational or inter-generational expressions are widely speculative. even so, let's assume you're on to something specific to twin studies, epimarks cannot explain nor can they be identified or verified as having occurred at all. Basically what you have is a purely speculative attempt to convey significance in epimark gene expression and associate it with a controversial issue that the gay lobby cannot explain away, and that is that twins show that there is a very low chance that homosexuality is genetic in any meaningful way other than providing the hardware we all seem to also share. try again.. My God even in your own article there was no conclusions, nor was there any affirmative language, the article was filled with words like "may", "appears", "could", "possibly", and this is what you post to say that it is proven? Where's your buddy AGENTJ to tell you that you haven't proven anything?
    Apparently, Tim, you don't pay attention to modern research. This does not surprise me, especially when that modern research negatively affects your position. This is known as "confirmation bias" a logical fallacy of which you often suffer.

    Here you go, Tim:

    Identical Twins' DNA Varies | LiveScience

    You are debunked. How many times does this now make it that I have done so with you? 100?


    Apparently not so fast eh?
    Actually, quite easy. You shouldn't have stuck your nose in here. You just got on the standard "CC humiliates his opponents" train.

    Yes, and I've provided an interview with the very people that were involved with the change in the DSM several times and you always seem to move on from the thread at that point. The science used to remove the DSM was not science at all and consisted of a whole 25 subjects who were completely comfortable with their homosexuality if memory serves, that answered a standardized mental health questionnaire and the researchers took those questionnaire to other psychologists and asked them if they could pick out the gay ones. Add in some inkblot tests and that's the totality of the science involved in removing the classification, and although it was removed it wasn't completely removed until later on as you know.
    See, Tim, this just shows that you don't even understand the study at all. I have thoroughly debunked you each and every time we have discussed this issue. Easy, too. Between demonstrating both the rationale and the validity of Hooker's study and quoting people who were at the 1973 meeting where the science of sexual orientation was presented, you have always proven to have nothing to refute me.

    Always good to see you on the train.

    For anyone really interested in hearing about how homosexuality was removed by a study that was done by the grand-daughter of the then president of the APA, who also happened to be a closet gay himself, feel free to click this link. It should put to rest the question even being a matter of opinion. It was clearly political.: 81 Words | This American Life

    read both act one and act two.. Enjoy!
    And for anyone truly interested in knowing how and why homosexuality was removed as a disorder, you can read my treatment of the issue, supplied with links and references. If I were you, I would ignore the fiction that is in the link that Tim provided. Most of the participants are people who's integrity on this issue have been thoroughly debunked. I mean really, Tim... Bieber? His study was completely debunked and is worthless. Socarides? Virtulant anti-gay bigot. Sure... no bias there. I always enjoy your links, Tim. They should be placed in the fantasy section of the internet.

    Here are links to my treatment of the declassifying of homosexuality. It is filled with history and describes what actually happened from the people there:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...post1062140636
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...post1062140638
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...post1062140640

    Bronson I suggest you bookmark this site as CC seems to say you've been debunked many times, when we all know that's not the case. Nice to be able to throw this in his face you'll see how quickly he leaves you alone after that.


    Tim-
    Suggestion, Bronson. NEVER use any of Tim's links to support your position. I regularly make a mockery of what he posts and of every link he provides. Unless you want me to do the same thing to you, avoid them at all costs.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #214
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    1.)Post the law that says its a criminal matter. I am aware of no law that states this. Any attorneys reading ought to jump in and enlighten us.

    2.)Its my opinion as I stated that the laws and judicial rulings in these matters are wrong with rare exception. Forcing me to do business with you is unconstitutional. That's the way I see and always will. I will change my mind the day the constitution is changed regarding this issue, till then I remain entrenched with my opinion. Jerry is right. This USED to be a nation of laws. Its not anymore.
    3.)Making what exactly up?
    4.) Sorry the way I see it, taking revenge for perceived slight or simple activism is what this anti discrimination crap is all about. That and looting people's hard earned money.
    5.) I am not surprised you take delight at theft of peoples rights, time, money and property. Its called schadenfreud.
    6.)You want peoples rights respected you claim, but you want to run roughshod over two of the most important and that's freedom of association and freedom of speech. Like I said before hypocritical. Rights are respected or they are not. My rights end at your nose you are very much correct. Your rights to my services end when I say NO. You can demand all you want. But you have no right to them.
    1.) dont know i could be mistaken, id have to look it up amused when its found to violate the constitution it would be criminal
    2.) like i said you are free to have that opinion support by nothing esle but more opinion but il stick with the facts and all the ordinances, laws, state constitutions, the constitution, all the procedures making and enforcing them all and all the cases defending them and making precedence for them all. vs your opinion
    3.) you factually made up im OK with discrimination and Its about revenge
    4.) see it anyway you want it, reread #2 and facts prove you wrong because the fact is making the blanket statement its about revenge is wrong, Nothing will change that fact.
    5.) more baseless opinion and making stuff up, you fail again
    6.) read 2 again, your OPINION vs Facts. Ill go with facts. Thank you for not disappointing, i knew your next post would be a entertaining rant. cant wait for the next.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Really?

    So then when did this occur? What was the world population when this adaptation took place. Feel free to include all your research.
    Hey you are the one that says you KNOW there is NO gay gene. As soon as you include all your research, I can show you mine.

  6. #216
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) dont know i could be mistaken, id have to look it up amused when its found to violate the constitution it would be criminal
    2.) like i said you are free to have that opinion support by nothing esle but more opinion but il stick with the facts and all the ordinances, laws, state constitutions, the constitution, all the procedures making and enforcing them all and all the cases defending them and making precedence for them all. vs your opinion
    3.) you factually made up im OK with discrimination and Its about revenge
    4.) see it anyway you want it, reread #2 and facts prove you wrong because the fact is making the blanket statement its about revenge is wrong, Nothing will change that fact.
    5.) more baseless opinion and making stuff up, you fail again
    6.) read 2 again, your OPINION vs Facts. Ill go with facts. Thank you for not disappointing, i knew your next post would be a entertaining rant. cant wait for the next.
    Are you typing on a phone? You sentence structure seems disjointed. Its hard to track your sentences.

    1) Again how is it a criminal matter, what laws declare it so. Certainly the text of the Constitution has no declarations of discrimination being a criminal matter. Its always been a civil matter unless it involved in direct conjunction with criminal action such as theft murder ect. under hate crimes legislation.
    I said before I know of no statute that's makes discrimination a criminal matter. You seem to know of one, so present it. Discrimination in and of itself is a civil matter.

    We are always going to see this differently and are going to work against each other. Your side is winning now. That is temporary. Things change. They always do.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  7. #217
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    1.)Are you typing on a phone? You sentence structure seems disjointed. Its hard to track your sentences.

    2.) Again how is it a criminal matter, what laws declare it so. Certainly the text of the Constitution has no declarations of discrimination being a criminal matter. Its always been a civil matter unless it involved in direct conjunction with criminal action such as theft murder ect. under hate crimes legislation.
    I said before I know of no statute that's makes discrimination a criminal matter. You seem to know of one, so present it. Discrimination in and of itself is a civil matter.

    3.)We are always going to see this differently and are going to work against each other. Your side is winning now. That is temporary. Things change. They always do.
    1.) sometimes i am but usually its just because im muilti-tasking and i treat this place like texting
    2.) AGAIN read my answer i already answered you lol Here it is again "I dont know i could be mistaken, id have to look it up I assumed when its found to violate the constitution it would be criminal"
    what dont you understand
    3.) yes we are because i have no desire at all to empower bigots, racists, misogynistic and discrimination.
    like i asid you kepp your opinion and ill go with facts and all the ordinances, laws, state constitutions, the constitution, all the procedures making and enforcing them all and all the cases defending them and making precedence for them all.

    good luck
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #218
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Why isn't this in the right forum?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #219
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    it is in the right forum, if you disagree report it and let us know how it works out
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #220
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    We are always going to see this differently and are going to work against each other. Your side is winning now. That is temporary. Things change. They always do.
    Your side was winning at first. There was a big push and got things like DOMA and Prop 8 passed. Then the change happened. The change was that equality became popular again. That change already happened.

    If you're talking about a greater change when we start to collapse as a civilization and people instinctively turn to authoritarian and religious rule to feel safe . . . well, I hope that's not too soon.
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •