Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 267

Thread: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure[W:208]

  1. #111
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Child porn is contract defense as a child cannot give consent.
    So a parent can't make any contractual decisions regarding (or on behalf of) their child because the child can't give consent? No medical care for the child? No private school?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #112
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    I am being honest, and there is no fallacy. The laws are sound. It's a trade-off. We allow you to make money here, and you follow our rules. The country protects you and your rights hopefully, but because we are a country and have to get along with each other you do not have complete liberty to do just as you please. It's all about balance. Freedom is walking through the jungle all alone. Being a country means we built a fort to protect ourselves. When you live in the fort you can leave but you are on your own and if you have to do guard duty from time to time and don't have full freedom inside the fort, that is the cost of being protected. You live in a fort and it has rules.
    Laws are not always sound. An individual has a property and sells a product, but you don't have right to that product. He could sell it to you if he wishes, but he doesn't have to as it is his. Appeal to authority doesn't mean that you've made proper argument.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #113
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So a parent can't make any contractual decisions regarding (or on behalf of) their child because the child can't give consent? No medical care for the child? No private school?
    Obviously you know that's not the case, try not to fall into the absurd, it just makes your arguments look pathetic.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #114
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You've countered nothing and relied solely on appeal to authority, a logical fallacy. You wish to force your personal morals on others through the use of a gun, that much is clear.
    You are relying on an appeal to authority when you claim that your moral position (it is wrong for the govt to use force to enforce a moral position) is morally right. You wish to force your personal morals on others through the use of a gun, that much is clear
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #115
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Laws are not always sound. An individual has a property and sells a product, but you don't have right to that product. He could sell it to you if he wishes, but he doesn't have to as it is his. Appeal to authority doesn't mean that you've made proper argument.
    An individual is allowed to refuse to sell their personal property to a member of a protected class. A public accommodation is not allowed to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Laws are not always sound. An individual has a property and sells a product, but you don't have right to that product. He could sell it to you if he wishes, but he doesn't have to as it is his. Appeal to authority doesn't mean that you've made proper argument.
    You should try to actually address what I said. I know your dogma. Do try and move beyond that.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You are relying on an appeal to authority when you claim that your moral position (it is wrong for the govt to use force to enforce a moral position) is morally right. You wish to force your personal morals on others through the use of a gun, that much is clear
    I didn't say morally right. But the government is restricted in how it may act against our rights and must demonstrate necessity. I'm not using a gun in this case, I am in fact taking the guns away and saying a man is free to sell his wears and you are free to not buy it. That's not a forced situation.

    Again, please stay away from the absurd, it makes your arguments look pathetic.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #118
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    You should try to actually address what I said. I know your dogma. Do try and move beyond that.
    I did address it, appeal to authority is logical fallacy.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #119
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Obviously you know that's not the case, try not to fall into the absurd, it just makes your arguments look pathetic.
    I know what the law says, and so do you. But you are arguing that the law is wrong.

    Dodging the question won't make it go away. Under your delusional libertarian scheme, can parents enter into contracts on behalf of their children? Yes or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #120
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: San Antonio Adopts Disputed Gay Rights Measure

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I know what the law says, and so do you. But you are arguing that the law is wrong.

    Dodging the question won't make it go away. Under your delusional libertarian scheme, can parents enter into contracts on behalf of their children? Yes or no?
    I'm arguing that the law is not always right, that relying solely on that argument isn't a sound argument in the least.

    There are certain contracts allowed to be enacted on behalf of children which oft revolve around right to life. But others are restricted, for instance you may not sell your child into slavery as that is against their life and property rights. A parent is given leeway to aid, and in some historical situations (such as those Christian "Scientists" folk, who I don't feel should be allowed to use scientist in their names) to harm, the rights of the child.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •