Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: 'We have our plans': Vladimir Putin warns US against Syria military action

  1. #1
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    'We have our plans': Vladimir Putin warns US against Syria military action

    Vladimir Putin has warned the US against launching military action in Syria, stating that Russia has "plans" on how it would react if such a scenario unfolded.

    The Russian president's comments came as Barack Obama for the first time portrayed his plans for US military action as part of a broader strategy to topple Bashar al-Assad, as the White House's campaign to win over sceptics in Congress gained momentum.

    In an interview with Associated Press and Russia's state Channel 1 television, Putin said it was too early to talk about what Russia would do if the US attacked Syria but added: "We have our ideas about what we will do and how we will do it in case the situation develops toward the use of force or otherwise. We have our plans."


    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...y-action-syria
    Last edited by Montecresto; 09-06-13 at 01:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Putin says Russia has its plans for Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Vladimir Putin has warned the US against launching military action in Syria, stating that Russia has "plans" on how it would react if such a scenario unfolded.

    The Russian president's comments came as Barack Obama for the first time portrayed his plans for US military action as part of a broader strategy to topple Bashar al-Assad, as the White House's campaign to win over sceptics in Congress gained momentum.

    In an interview with Associated Press and Russia's state Channel 1 television, Putin said it was too early to talk about what Russia would do if the US attacked Syria but added:
    "We have our ideas about what we will do and how we will do it in case the situation develops toward the use of force or otherwise. We have our plans.
    "


    'We have our plans': Vladimir Putin warns US against Syria military action | World news | theguardian.com



    Putin has his plans and Obama has his, it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: Putin says Russia has its plans for Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Vladimir Putin has warned the US against launching military action in Syria, stating that Russia has "plans" on how it would react if such a scenario unfolded.

    The Russian president's comments came as Barack Obama for the first time portrayed his plans for US military action as part of a broader strategy to topple Bashar al-Assad, as the White House's campaign to win over sceptics in Congress gained momentum.

    In an interview with Associated Press and Russia's state Channel 1 television, Putin said it was too early to talk about what Russia would do if the US attacked Syria but added: "We have our ideas about what we will do and how we will do it in case the situation develops toward the use of force or otherwise. We have our plans."


    'We have our plans': Vladimir Putin warns US against Syria military action | World news | theguardian.com
    Any plan Borsht Boi has better involve USA defaulting on $200 billion owed to Russia and better involve Russia being thrown instantly into financial chaos. The moment he even looks at USA funny is the moment we keep the money and watch him experience a depression the likes of which Russia has never seen. No way he can make that up in arms sales in the Middle East.

  4. #4
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Putin says Russia has its plans for Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Putin has his plans and Obama has his, it will be interesting to see how this turns out.
    Obama's plan is to fire a shot across the bow? That's a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  5. #5
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Putin says Russia has its plans for Syria

    "he has his plans"?

    Russia is not going to risk a shooting war with the U.S. over Syria. Bet your life savings on it. He's trying to sound menacing when what he means is "we would continue to do what we have been doing - supplying the Assad regime generally as best as we can given the circumstances.

  6. #6
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,876
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Putin says Russia has its plans for Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    "he has his plans"?

    Russia is not going to risk a shooting war with the U.S. over Syria. Bet your life savings on it. He's trying to sound menacing when what he means is "we would continue to do what we have been doing - supplying the Assad regime generally as best as we can given the circumstances.
    Right on, will.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  7. #7
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin says Russia has its plans for Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Any plan Borsht Boi has better involve USA defaulting on $200 billion owed to Russia and better involve Russia being thrown instantly into financial chaos. The moment he even looks at USA funny is the moment we keep the money and watch him experience a depression the likes of which Russia has never seen. No way he can make that up in arms sales in the Middle East.
    Yeah snap, your the one directing foreign policy. Does your boyfriend like all that macho mr tuff guy talk.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin says Russia has its plans for Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    "he has his plans"?

    Russia is not going to risk a shooting war with the U.S. over Syria. Bet your life savings on it. He's trying to sound menacing when what he means is "we would continue to do what we have been doing - supplying the Assad regime generally as best as we can given the circumstances.
    I don't believe the US would risk a shooting war with Russia either. But then Russia didn't say anything about a shooting war.

  9. #9
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Putin says Russia has its plans for Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Vladimir Putin has warned the US against launching military action in Syria, stating that Russia has "plans" on how it would react if such a scenario unfolded.

    The Russian president's comments came as Barack Obama for the first time portrayed his plans for US military action as part of a broader strategy to topple Bashar al-Assad, as the White House's campaign to win over sceptics in Congress gained momentum.

    In an interview with Associated Press and Russia's state Channel 1 television, Putin said it was too early to talk about what Russia would do if the US attacked Syria but added: "We have our ideas about what we will do and how we will do it in case the situation develops toward the use of force or otherwise. We have our plans."


    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...y-action-syria
    Hey Vlad. Cold War is over. We won. Get over it. The last thing you do is threaten a dysfunctional family and give them a reason to bring their dysfunction against you. But if you lived in America you would know that.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #10
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Putin says Russia has its plans for Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't believe the US would risk a shooting war with Russia either. But then Russia didn't say anything about a shooting war.
    As others said...Russia needs the money we owe them. As much as that looks like they have us by the balls...it is the other way around. Russia is a backwards and corrupt government filled with organized crime and all kinds of other crap. That money is very important, and KGB boy wonder Putin knows that.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •