Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: Making a push to get people to join "Obamacare"

  1. #11
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,972
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneLaugher View Post
    You were told that these moves were motivated by a desire on your company's part to avoid offering insurance coverage to full time employees?
    I am responsible for profitability. Outside of increasing sales, the only way to increase profitability is to reduce operating costs. Full time employees cost more, they just do...obamacare or not. However, ahca is going to excascerbate this, according to the lawyers employed by corporate brass.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  2. #12
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    She probably didn't read it yet.
    She's waiting for her 5 year old grandson to explain it to her.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    I am responsible for profitability. Outside of increasing sales, the only way to increase profitability is to reduce operating costs. Full time employees cost more, they just do...obamacare or not. However, ahca is going to excascerbate this, according to the lawyers employed by corporate brass.
    That's the thing. Full time employees cost more. Always have and always will. Any excuse to reduce those numbers will do. One more problem with having healthcare tied to employment.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #14
    User LoneLaugher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    68

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    I am responsible for profitability. Outside of increasing sales, the only way to increase profitability is to reduce operating costs. Full time employees cost more, they just do...obamacare or not. However, ahca is going to excascerbate this, according to the lawyers employed by corporate brass.
    Is your company's official reason for cutting full time employees the desire to avoid ACA penalties?
    How many sane, able-bodied, adult Americans have refused an available job in favor of living off of public assistance?

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Making a push to get people to join "Obamacare" - CBS News

    I'll consider it if Nancy Pelosi comes over to my house and explains all 2,409 pages (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...11hr3590pp.pdf) in detail.
    Having Pelosi threatening to come over to my house might make me consider signing up, just to keep her away!

  6. #16
    User LoneLaugher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    68

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Having Pelosi threatening to come over to my house might make me consider signing up, just to keep her away!
    Now THAT is a very mature and measured comment.
    How many sane, able-bodied, adult Americans have refused an available job in favor of living off of public assistance?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneLaugher View Post
    Now THAT is a very mature and measured comment.
    You can invite her over to your house if you want, she isn't welcome at mine.

    BTW, I'm retired so I don't have to sign up with anyone.

  8. #18
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,972
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneLaugher View Post
    Is your company's official reason for cutting full time employees the desire to avoid ACA penalties?
    Of course not, it's to reduce operating costs, by preventing future increases.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  9. #19
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's the thing. Full time employees cost more. Always have and always will. Any excuse to reduce those numbers will do. One more problem with having healthcare tied to employment.
    Sorry, but you are (IMHO) completely wrong.

    I've been in business since I was 26 (I'm now 70) and a full time, well paid, well treated and well insured employee is worth 10 dissatisfied, struggling, unhappy part timers.

    This 29.5 hour bull**** won't last long.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Big Push

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Sorry, but you are (IMHO) completely wrong.

    I've been in business since I was 26 (I'm now 70) and a full time, well paid, well treated and well insured employee is worth 10 dissatisfied, struggling, unhappy part timers.

    This 29.5 hour bull**** won't last long.
    While I agree with what you say, that thinking is rarer today than it was in the past. The move to part time employment began some time ago. It's not new, and I've linked that a few times now. You can find that almost everywhere, and you could long before Obama was elected.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •