Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 172

Thread: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

  1. #161
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Now he's lying about the Red Line...

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama has no redeeming qualities he has screwed up from day one.

  2. #162
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Now he's lying about the Red Line...

    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]Stop the snipping and stop the trolling.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #163
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizmo View Post
    Barak Obama's accomplishments as President of the United States--------------being the first African American President of the United States. It pretty much stops there.
    Meh, he gets more credit than that from me. He was smart enough to abandon some of the sillier positions he took prior to winning the presidency with regards to the War on Terror; and pretty much followed the playbook the Bush people left him (at first) in Iraq and Afghanistan. We got rid of Khaddafi.

    But yeah. This debacle....

    .... it takes some impressive screw-uppery to manage to make Jimmy Carter look comparatively strong and resolute.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Now he's lying about the Red Line...

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    My bad. You are correct, sir.

    I just visited the Conservapedia website (Main Page - Conservapedia) where I was enlightened. Everything I knew and came to believe was so eloquently dispelled. It seems, contrary to my belief that it was GW Bush that began with balanced budget and delivered $1T deficits, the budgets were actually balanced on January 19, 2009.

    It seems, according to Conservapedia, that was actually Obama that sold us on the excursion in Iraq, fooling us into believing it was no big deal as we had a Coalition of the Billing to share the burden and the oil would pay for it all...and, after all, it would only last 60 days, so we attacked Iraq in 2009. Apparently it was also Obama that championed tax cuts designed to cut the surplus, and when used when there was no surplus, only served to cut government revenue and raise deficits; and, it was Obama that championed Medicare Part D and when asked how to pay for it delivered this great speech:

    Main Page - Conservapedia

    I am so pleased to break with conventional wisdom; to get past this idea that Bush screwed everything up and Obama has just struggled with trying to fix it. This new enlightenment feels so great.

    The only question I have for you is what time is the next flight from your planet back to earth? I really want to get home. On the other hand, I do worry that you get a bit lonely in this little alien world of yours.
    Nice sarcasm, but the problem is the Treasury Dept., BLS.gov, and BEA.gov. support my statements and refute yours. Seems to me that you have a bad case of BDS, Bush Derangement Syndrome, and because you have made the statements over and over again you believe what you stated is correct.

    It really is sad, what exactly did Bush do to you and your family that creates this hatred and here we are five years after leaving office you still have to promote those liberal lies to divert from the Obama record?

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    Debt when Obama took office was 10.6 trillion dollars and it is now approaching 17 trillion. Obama signed the Bush budget in March 2009 after adding to it. The Bush projected deficit was not a trillion dollars and the continuing resolutions from Oct. 2008 to January 21, 2009 did not create the 1.2 trillion dollar deficit for fiscal year 2009. Further the Treasury Dept. does not show a Clinton surplus that you and others claim existed.

    I wouldn't have expected someone who claims to be in business to be so poorly informed about either economic policies or actual results.

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,291

    Re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Talk about slithering snakes...

    Unbelievable.
    I have never thought choosing the inexperienced man as President was a really good idea. Some of the things he has done were really bad and saying he did not draw the Red Line is as silly as the other guy's saying he had had nor sex with that woman. He hype was stupid.

    But he is right here. The international community's credibility is on the line. And that is bad because we are going to need that credibility with the political capital that brings with it, if we want to stop the slide into a multipolar international system with its near certainty of world war in this century. Of course we ie the international community should not have let the dictator commit mass murder in the first place. But gassing the civilian population is certainly something you cannot just stand by and watch. That makes one an accomplice.

  6. #166
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southern USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    52

    Re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I have never thought choosing the inexperienced man as President was a really good idea. Some of the things he has done were really bad and saying he did not draw the Red Line is as silly as the other guy's saying he had had nor sex with that woman. He hype was stupid.

    But he is right here. The international community's credibility is on the line. And that is bad because we are going to need that credibility with the political capital that brings with it, if we want to stop the slide into a multipolar international system with its near certainty of world war in this century. Of course we ie the international community should not have let the dictator commit mass murder in the first place. But gassing the civilian population is certainly something you cannot just stand by and watch. That makes one an accomplice.
    "That makes one an accomplice." Then the whole world is an accomplice. Of course Assad should be punished, severely, even taken out. But, Obama's lack of experience and indecisiveness makes that nearly impossible now. Hitting fixed targets is a pinprick since they can be replaced or repaired in a relatively short period. Also, there will be blowback on a much larger scale.

  7. #167
    Verifier
    Gladiator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your Back Yard
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,878

    Re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizmo View Post
    "That makes one an accomplice." Then the whole world is an accomplice. Of course Assad should be punished, severely, even taken out. But, Obama's lack of experience and indecisiveness makes that nearly impossible now. Hitting fixed targets is a pinprick since they can be replaced or repaired in a relatively short period. Also, there will be blowback on a much larger scale.
    If all the leaders signed a cease fire, what are the options for handling violations of he Cease fire by Assad? By the FSA? Who would decide what was self-defense?

    //
    _______________________________
    How did Our Oil get under Their Sand?

  8. #168
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Here's what has become clear over the last 4+ years and brought into crystal clarity with Benghazi & Syria serving as evidence.
    People are starting to apply the terms incompetent & unqualified to Obama but that's only partly true.
    As a foreign policy President it's 100% accurate ... but he didn't run as a foreign policy president and never wanted or intended to be one.
    His interest was and remains domestic policy. His goal is to Europeanize the USA and he's really good at that.
    Obamacare ? Good example. Huge progress toward European Socialism.
    Policies that keep the economy and employment growth weak so as to increase the dependent class leading to perpetuation of his Party which leads to more of the same.
    Institutionalizing a dependency that'll be damn near impossible to reverse.
    This is the kind of thing he was trained to do and he's doing it really well.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Here's what has become clear over the last 4+ years and brought into crystal clarity with Benghazi & Syria serving as evidence.
    People are starting to apply the terms incompetent & unqualified to Obama but that's only partly true.
    As a foreign policy President it's 100% accurate ... but he didn't run as a foreign policy president and never wanted or intended to be one.
    His interest was and remains domestic policy. His goal is to Europeanize the USA and he's really good at that.
    Obamacare ? Good example. Huge progress toward European Socialism.
    Policies that keep the economy and employment growth weak so as to increase the dependent class leading to perpetuation of his Party which leads to more of the same.
    Institutionalizing a dependency that'll be damn near impossible to reverse.
    This is the kind of thing he was trained to do and he's doing it really well.
    Yep, the new American national anthem

    Obamaville Song - YouTube

  10. #170
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I have never thought choosing the inexperienced man as President was a really good idea. Some of the things he has done were really bad and saying he did not draw the Red Line is as silly as the other guy's saying he had had nor sex with that woman. He hype was stupid.
    ...and incompetently foolish.

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    But he is right here. The international community's credibility is on the line. And that is bad because we are going to need that credibility with the political capital that brings with it, if we want to stop the slide into a multipolar international system with its near certainty of world war in this century. Of course we ie the international community should not have let the dictator commit mass murder in the first place. But gassing the civilian population is certainly something you cannot just stand by and watch. That makes one an accomplice.
    You don't go to war, you don't send young men and women into combat, risking their lives, sending however many of them to their deaths to uphold someone's credibility or some nations credibility. There is no "political capital" to be gained in favor of helping someone save face. To do so is pure foolishness.

    I agree, gassing a civilian population is a horrific thing; and no, we cannot just "stand by and watch." But neither can we do something that is likely guaranteed to result in far more deaths, if not potentially lead to another world war.

    And realize what we're actually considering doing - siding with Al Qaeda (who are the ones fighting Assad's regime), a mortal enemy with whom we've been fighting for the past 12 years, which a successful outcome of our involvement would only mean ensconcing an avowed enemy of the United States into power - and think about it - power over and possession of a vast storehouse of chemical weapons. We're also considering letting the Saudi government pay for our soldiers, fundamentally turning the United States armed services into a mercenary force. There's so much more...

    Finally, where is the proof Assad is the one who actually set off those chemical weapons? There isn't any, which is part of the reason why so many of our allies are not in favor of this. Those of our allies who are in favor of this have their own political reasons for wanting us to overthrow Assad - NONE OF WHICH HAVE ANYTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE GASSING OF INNOCENT CIVILIANS.

    Think about it - the "innocent civilian" meme is really just an excuse. If our president, if the international community were so concerned about the loss of innocent life, why is there no outrage over the forced starvation deaths of over 20,000 civilians in North Korea? Hmmm? See also here and here.

    "Political capital" might be an appropriate word - but it has nothing to do with "compassion" over innocent lives. No, I don't buy for an instant that rationale.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •