Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 172

Thread: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

  1. #131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Now he's lying about the Red Line...

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    You are jumping to conclusions.... I am not supporting what Obama is doing. In fact, I think the US has been remarkably inconsistent on this issue.... from aiding in the use of gas to looking the other way to feigning outrage 15 years after the fact to wanting to go to war over it now. But, that is the way our government (and our people) often are; remarkably inconsistent.

    Even on DP, you can see multiple posts outraged over the actions of the current president, but they will defend the same actions of a President from their party. Chemical weapons is one example. The cry to enter Iraq included Saddam's use of chemical weapons (even though it happened 15 years prior)... and many in that party are now telling us that its not our problem.

    I'm against Bush because he pretty much screwed up the US economy with waging meaningless wars and occupations, granting tax cuts that were designed to eliminate the surplus, but then calling them a form of stimulus and expanding medicare without funding it. Sp we are clear, in my Bush had a few redeeming qualities, but was generally a very bad president. Obama has many redeeming qualities, but is screwing this particular issue up big time.

    That is probably hard for you to understand, Con... as you are one of these people that carries a party line and can find no redeeming qualities on the other side of the ideal. I am far more nuanced than that... there is much about my party that I disagree (and sometimes I see people on the other side that have it right.)
    I would have thought that in 5 years you would have overcome the ignorance you continue to display. Bush didn't screw up the economy, that would be Obama. The economy was healing when Obama took office and today the results speak for themselves. the partisanship is coming from you, not me. I post facts and support those facts with logic and common sense. I don't understand how someone who claims to run a business can be so blind to what Obama is doing to that business.

    I have no party line, I am a conservative and nothing Obama or the Democrats have done is conservative. I don't belong to the Republican Party, never have, and grew up a Democrat, registered Democrat for decades, voted for more democrats than you probably voted for Republicans. The difference between me and you is that I understand the economy and the private sector better than either you or Obama. You cannot tell me how Bush screwed up the economy because the war certainly didn't do that. Obama has no redeeming qualities but screwed up from day one, too bad you cannot see that.

  2. #132
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    For those willing to be educated....

    They say you can't tell a wise man from a fool until he opens his mouth.

    That should lead us to do a little fact checking before we speak. As a courtesy, to save you further embarrassment, I offer the following link for you to study.

    Obama’s Blurry Red Line

    Read it. Get the facts. Go over the context and get back to us later after you have studied to show thyself approved.

    Have a nice weekend.
    For those who presume to be educators....

    Obama says he didn’t draw the red line on Syria, world did | McClatchy Read it.

    Post #50 Read that.

    Read 'em all. Dump the liberal spin sites; get the unbiased facts, understand the statements, what was said and why, use the brain God gave each one of us.

    And if you're going to quote something, quote it correctly:
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    and
    "Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is considered prudent." - Proverbs 17:28
    and
    "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." - 2 Tim 2:15

    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  3. #133
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Talk about slithering snakes...

    Unbelievable.
    And the passing of the buck begins, and shirking responsibly and lacking in leadership.

    Really? Is anyone surprised by this?
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    And the passing of the buck begins, and shirking responsibly and lacking in leadership.

    Really? Is anyone surprised by this?
    Not at all.

    Hear the latest in the Hollywood social news?

    Obomba is "trying."

    LOL...

    Trying!

  5. #135
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    And the passing of the buck begins, and shirking responsibly and lacking in leadership.

    Really? Is anyone surprised by this?
    I read somewhere the other day that even radical lefty and pseudo documentarian Oliver Stone referred to il prezbo as "a snake." I could care less what Stone has to say about anything, but when the one guy who might be willing to rewrite history with a movie dedicated to you thinks you too slithery a subject, I have to chuckle.

    Surprised? No.

    And neither am I surprised at all his minions crawling out of the woodwork to spin his comments as if what he said he didn't really say, though he did, just not in the way he did, which he did.

    What really cracks me up was the last poster who cited FactCheck.Org, who did a piece that basically said that while we do need to consider the context of what he said (duh), he nevertheless did say what he did.... as if that was some sort of proof he didn't say what he said.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  6. #136
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Not at all.

    Hear the latest in the Hollywood social news?

    Obomba is "trying."

    LOL...

    Trying!
    As in.... his intentions are good?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  7. #137
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    As in.... his intentions are good?
    I took it (my personal bias) as meaning, don't fault the guy. He's doing his best. You know, the way you would not shame grade schooling kids for doing stupid things, but instead say the kid is "trying."

    I heard the remark in passing without the full context from a reliable source. Since I posted it, I looked it up. It was Robert De Niro who said it.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Niro
    He’s trying his best. He’s going to do things that people feel are not right or violating one right or another. But at the end of the day, he represents, I think, the best of the type of people that I would like to see running the government. He has to play that game, the political game. They all do. They make statements they can’t honor because they’re impossible to honor. Once you get into that Washington machinery, you’ve just got to figure it out and swim against the current and grab onto this rock and that, and just try to maintain your course.
    De Niro on Obama: He's trying his best

  8. #138
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Can we stop with the liberal BS to compare what Obama is doing to what Bush did? The further we get from the Iraq War resolution the more distorted liberals become in making claims about why we attacked Iraq. No such resolution exists in Syria and attempts to redefine what Obama said is desperation on the part of Obamabots to continue to support the failed liberal ideology and an incompetent in Barack Obama

    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-10...107publ243.htm

  9. #139
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I took it (my personal bias) as meaning,
    don't fault the guy. He's doing his best. You know, the way you would not shame grade schooling kids for doing stupid things, but instead say the kid is "trying."

    I heard the remark in passing without the full context from a reliable source. Since I posted it, I looked it up. It was Robert De Niro who said it.



    De Niro on Obama: He's trying his best
    Lol...That should have been one of his plattitudes in 08 and 12.

    " Elect Barrack Obama, he'll try his best".

  10. #140
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    re: Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I took it (my personal bias) as meaning, don't fault the guy. He's doing his best. You know, the way you would not shame grade schooling kids for doing stupid things, but instead say the kid is "trying."

    I heard the remark in passing without the full context from a reliable source. Since I posted it, I looked it up. It was Robert De Niro who said it.

    De Niro on Obama: He's trying his best
    LOL. My problem - and you get this too is that this isn't grade school.

    As far as what De Niro said, it strikes me that when a man in the most powerful position in the world needs a Hollywood actor to apologetically stand up for him, appealing to our emotions with the lame excuse that he's "trying," then he knows and we know that despite all his efforts (at least those off the golf course) he's quite obviously failing miserably.

    I mean... seriously... how many other presidents in history (and I've not looked this up) had it said of them that they were "trying?"
    Abraham Lincoln? "He's trying"
    FDR? "He's trying"
    Dwight Eisenhower? "He's trying"
    Ronald Reagan? "He's trying"
    George Washington? "He's trying"
    ...?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •