Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 83

Thread: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay-mar

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Should I apologize for defending those who serve our country? Or should I apologize for pointing out your poor logic? I know, I will laugh at you blaming the victim while complaining about others spinning...
    Laugh all you want. And dont try dragging in every member of the military either. I come from a military family and grew up next door to an air base.
    Every day of my life I wear KIA braclet with my cousins name on it.
    But hey, dont listen to logic. Listen to the "he dont like gays" part and key on it.
    You are right, I dont like gays that make it their lifes work to degrade and denegrate every organization they can.

  2. #42
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Touched a nerve, did I? You see gay marriage as the same as traditional marriage, it is not. Your narrow view on this assumed that you are correct and the majority is wrong... hence the moxy comment. The people you pretend are unable to stand up for themselves are military personel. They are capable of defending themselves. You may think this makes you look like a hero, it does not. It makes you look like a one topic pony hardly worth the time to respond to, which is why I'm done with you. Just the fact that a supposed adult would use an anime avatar is a signal to me that you are not to be taken seriously.
    I see them as the same under the law, which is all that matters in terms of the military.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Laugh all you want. And dont try dragging in every member of the military either. I come from a military family and grew up next door to an air base.
    Every day of my life I wear KIA braclet with my cousins name on it.
    But hey, dont listen to logic. Listen to the "he dont like gays" part and key on it.
    You are right, I dont like gays that make it their lifes work to degrade and denegrate every organization they can.
    You suggested those who serve in our military are less than real Americans because two states made it a little harder for them to get their legal benefits. You know, people who actually served and not just wore a piece of jewelry. People who have not done anything wrong and yet you are still blaming them for this.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Many soldiers in general have given their lives. Why do you insist on defending only the minority? I have a disabled veteran friend who is not getting the medical treatment he needs because the federal government refuses to pay for it. I would be more inclined to fight for the rights of our military members in general because my agenda doesn't color my view of preferential treatment based on sexuality.

    Lolabird, you've got a lot of moxy to be embarassed as a representative of the human race based on someone else's opinion on just how far we should be bending over backward to satisfy a small percentage of the population. It's not that we don't care about people who are gay, it's that we don't think less of those who are not. If you want to fight inequities you might be best served to address one that doesn't highlight your obvious narrow view.
    Are the 'minority' a part of our military? Why do they have to be labeled 'minority'?
    WE? don't think less of THEM. Oh, aren't you filled with altruism to utter such a magnanimous offering.
    Thank you for acknowledging my MOXIE. It's a gift from my parents.

  5. #45
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    That is all irrelevant to Gay "marriage and benefits"
    You're clamoring is irrelevant.

  6. #46
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Many soldiers in general have given their lives. Why do you insist on defending only the minority? I have a disabled veteran friend who is not getting the medical treatment he needs because the federal government refuses to pay for it. I would be more inclined to fight for the rights of our military members in general because my agenda doesn't color my view of preferential treatment based on sexuality.

    Lolabird, you've got a lot of moxy to be embarassed as a representative of the human race based on someone else's opinion on just how far we should be bending over backward to satisfy a small percentage of the population. It's not that we don't care about people who are gay, it's that we don't think less of those who are not. If you want to fight inequities you might be best served to address one that doesn't highlight your obvious narrow view.
    the truth doesn't go over well here....
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    the truth doesn't go over well here....
    I agree the truth does suffer in here- how ever I see it as a few regressives trying to stand close to but are not quite like the vets who did serve.

    It is a sad fact our vets have through out history gotten the short end of the stick from a rather unconcerned public- all bracelets and 'I know a guy' aside.

    But to compound that neglect with a capricious reason seems a big slap in the face of those vets you claim to honor.

    The two issues are not related. One requires a huge expenditure to make VA services available in more than a select few major cities or military installations. The other a simple clerical issuance of ID cards. These new spouses will face the same obstacles the disabled vet does living too far away from a VA center/major military installation. But they don't need a pinhead Governor to be one more obstacle.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I agree the truth does suffer in here- how ever I see it as a few regressives trying to stand close to but are not quite like the vets who did serve.

    It is a sad fact our vets have through out history gotten the short end of the stick from a rather unconcerned public- all bracelets and 'I know a guy' aside.

    But to compound that neglect with a capricious reason seems a big slap in the face of those vets you claim to honor.

    The two issues are not related. One requires a huge expenditure to make VA services available in more than a select few major cities or military installations. The other a simple clerical issuance of ID cards. These new spouses will face the same obstacles the disabled vet does living too far away from a VA center/major military installation. But they don't need a pinhead Governor to be one more obstacle.
    What we DON'T need are government resources spent on passifying the wants of a few people who claim to want to be equal while still wanting to be special above the real needs of our veterans. It doesn't matter to me if a soldier is gay or not, but using available resources to make sure Adam and Steve are comfortable before my friend James gets his surgery is not going to happen, at least it shouldn't. The point that tends to be lost on the lib side is that all soldiers are EQUAL first and deserve our respect for what they do, not because of their orientation. A soldier is a Soldier, not a Gay Soldier or a Straight Soldier. Hyphonated titles are for the intentionally weak, and Soldiers are anything but. If someone in the military is more worried about their sexual status than about their fellow soldiers I have no use for them. Be gay on your own time, today you wear a uniform and I expect you to think of your brothers in arms first.

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    What we DON'T need are government resources spent on passifying the wants of a few people who claim to want to be equal while still wanting to be special above the real needs of our veterans. It doesn't matter to me if a soldier is gay or not, but using available resources to make sure Adam and Steve are comfortable before my friend James gets his surgery is not going to happen, at least it shouldn't. The point that tends to be lost on the lib side is that all soldiers are EQUAL first and deserve our respect for what they do, not because of their orientation. A soldier is a Soldier, not a Gay Soldier or a Straight Soldier. Hyphonated titles are for the intentionally weak, and Soldiers are anything but. If someone in the military is more worried about their sexual status than about their fellow soldiers I have no use for them. Be gay on your own time, today you wear a uniform and I expect you to think of your brothers in arms first.
    Well to be truthful about it, it isn't spending any more for the SSM soldier as any other married soldier. It isn't pacifying, it is equality. might as well say why give a nickle more to a married soldier than a single one- after all the wife/kids are above the 'real' needs of our national defense.

    You seem to think the money comes out of one big pot... it doesn't. Deny SSM benefits to every SSM couple with a service member in it and your friend James is abso-freakin- loutely no closer to the surgery you think he needs. If you had served and needed surgery you'd see the VA is a whole different cat than DoD dependent care/benefits.

    You make an overly emotional- and very flawed comparison- soldiers risk their lives for each other- this I can PERSONALLY attest to. But getting the SAME benefits as a 'straight' couple has NOTHING to do with that.

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Such couples are eligible for federal benefits even when a state discriminates against them.
    State national gaurds aren't Federal. So, again, what's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •