Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 167

Thread: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

  1. #61
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    That's right I wanna see my tax dollars at work!

    Pops, you are old. You have seen life. Wait until we get there too with our children, grand children, and grand-grand children, and... you get the point. And then when we are ALL old as you we can set the whole world on fire and watch taxed dollars at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Boneheaded is actually a generous term. It seems about as likely as the last WMD scare we had in Iraq.

    So, you think Assad is THAT dumb? What a preposterous thing to do. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.

    Why is this sounding familiar?
    Dictators do do stupid things (it's in the nature of dictators surrounding themselves with yes men). Still I hear you. I simply find it hard to believe that Assad would be this stupid, especially since it appears the rebel offensive had stalled, and if anything Assad had stabilized his position. I wish we could stay out of this -- supporting religious extremists backed by Saudi Arabia (of 9-11 fame) is something I find totally unpalatable. Assad may be a sombitch madman, but at least he's a secular madman.

  3. #63
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    set the whole world on fire
    hah I'm just kidding, just trying to appear angry
    I would love for the planet to live in continual whirrled peas but not being a ditzy beauty pageant contestant
    I know better than to wish for things that can never be achieved.

    When I was young we lived in a world under the supposed threat of nooclear annihilation, turns out the Cold War was a hoax and is now being replaced with another hoax that is even LESS believable, Islam is going to destroy the west? oh plueaze dude seriously? I'd much rather the west would just concentrate on doing what we do best, getting richer and elevating our citizens standards of living.

    The probability that even if we tried our best that we could drag these people into the 21st century is 0.000000000000000000%


  4. #64
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Wow. I never expected both left and right to be as close on this as they are.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  5. #65
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Post one, then. I think you won't because you know it proves nothing.

    I'm not going to go back thru the threads for you. Whatever buddy, I've proved you wrong twice and you can't admit it so no more wasted time with you.

  6. #66
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Let's see'em

    Start by looking at posts #49 and #53 on this thread.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Wow. I never expected both left and right to be as close on this as they are.
    Regrettably, I think a lot of conservatives oppose a strike against Syria merely because Obama appears to be for it. So it's not on principle. I'd wager that if it were Bush planning a strike, they'd be clamoring for military action and asserting that Democrats aren't patriotic if they opposed it. That's how they got the whole Iraqi fiasco off the ground.

    Since WWII Democrats and progressives have traditionally tried to limit presidential war power and have traditionally tried to deliberate before taking military action. I don't think conservatives can say the same. The isolationist wing maybe, but isolationism is itself a poor ground for arguing against military action.

  8. #68
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Regrettably, I think a lot of conservatives oppose a strike against Syria merely because Obama appears to be for it. So it's not on principle. I'd wager that if it were Bush planning a strike, they'd be clamoring for military action and asserting that Democrats aren't patriotic if they opposed it. That's how they got the whole Iraqi fiasco off the ground.

    Since WWII Democrats and progressives have traditionally tried to limit presidential war power and have traditionally tried to deliberate before taking military action. I don't think conservatives can say the same. The isolationist wing maybe, but isolationism is itself a poor ground for arguing against military action.
    LOL.

    You must be banking on victims of government schools to bite on that second paragraph.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Boneheaded is actually a generous term. It seems about as likely as the last WMD scare we had in Iraq.

    So, you think Assad is THAT dumb? What a preposterous thing to do. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.

    Why is this sounding familiar?
    What tacticle objective were the rebs trying to achieve by gassing civilians?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Start by looking at posts #49 and #53 on this thread.
    A short range chemical weapon and no one is wearing a gas mask, or protective clothing. Im not convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •