Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 167

Thread: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

  1. #11
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-26-17 @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    This is win-at-any-costs for all of the almost uncountable organizations and factions that have injected themselves into the Syrian conflict - which exists because so many other countries - USA included - are using Syria and Syrian civilians as pawns for their goals having nothing to do with Syria or Syrians whatsoever.

  2. #12
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    oh course it was a rebel attack, what better way to win than to have U.S. roll in like we did in Libya
    and blow the government forces to smithereens for you and then you can have a chaotic war between
    the warring factions to settle who finally gets to run the place? Thing is Oh-bammer never intended to
    do anything there, it's just a distraction while he achieves a far more important political goal...

  3. #13
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    I'm not saying that's what happened. But the Syrian government was winning the war and attacking only civilians only galvanized the world against them. That seems like an awfully boneheaded move. I wondered why the UN wasn't acting, it may be because this isn't as clear cut as Obama is making it out to be.
    Boneheaded is actually a generous term. It seems about as likely as the last WMD scare we had in Iraq.

    So, you think Assad is THAT dumb? What a preposterous thing to do. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.

    Why is this sounding familiar?

  4. #14
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    This is win-at-any-costs for all of the almost uncountable organizations and factions that have injected themselves into the Syrian conflict - which exists because so many other countries - USA included - are using Syria and Syrian civilians as pawns for their goals having nothing to do with Syria or Syrians whatsoever.

    I totally agree with that assessment!!

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,182

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised. I hate to see us going into Syria half-cocked, without knowing 100% for sure what has really happened there. Our government appears to be trusting those whom we have been fighting against, and imo, our going into Syria is a huge mistake.
    The only mistake is how the whole show will be handle and I think we already know that Obama is going to screw the pooch on this one, nine ways from sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,664

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't buy it. The small quanity and lack of a delivery system doesn't add up.
    The Saudi's are financing and arming the Al Qaeda forces in Syria. That part has been proven by a multitude of reliable sources, and is no different than when I was in Somalia and the Saudi's did the exact same there.

    A delivery system for Sarin is not that difficult. A Qassam rocket (see picture below) is widely used in the region and can easily have a Sarin canister placed in the tip.

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,182

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    The Saudi's are financing and arming the Al Qaeda forces in Syria. That part has been proven by a multitude of reliable sources, and is no different than when I was in Somalia and the Saudi's did the exact same there.

    A delivery system for Sarin is not that difficult. A Qassam rocket (see picture below) is widely used in the region and can easily have a Sarin canister placed in the tip.
    A 2 kilo canister isn't evidence that the rebs have delivery system, nor is 2 kilos enough to kill 1400 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #18
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,664

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A 2 kilo canister isn't evidence that the rebs have delivery system, nor is 2 kilos enough to kill 1400 people.
    We have no idea how many rockets were fired, or how much Sarin was deployed. Also there are environmental elements; wind distribution, concentration of the agent between buildings and disbursement patterns due to both.

    My only reason to show the picture, was to prove that multiple and simplistic delivery systems exist, and to believe what the Administration is saying (that it does not) is just incorrect.

    There are also higher capacity delivery systems available for use in the region by non-government elements.

    Not arguing with you, just pointing out that the possibility exists, and it is not a far fetched possibility.

    On another subject, I cannot believe that the US government is stating that they "so not want to go to War" in Syria, but are stating in the same breath that they do want to fire missiles at Syria. The last time I checked, firing upon another sovereign nation is an Act of War. They would have every right declaring war against the US, and having their allies do the same, if we do attack them.

  9. #19
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    So who has the lowdown, the straight skinny, the real deal info on exactly how this attack was carried out?
    Did they just stuff a dude in a MOP suit load him up with pralidoxime & atropine have him jump on a car outfitted with canisters
    and have him drive down the street? Where's the definitive report on what actually happened? Oh you say we don't really know?
    OK Let's go with that?

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,182

    Re: Rebels are to blame for gas attacks? (Syria)

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    We have no idea how many rockets were fired, or how much Sarin was deployed. Also there are environmental elements; wind distribution, concentration of the agent between buildings and disbursement patterns due to both.

    My only reason to show the picture, was to prove that multiple and simplistic delivery systems exist, and to believe what the Administration is saying (that it does not) is just incorrect.

    There are also higher capacity delivery systems available for use in the region by non-government elements.

    Not arguing with you, just pointing out that the possibility exists, and it is not a far fetched possibility.

    On another subject, I cannot believe that the US government is stating that they "so not want to go to War" in Syria, but are stating in the same breath that they do want to fire missiles at Syria. The last time I checked, firing upon another sovereign nation is an Act of War. They would have every right declaring war against the US, and having their allies do the same, if we do attack them.
    We don't have any idea that any were fired...by the rebs...loaded with chemical agents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •