Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

  1. #31
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well they already have up the map the US has identified with Assads Chemical factories and Assets. Where they are strategically looking to now help the Rebels.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...post1062270768



    Which btw way Assad has moved things into Civilian neighborhoods.

    I hear he's been accused of that.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I hear he's been accused of that.
    Sounds like its validated and confirmed by the Press and of course an Unnamed official who wasn't authorized to speak.

  3. #33
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Sounds like its validated and confirmed by the Press and of course an Unnamed official who wasn't authorized to speak.
    I find it hard to know whom to believe and whom not, in this. As they say: "In war, truth dies first".

    What's known to some extent, though, are the interests and objectives of the players.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    I find it hard to know whom to believe and whom not, in this. As they say: "In war, truth dies first".

    What's known to some extent, though, are the interests and objectives of the players.
    Yeah I know how you feel German Guy.....myself I haven't been going with just one or two sides of the story.

    Associated Press – 3 hrs ago

    Syria is said to be hiding weapons, moving troops

    The main Western-backed opposition group says that during the buildup last week to what seemed like an imminent U.S. attack, the army moved troops as well as rocket launchers, artillery and other heavy weapons into residential neighborhoods in cities nationwide. Three Damascus residents, speaking on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals, confirmed such movements.

    A U.S. official confirmed there are indications that the Syrian regime is taking steps to move some of its military equipment and bolster protection for defense facilities.

    The official, who was not authorized to discuss intelligence matters and spoke on condition of anonymity, said that at this point, the U.S. has the information it needs to maintain a good handle on what the regime is doing to prepare.....snip~

    Syria is said to be hiding weapons, moving troops

  5. #35
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah I know how you feel German Guy.....myself I haven't been going with just one or two sides of the story.

    Associated Press – 3 hrs ago

    Syria is said to be hiding weapons, moving troops

    The main Western-backed opposition group says that during the buildup last week to what seemed like an imminent U.S. attack, the army moved troops as well as rocket launchers, artillery and other heavy weapons into residential neighborhoods in cities nationwide. Three Damascus residents, speaking on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals, confirmed such movements.

    A U.S. official confirmed there are indications that the Syrian regime is taking steps to move some of its military equipment and bolster protection for defense facilities.

    The official, who was not authorized to discuss intelligence matters and spoke on condition of anonymity, said that at this point, the U.S. has the information it needs to maintain a good handle on what the regime is doing to prepare.....snip~

    Syria is said to be hiding weapons, moving troops
    A lot of anonymity in their but I wouldn't doubt it. Thing is the US already said they wouldn't attack the chemical supplies anyway for obvious reasons.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    A lot of anonymity in their but I wouldn't doubt it. Thing is the US already said they wouldn't attack the chemical supplies anyway for obvious reasons.
    Well its us doing the talking.....so we tend to change things up and do what we said we wouldn't do.....then afterwards. We will say we misspoke.

    Either way its not like the Pope was going to advocate war.

    Although with the Pope and Ban Ki and the UN saying what they are. One thing is for certain. The Neo Cons and Neo libs aint liking it.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya DV. Well the UN has come out now saying that military action over this issue would only be in defense, and thinks this can lead to more conflict outside Syria. So the Pope is in accordance with them as well.
    No clear side to support is the reason I don't support any action there. Of the factions, one, probably the smallest, is the only one that might actually be worth a damned, note I said probably. All the rest are just "which evil do you want?" type choices.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #38
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Your the dude that needs to look at the link that German put up.
    IOW, you want me to play into the conspiracy theories? Thanks, but I'll stick to reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well its us doing the talking.....so we tend to change things up and do what we said we wouldn't do.....then afterwards. We will say we misspoke.

    Either way its not like the Pope was going to advocate war.

    Although with the Pope and Ban Ki and the UN saying what they are. One thing is for certain. The Neo Cons and Neo libs aint liking it.

    Oh yeah, that's for damn sure.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Syria Conflict Could Turn into another World War, Warns Vatican

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Bush rejected Putin's open arms after 9/11 and the US repeatedly kicked in his face (Iraq 2003, Ukraine 2004, Georgia 2008, Libya 2011), since Bush followed Billy Kristol's strategic musings about rolling back Russia and destroying it on the long run. Obama has obviously just continued that policy.

    That doesn't mean Putin is a nice guy, or a better guy. The Russians have their weird geotrategic paranoia too and aren't over the loss of the USSR yet.

    But this confrontation over Syria is just the next logical step in a long line of events Bush started after 9/11, mentored by his PNAC advisors.
    The difference, is that Obama mistakenly believed that through his intellectual superiority, he could schmooze these clowns into doing what he wants...he doesn't have enough common sense to know that his warm and fuzzy approach isn't going to work. Putin was dealing with a tiger before and now he's dealing with a kitty cat. The worst part is, Putin knows the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •