Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 121

Thread: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

  1. #71
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh, I see we didn't know it would kill people and make more defective. I feel better now.
    There are many instances like this throughout history, and they are not confined to war. Think asbestos...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    There are many instances like this throughout history, and they are not confined to war. Think asbestos...
    Like I said.

  3. #73
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Like I said.
    I must have missed your point, if there was one...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I must have missed your point, if there was one...
    My point was always that the US manufactured and used chemical weapons for the better part of a century an supplied them to others for their use. You pointed out that they have though stopped making them and have or currently are destroying stockpiles. That's a good thing. I don't know that you and I have a disagreement really. Unless you think that Syria is bound to a treaty they haven't signed.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I don't think it's necessary, but with Republican backing it will happen. With Congressional approval which will blow some minds here.

    How many posts until Boehner and Cantor get called "RINOs?"
    Limbaugh, Palin and the rightwing noise machine will call him a RINO for cooperating with Obama and then say Obama isn't being touch enough on Syria because he's an Arab loving jihadist, but he's leading us into war because he takes his orders from Wall Street, when he's not a Marxist, which is always.

    It's what conservatives do when they move their mouths.

  6. #76
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    What is insanity is standing by and letting the Syrian people get gunned down and murdered. Russia has supplyed more weapons to the Assad regime than it has supplied aid to the Syrian refugees.

    Russia is making profits from the Assad regimes massacres of its people.

    If the rebals seize the city that serves as the Russian naval base, I wonder if Russia will stand by and do nothing?
    80% of Syrians support the government and oppose the revolutionaries. But the $$$ is to be made in war, so war it will be. The military needs a war to justify replacing war supplies stockpiles.

  7. #77
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    The Syrian government didn't used chemical weapons. The revolutionaries did. But for the USA and the West, there would be no revolutionaries and civil war. The USA supplied insurgents weapons to start a rebellions. The president announces if chemical weapons are used the USA will put the insurgents into power. The insurgents of the revolution we created use chemical weapons. Now the President will reward them by putting the radically in power.

    The claim that the Syrian government is who used the chemical weapons is a pre-planned calculated lie.

  8. #78
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    My point was always that the US manufactured and used chemical weapons for the better part of a century an supplied them to others for their use. You pointed out that they have though stopped making them and have or currently are destroying stockpiles. That's a good thing. I don't know that you and I have a disagreement really. Unless you think that Syria is bound to a treaty they haven't signed.
    I'm not sure what to expect if we attack considering both they and Iran have threatened to retaliate against Israel. IMV, if there is going to be a meaningful response, it would be directed against Iran's nuclear facilities, though I wouldn't trust the administration to carry out such an ambitious plan...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    I just heard kerry on tv say all the left wing emotional buzzwords while "testifying" about what our role should be.


    Now to young, naive kids and idealists this all sounds SOOOOO good...but to people who have seen all this before it's typical, empty political doubletalk.

    Sen. Johnson just commented/asked Kerry if it was true that; "Originally the opposition was more western leaning, more moderate and democratic and as time has gone by has been degraded and infiltrated by Al Qaeda?;

    Kerry said; QUOTE "No, that is basically not true. the opposition has increasingly become more defined by its' moderation and more defined by the breadth of it's membership and more defined by its' adherence to ...some...you know...democratic process and to an all inclusive, minority protecting constitution which will be broad based and secular to the security of syria."END QUOTE

    LMMFAO..I think he got them all in one sentence..."moderation", "breadth of membership", "democratic process", "broad based", "all inclusive", "minority protecting" and "security".

    Now anyone over about 15 years old sees this as pure propaganda and playing on peoples emotions and prejudices..

    If anyone is against bombing syria, therefore, they are not moderate (radical?), they are undemocratic, they are "exclusive" (HORRORS!), "against protecting minorities" (gotta get SOMETHING in about minorities..they've learned how THAT word works on americans) have a narrow agenda (opposite of "broad based) and would cause the country to become "insecure"..LMFAO..as if it were ever "secure" anyway.
    This is getting stuoid America needs to get involvrd in another war like we need another reality tv show. Bombing them will do nothing just a different rooster runn the chicken pen. I am so sick of the middle east. Really lets do this sell them all bomb, guns , ammo, sell **** that will turn their skin green and let them kill each other. Why do we have to mess with it. One we can pay down the debt??

  10. #80
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brookfield,Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    11-04-13 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    628

    Re: House Speaker John Boehner will support strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Article is here.



    OK, it's good that Boehner, along with Cantor, are putting aside differences to back Obama on this............. But do we really need to do this? That is the question. Whatever intel Obama showed Boehner, it evidently persuaded him. However, Obama needs to persuade the American people, and keeping the reasons secret from the American people is not going to cut it.

    Obama, show the American people what you have. We demand it.
    Obama promised Boner a new tanning bed and a lifetime supply of Marlboro's.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •