Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    It's not about ethnicity, or whether or not Israelis can fight. They clearly can, so if they want Syria knocked out in a specific way that benefits them, they can do it themselves.



    The white guilt thing doesn't work on me. You being Jewish has absolutely nothing to do with this, so quit race baiting.
    Race baiting? White guilt? Just because you know some stupid Internet expressions doesn't make you cool. Neither does your hatred of Israel and therefore hatred of Jews.

  2. #32
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    What you seem to have missed in my response
    You're getting missed confused with ignored. If you aren't going to bother reading the conversation before clumsily butting in, I'm not going to waste my time on you.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  3. #33
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Race baiting? White guilt? Just because you know some stupid Internet expressions doesn't make you cool. Neither does your hatred of Israel and therefore hatred of Jews.
    Yes, race baiting. Just like the bolded portion of your asinine post. You being Jewish is not the topic of discussion, and was completely irrelevant, yet you somehow think it's relevant to throw around as if it carries weight in this discussion. There is absolutely no reason to take anything you have to say here seriously at this point.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    I think everyone who isn't Jewish and is in the Middle East is pretty much a threat to Israel. I suspect every country outside of Israel would love to see Israel gone.
    So?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    But to your point, I am not sure how much of Al Qaeda is a threat to anyone right now. I really think some other players right now have much bigger numbers, more money, and therefore more access to weapons and people that would do Israel harm.
    And Israel in the past has had no problem in the past smacking the pee pees of Hamas or Hezbollah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    I also agree with you about Assad. Sometimes the enemy you know is WAY BETTER than the enemy you do not know. At least with Assad, Israel could reasonably predict what he was up to and what the threat level is. Imagine Al Qaeda with chemical or biological WMD's. That would really destabilize the Middle East.
    Al-Qaeda already has Sarin and is producing it.. it's the dirty secret nobody wants to talk about or admit too. Iraq claims foiling al-Qaeda nerve-gas plot - Middle East - Al Jazeera English
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    You are way off base. USA wants Israel to ask for permission before doing anything in the Middle East, so the Oval Office bribes Israel with weapons and other military technologies. If tomorrow morning USA stopped giving a penny to Israel I would be very happy. Then folks like myself could send after-tax dollars to Israel to offset the loss, no non-Jews would have to spend their tax dollars on Israel, and Israel would no longer be beholden to the Oval Office. The only down side for USA is that their oil interests in the Middle East might be on shakier ground; but that's a non-issue soon enough because in 10 to 20 years USA will be a net exporter of oil. So I really would prefer we gave Israel nothing via USA tax dollars.
    US doesn't bribe Israel. Israel needs the US to be it's bitch and that's the relationship. Btw, send your after tax dollars to a foreign government that the US doesn't support and see what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Case in point - remember back during Desert Storm when we were bombing Saddam back to the stone age and he randomly started shooting missiles into Israel even though Israel had nothing whatsoever to do with that UN action? USA begged Israel to stay out of it. Had Israel not been beholden to the requests of our POTUS because we bribe her with $3 billion in yearly arms, she could have dropped a few dozen nuclear weapons on Iraq and called it a day. Then 10 years later our USA troops would not have had to go onto the ground searching for the WMD's that Saddam had long since sent to Syria.
    Actually, your history is a bit off. US told Israel to sit down and shut up because if Israel had fired one bullet at Iraq during the First Gulf War, the Arab coalition would have broken up and left the US high and dry at least and at worse the drawn them in on the side of Iraq. Meaning it would have been the US and Israel vs the whole Middle East. Most forget, Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the rest of the middle east had about 150,000 troops part of the invasion to free Kuwait.

    So the US and UK sent Patriot missile units to defend Israel and wasted Special Ops teams hunting Scuds.. Israel didn't get a weapons deal for that.

    LOL @ floating the Syria-Iraq chemical weapon thing.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,876

    re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Moderator's Warning:
    With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]There's a topic here and it's not each other. Stop with the personal comments directed at each other and focus on the topic only please. Only warning i'm giving.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    I'm pretty sure LBJ didn't put troops in Israel in 67, Nixon didn't put troops in Israel in 73, and Reagan didn't put troops in Israel in 82. We Jews have a history of fighting like great warriors.
    So your history goes back 70 years with the backing and supplying by European countries and the US. Your lucky in '67 LBJ turned his back on the US Navy personal killed by Israeli forces who deliberately tried to sink the USS Liberty.




    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    They won't lose a penny. Most of us Jews make a substantial living in USA, and there are I believe somewhere around 6.7 million of us here. If each of us Jews sent $448 to Israel, it would be a total wash. And as I have said before, I would prefer it were that way. I don't think Christians should have to fund Israel with tax dollars because that is not fair. Jews should fund Israel with their own earnings. The great losers if USA stops giving out freebies are actually Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Libya, etc.
    If you have such a hard on to support Israel.. MOVE THERE.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    If you have such a hard on to support Israel.. MOVE THERE.
    If you have such a hard on against my freedom of speech, come to New York and make me move there.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Al-Qaeda already has Sarin and is producing it.. it's the dirty secret nobody wants to talk about or admit too.
    ROFLMAO @ Al Jazeera. Now we know the websites you troll. Explains why you hate Israel and post against it at every opportunity. Jew haters love Al Jazeera and StormFront.

  10. #40
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: With eye on Iran, Israelis seek US action in Syria [W:36]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Race baiting? White guilt? Just because you know some stupid Internet expressions doesn't make you cool. Neither does your hatred of Israel and therefore hatred of Jews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    ROFLMAO @ Al Jazeera. Now we know the websites you troll. Explains why you hate Israel and post against it at every opportunity. Jew haters love Al Jazeera and StormFront.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •